Nightmare

Cover Girl

 

 

I’ll back off so you can live

Be happy even without me

 


 

“Sera?”

He groaned as he felt nothing but coldness beside him. He stretched his muscle and tried to get up. The sun was up but she was nowhere to be found. ‘Damn, did I scare her?’

Wild thoughts lit up like a fire on his brain. He looked at his clothes, scattered around the room. A big smile seems visible on his mouth as he went to grab his white shirt near her door. He was sure yesterday was real, not another dream he had. Once he finished his looks, he went out to find her.

Her apartment wasn’t big enough for her to hide. He easily spot her – wearing an oversize brown sweater that covering her body until her mid thighs. She was eating a cup of instant noodle as he approached her.

“Good morning,”

Sera stopped, her body froze. No, this wasn’t like what she planned. She planned to get up, eat some food because she can’t stop being hungry, go for a walk, and wait for him to leave her alone. Heck, she was embarrassed about last night till the point she can bury herself and never return.

When she found herself woke up in his arms, she immediately could tell what happened between them. It wasn’t like she didn’t enjoy it – she loved it as much as him – but she felt awkward in a sudden. Sera felt shy to look at him on the eyes, she knew she will have her cheek reddened and his mock echoing in her head all day.

So she chose to keep eating like he wasn’t there – and failed once she heard him burst into laughter.

“You’re eating without me? Ouch, I’m hurt.” He faked a sad expression.

Sera rolled her eyes, still managed to look like she didn’t care. She stuffed her noodle too much inside until she almost choked. Glad Myungsoo didn’t notice it.

Myungsoo wandered around her kitchen, tried to find some food. He opened her refrigerator and opened a can of soda. Sera cringed at what he did.

“Its 8 in the morning and you already drink Coca Cola? Geez, you’re much worst than me.”

Myungsoo wiped his mouth. He finally heard she talked without any coldness or hatred in it. He knew she was trying to get away again but Myungsoo already learned his lesson very well. He  will make sure she has nowhere but beside him.

“Well, too bad you ate all the food already.”

“Too bad you woke up late and I woke up first. First got up first get,”

Myungsoo growled in annoyance. When she didn’t notice, he took her chopsticks and put it inside his mouth. He smirked as he wiped the corner of his mouth, telling her he won.

 

Sera was left in shock. That was the last bite of her food and he dared to steal it. She threw her chopsticks at him as she ran to him, her fist was ready to hit that pretty face of her seatmate.

“You , go buy your own food. Damnit, I was hungry as hell and you didn’t stop your annoying act,” she let out her anger.

Myungsoo tried to hold his laugh but failed immediately when he saw Sera stomped her legs like a little child. ‘So this is the real you.’

Realized she let her guard down, Sera pulled her hand of him and walked towards her refrigerator. There she opened a can of beer and drink it until there was nothing left. She was so mad till the point she could kill him. But no, she still need his presence in her life.

“You said I’m much worst than you, now look. You gulped down beer like it was your life.”

Sera hummed in annoyance as she said under her breath, “it’s all your fault.”

 

“Now leave.”

 

Myungsoo was sure he misheard something. After what they did last night and she acted like this in the morning, now she wanted him to leave? He swore Jang Sera was the most bipolar girl in this entire universe.

Come on, what was her point acting all cold when they both knew they thirsted for each other presence?

“No.” he said firmly. ‘I made a promise to your brother to keep an eye at you.’

 

Nah, he will stop using Hyunseung as his excuse. Right now, its between him and her.

 

Sera whined. “Leave or I swear I will call the security.”

“Go then, call them.” He fired back. He can’t lose this time, after what she have done to make his heart throbbed. She can’t just ask him to leave and breath like nothing happen.

Sera can’t hide her shock. But she can’t lose either. Her pride was higher than any tower in this world, Jang Sera can’t back down to an like Kim Myungsoo.

She was ready to turn her back when suddenly she found herself trapped between his arms. Myungsoo found himself smiled in joy when he felt her petite body against her – and knowing Sera can’t do much, he smells his trophy was near.

 

Come on, baby. We both know this pull and push game needs to stop. I know you want me,” he smirked.

 

Her eyes widened. She stared at that annoying smile of him, ready to punch it anytime. Sera cringed in disgust as she tried to push him away. Well, he was right, this pull and push game needs to stop.

But it was so fun to play with him, she could die laughing.

“We both know you acting all cute like this make me want to throw up soon, baby.” She replied with a smirk.

Myungsoo laughed and let her go. He folded his hands as he stared at Sera meaningfully. He had to make sure she didn’t take her words seriously. Looking at how annoyed Sera was simply flew a smile to his face. Sera was no longer standing in front of him as she ran to her room. He chuckled, ‘baby huh? How cute.’

 

Sera tried to calm her heartbeat. She was pacing back and front as she tried to make the red shade gone from her face. Come on, Jang Sera was tough, how can she melt like this? She heard a knock from outside and stopped whatever she did. “You don’t have to hide Sera!”

She growled, “I’m not hiding. I’m changing my clothes.”

Sera felt stupid for telling him such a stupid excuse. He won’t believe it.

“Well, I still can enter right?” he said.

She immediately opened her closet and grabbed anything she found first. She wore her jeans and decided to not change her top. After she was sure her appearance was better, she opened the door. Only to smack Myungsoo on his head.

 

“You ert.” She muttered as she tried to tie up her hair.

Myungsoo winced in pain. ‘Geez, how can I fall for a violent lady?’

“Let’s go eat somewhere.” He said.

Sera shook his head. “Nah, I’m full.”

But Myungsoo didn’t ask for a no. It was a command in fact. Myungsoo slung his arm around her neck and gave her lips a peck, keeping her quiet with a sweet smile.

Sera found open in awe. She wanted to yell and wipe away what his mouth left on hers but she just stood there, hanging her dear life on him. Myungsoo brought her outside without a word. When she found herself already sitting on his car, Sera looked at him in disbelief.

 

“How can you make me weak like this?” she whispered.

 

Once the sentence was out from , she immediately regretting what she just said. She heard him let out a low chuckle – oh she won’t lie, it was very beautiful. But still, how many times did he have to make her embarrassed?

“I will take that as a compliment.” He started the engine with her still can’t control the butterfly in her stomach.

 


 

Are they dating?

To be honest, none of them could answer the question.

For Sera, his confession means a lot. No one dare to confess anything to her, except their hatred. But here was a new boy being her seatmate confessed that he loves her. It may sounds cliché but Sera won’t protest to hear that damn three words from his mouth again.

Myungsoo enjoyed what happened to his life. He drove his car with joy and felt like his eyes were clouded by rainbow. He knew very well that his confession affected her too much for her liking. He also knew Sera won’t reply his feeling with words, she will do the act instead as she did last night. That was all he need.

 

The sounds of his stomach growling broke the silent. Sera looked at him in disbelief, “after you took away my food and you’re still hungry?”

Myungsoo rolled his eyes. “Don’t nag too much, I only took a bite.”

 

“You’re such a pig.”

 

“I’m a pig but you still love me right?”

 

Sera felt the urge to punch his little face getting worse. She needs to slap his dirty smirk away from his mouth. Geez, it wasn’t yet a day but she already felt herself burning because of him.

She decided to slap his face away, earning a groan from him. She moved her attention to a black car beside them. Her eyes met the driver right beside her. It was all dark, she barely see anything inside. But his eyes were so tempting and dirty.

She didn’t realize she kept staring at him until he looked at her back. He studied her expression, somehow her heart was beating so fast. She was scared all of a sudden. Her hands were shaking, cold sweat seems visible on her neck.

The man smiled lovingly at her. She wanted to tell Myungsoo but she felt ripped. She squealed when his loving smile turned into a cunning smirk. She back off until her back touched Myungsoo’s hand.

 

“Hey, what happened?” Myungsoo asked.

Sera didn’t let any sound, she only stared at the black car until it turned left. She clutched herself to his arm, her gripped was strong until Myungsoo felt his shirt was torn.

Myungsoo stopped his car. “Are you okay?” he can’t hide his worry. His hand cupped her face and wiped away her cold sweats.

Sera cleared . “Y-yeah, I’m fine.”

He didn’t believe what she said. Of course, she looked so pale. Her gaze was empty, her face was cold as ice. It was like her life being chased after someone. She suddenly hugged him – tried to stay calm. But she still can’t forget what she just saw.

“What did you see, Sera?” Myungsoo kissed the top of her head.

Sera only shook her head, found herself unable to speak again. She hugged Myungsoo even tighter as she didn’t want to let him go. She let her guard down as tears streamed down on her face, leaving Myungsoo in confusion. He had no choice but to pat her back whispered, "I'm here, everything's going to be allright."

 

No. Her mind screamed.

I saw someone is dying. Someone I love is dying.

 


 

“Promise me, you’ll leave her alone.”

“Of course. As long as your blood running on my hands.”