No No

Cover Girl

 

 

Sera felt a bit relieved once she stepped on her apartment. She pulled out the gun she’ve been hiding from Dongwoon. She was glad Dongwoon didn’t smell anything weird from her behavior. She was undoubted nervous, but Dongwoon’s eyes were focused on the road all the time. He didn’t even take a single glance to her. She could tell Dongwoon had a lot of things in his mind, she just can’t tell what was that.

Her phone buzzed inside her jacket. Sera found a picture attached. Her eyes were glued at the sight – Hyunseung laying helplessly on the ground with blood all over his face. She almost lost her balance if she didn’t hold on to the sofa beside her. She was shaking, her fingers touched the picture as she tried to zoom in the picture. She was in denial first but realized it was really her brother she can’t help but dropped the phone from her hand.

Just as she tried to calm her breath, her phone ringed. She stumbled to pick it up. It was an unknown number. Sera caught her breath before she answered, “H-hello?”

 

“S-sera,” a deep voice called her name.

Once again, her breath was caught. “O-oppa?”

She heard him laughing at the other side. Was it funny for him?

“Oppa, where are you? The guys are looking for you. I-“ she bombed him with questions.

Hyunseung coughed – she became more anxious. “Are you okay?”

“Sera, listen to me okay? I will say this once.” He said.

Tears trickled on her cheek. She tried her best to not sob but she ended up failed. She hugged her knees on her chest. Stop crying you idiot, he’ll worry for you.

“Sera, don’t cry, please.” Hyunseung begged. “You know I hate it when you cry right? Please, stop crying. At least don’t cry for me.”

She wiped her tears and cleared . “Then stop make me cry you idiot.”

Ha, even when it turned like this I still blame him.

Hyunseung let out a sad chuckle. “I won’t from now. So please, stop crying and listen to me.”

Sera wasn’t ready. She was never ready. All his words stabbed her heart with no hesitation. She can’t feel her heart anymore, her bode fell numb, her stomach twisted. She didn’t dare to look at her reflection on the mirror – she looks broken.

 

“You know I love you right?” he began. Hyunseung took a deep breath before he continued. “I know all I gave to you was pain. You are free to think I’m failed as your brother.” He laughed.

Stop laughing, nothing is funny here. Just stop.

“I think….. you’ll be fine without me right?”

What? No! Stop talking, please. It hurts me.

“I will miss you though.” He laughed, again. “But what to miss about me? All I did was nothing but your life became miserable because of me.”

“Still, I’m happy. I expect you to smile after this. I rarely see it – maybe I don’t deserve it. Smile more Sera, the world needs your smile.”

"Are you going somewhere?" she asked, hesitantly.

"Yeah," he answered without any doubt.

“But you promised you won’t leave me.” She whispered.

Hyunseung was in silent for a moment. She didn’t wish him to talk – she didn’t want to hear it. She should close the call and pretend like nothing happen. She should just shout at him or ignore him for being like this. She shouldn’t being like this either. Crying was never her thing – but look at her now. She couldn’t tell if that was her eyes or a waterfall.

 

“Sera, promises are meant to be broken aren’t they?” he finally told her the reality she didn’t want to face.

 


 

“You done talking?”

Hyunseung looked up to the person who’ve been standing in front of him. He looked at him with hatred, but he replied him with none other than pity. Hyunseung spit the blood near his shoes and wiped his mouth. He smirked, tried to get up even thought his stomach hurts like hell.

“Now you can’t stop bothering her life.” He said, clutching his shirt. The pain was unbearable. He can’t feel his body anymore.

Jungmo laughed, mocking him as he grabbed the collar of his shirt. Hyunseung didn’t have any strength to push him away, he let Jungmo threw him to the ground as he winced in pain.

He spit more blood, “what are you doing?”

 

His eyes widened when Jungmo picked up his phone and dialed a number. “N-no! Stop!” he screamed. He tried to reach him but his men was holding him. His heart pounded faster when he put the call on speaker so he can hear the voice perfectly.

“Hyunseung! Tell-“

“Hello sweet heart.” Jungmo greeted.

“Kim Jungmo stop this.” Hyunseung hissed. But Jungmon turned his back immediately.

“I guess you are searching for your brother aren’t you?” Jungmo continued. He stared at Hyunseung meaningfully. His smirk grew wilder as he saw how desperate Hyunseung was.

“No, stop it. I beg you.” Hyunseung whispered.

“As you expected I’m with him now. If you want to see him, be my guest. I will text you right away.” Jungmon stood before him. “You better get hurry, I’m scared you can’t see him if you’re late.”

“No! Sera don’t come here. Don’t listen to him. Please, don’t come!” he shouted, earning a kick on his stomach from Jungmo.

Sera was in panic after she heard Hyunseung in pain. “Oppa!”

“I’m waiting for you, Sera. You better don’t disappoint me.”

“You bastard, don’t you dare to lay your filthy hands on him.” She threatened.

Jungmo laughed, louder. “How cute. Your brother said the same thing when we first met.”

With that he threw the phone away as its landed near Hyunseung’s feet. Jungmo walked to him and grabbed his hair. He coughed again, “I said don’t touch her you idiot.”

“Pardon me but it’s so funny to play with you guys.” He mocked him.

“Take care of him for me. Do anything you want.” Jungmoo stood up as he said to his men. He was ready to leave before Hyunseung put all his last strength to punch him on his face.

“We had a deal. You got me and you won’t bother her anymore you son of a-“

Hyunseung didn’t get to finish his words. Jungmo threw his limp body towards his men as they were holding him again. He cleaned the blood from his mouth, “you better behave well if you don’t want to bring her any trouble because I won’t think twice to hurt her.”

Jungmo ignored his scream as he closed the door behind. He picked his phone from his pocket, ready to text his address. A smile seems visible on his lips after he finished typing and touched the send button. He definitely can’t wait her arrival to his mansion.

 

She was beautiful indeed. Sera always been nothing but a beautiful doll to him. Too bad he found out that Hyunseung was her step brother. His world couldn’t get any better when he learned he can use Sera as Hyunseung’s weakness. He knew he screwed Hyunseung when he willingly came to him after he told him his men will harm Sera. His dream was near, he can feel it. He never thought his dream will be this easy.

 


 

Hu im shivering TT