Favor

Cover Girl

Happy New Year everyone! Lol I know I'm a bit late but may this year always bring you happiness and joy^^

Thank you for all support you guys gave in the previous years. I'm going to work harder this year to make a better story you guys will enjoy.

<3<3<3<3<3<3

 


 

 

“Hello, Kim Myungsoo. Mind to get some coffee?”

His eyes widened as soon as he stood up in front of him. The man gave him the best smile of him – but that’s only created the awkwardness around them. Myungsoo cleared his throat before gave him a nod. The man let out a small chuckle before patting his shoulder. “May I know what are you doing here?”

“I’m visiting a friend, Jaejoong-ssi,” he answered – which he realized his answer make him look stupid.

Jaejoong raised his eyebrow, “Friend, eh?”

And Myungsoo only can nod at his suspicious question. His eyes screams “friend-my-” but he couldn’t careless. Jaejoong must already know that Sera’s living here.

“Then what are you doing here?” he asked back.

Jaejoong looked at his branded watch and sighed, “I’m waiting a friend, Myungsoo-ssi.”

Knowing that this man is making fun of him, Myungsoo only let an awkward smile. “I gotta go. It’s nice to meet you here,”

Hearing how half-heartedly he sounds, Jaejoong could only nodded, “Tell Howon I say hi.”

“I will,” he said as he stormed out to the parking lot. But before he even reach the front door, Jaejoong’s voice stopped him.

 

“Oh, nice to see you here, Hyunseung!”

 

His body went cold all of sudden. Myungsoo didn’t dare look back as he can feel Hyungseung’s stare burning on his back. He can see how dark his aura from the mirror door in front of him. Jaejoong – who seems didn’t realize the situation blurted, “I just met a friend of your sister here, he-“

“Kim Myungsoo, can we have a talk?” he asked – more like he demanded.

Myungsoo slowly turned his body to him. He cursed Jaejoong under his breath for ruining his escape plan from Jang Hyunseung or he can say his crush’s half-brother by keep blurting, “Oh you’re still here!”

“Uh I –“ he stuttered at his words. He feel nervous and goosebumps as he keep staring on the floor. Hyunseung already walked past Jaejoong and now, he’s standing right in front of him. “There’s a nice café not far from here. Let’s grab some coffee, shall we?”

“Oh yeah! It’s good for you guys to get to know each other. I mean, Jang Hyunseung you should rest for a while and Kim Myungsoo-ssi, it’s not a bad thing to meet new people right?”

Myungsoo swear he can see Jaejoong’s smirk behind those smile. He only nodded awkwardly – didn’t know what else to do.

“Then, I’m going upstairs. Enjoy your time together,” Jaejoong left after he gave them a wink.

Remind me to put a bullet inside his skull next time.

“Let’s go,” Hyunseung's voice brought him back to reality. Myungsoo didn’t have any choice but follow him to the café in beside the building.

 

 

 

The white coffee he ordered feel hot in his hands but warmed him at the same time. Myungsoo sipped a bit before he heard Hyunseung asked, “Are you close with Sera?”

Wow this guy is so to the point.

“Hmm yeah – well – kind of? I mean, I’m her seatmate,” he stuttered.  And we just had a runaway trip together last night. We’re ‘that’ close.

“Its nice then,”

Myungsoo shocked at his answer. Just that? No throwing stuff or cursing his life because he put his nose on his sister’s business?

“Pardon?”

Hyunseung sighed before he enjoyed his black coffee. “Sera never had any friend before. I’m glad she started to make one.”

Myungsoo smirked at his words. “Yeah,”

 

What a kind of friend she is when all thing she done to me is planning her murder on me. How nice.

 

“Sera never invited anyone to her apartment. Even its hard for me to visit her,” Hyunseung continued.

“Well, I never entered her apartment if that what makes you worried,” Myungsoo choosing the right word.

You should worry about how I started to get addicted to your sister.

Hyunseung chuckled at him, “What about her smoking habit? Does she have any thought to quit?”

 

He widened his eyes. His mind wandered at last night even where she lit up her ‘bestfriend’ in front of him and he didn’t try to stop her. Thought to quit? It’s not an easy thing for Jang Sera.

“From your reaction I can tell that she doesn’t have any thought of it.”

Myungsoo rubbed his hand awkwardly. What should he answer then? He can’t just blurted “Oh yeah don’t you also know she’ve been bestfriend with cigar because of you?” Hah, Myungsoo knows better if he still want to breath freely. It’s Jang Hyunseung for god sake. Just like his sister he looks scary – that’s explained why people around them looked at their seat weirdly – and that stare who tell him to shut up immediately give him chills.

“What about you then? Why don’t you stop her by yourself?”

Hyunseung looked surprised at his question. He slowly rubbed his temple as he can sense the atmosphere became more awkward. Its funny how Myungsoo seems so scared of him while all things he’ve been heard about Kim Myungsoo that he’s a cold-ruthless-boy. Now, where’s that thing again?

 

“Sera isn’t the type who will listen to people. Not me, not Jaejoong,” he said.

“Or maybe she will listen to you,” he continued.

Myungsoo looked at him, a bit in disbelief. He let out an awkward laugh – he must misheard something. Jang Sera will listen to him? Not in million years.

“You know that your sister is the most stubborn girl in this world right?” he asked.

Hyunseung smirked, “You know her very well then,”

“That’s not what I mean okay? I mean Hyunseung-ssi, as her brother aren’t you suppose to do it? Not me who just came to her world not long ago?” Myungsoo blurted.

He can see how Hyunseung clenched his teeth but calm down in next second. He heavily sighed as he slumped in his seat. “I don’t mean to be rude, but I think Sera needs you more than she needs me,”

Hyungseung chuckled at his words – he was taken a bit by his act. Isn’t he suppose to get angry for being sassy at him? But that’s what he saw every time he’s talking to Sera. The girl needs someone beside her, and that person should be Hyunseung. Even though their past was hard, making up isn’t impossible isn’t it?

 

“Well now, where’s the lie?” he asked.

“W-what?”

He chuckled again, “Where’s the lie, Kim Myungsoo?”

He’s a bit bewildered, “Lie?”

This time, Myungsoo can hear soft laugh coming from Hyunseung’s mouth. He smirked at him as he looked into his eyes sharply. 

“The lie is in you, Kim Myungsoo.”

That leaving hundred questions in his mind. His tongue tied, hee wanted to say something but ended up choked in his throat. He drifted his view to his glass on the table and awkwardly grabbed it.

“You want yourself to be the one beside her, aren’t you?”

Hyunseung’s question caught his breath. He almost spill his drink before trying to calm himself. “I don’t-”

“Either Jaejoong or Sera herself told you about what I do for living, which means my job doesn’t let me to be around her every second. And there’s you, a guy who came from nowhere not long ago, being her seatmate. Am I wrong?”

Myungsoo still being quiet until Hyunseung continued,

“So stop lying to yourself. Sera really hate it when people lie to her,” he ended with a bitter smile.

 

The saturate atmosphere surrounded them again. Both of them are deep in their thoughts. Suddenly, Myungsoo didn’t have appetite to finish his drink anymore. He looked up Hyunseung who seems in the same thought as him. He put his glass down and rubbed his temple. The scene of last night is still fresh in his memory. He remember everything what she told him – her early life including her brother and how she ended up being like this towards the only family she has.

 

“It’s hard right?” Hyunseung blurted – and Myungsoo unconsciously nodded.

 

What both of you need is only sitting together and talk comfortably about what each of you feels and find the way to solve it. Done.

 

“Even if I talk to her, she won’t listen to me anyway,” Hyunseung said.

 

I swear this guy must have read my mind.

 

“What makes you think she will listen to me?” he asked curiously.

Hyunseung smiled at him. “I knew her since she was still in diaper. If she doesn’t want to listen to you, she won’t let you to drove her home.”

Myungsoo let out a small laugh – finally relaxed. “Yeah, well said.”

“Can I ask you a favor, Myungsoo-ssi?” he asked. The atmosphere went back as his eyes screams how serious he is.

“What favor?”

 

“Please stay with her,” he said without any hesitation.

That left Myungsoo in shock. “W-what?”

“I know I can’t stay with her when she needs me. So I beg you, please be there when she needs someone beside her. Even when she just want to be alone, keep watching her. Sometimes she cause trouble but I believe her she never mean to do it.” He  explained.

“Can you promise me this?”

Myungsoo startled at his sudden request. Sure he wanted to be there whenever Sera needs him, but what about her? Even if they’re in the same room, all she want to do is to get away from him. Basically, its never easy to make Jang Sera stay.

“Ah, I think I ask too much. I-“

“You can trust me.”

Hyunseung fall silent at  his answer – let alone Myungsoo himself. But he feel confidence to do his favor. Even though it won’t be easy buy he willing to do anything if that means he can get closer to her.

Well, lets just say he’s insane enough to accept this.

 

“You can trust me. I will stay beside her.” He convinced him. “Just say that I have to do this because I love to annoy your sister so much.”

Hyunseung sighed but chuckled in the end. He drank his last drip of black coffee and stared at him, “I’m glad then,”

“But still,” Myungsoo continued. “She also needs you. So, please be there too.”

Myungsoo gave him his best smile before also drank his drink completely. He saw how Hyunseung replied his smile warmly – to less the awkwardness around them. He spoke once before he prepared to leave.

“Don’t worry, I will.”

 

 

 

Monday is never a good day for everyone – including Sera. She walked to her school lazily as she slung her bag in one shoulder. The road around her is already full with student. She wanted to shout how loud they are but choose to be quiet as she doesn’t want to ruin this morning anymore. She took out her phone from her bag and opened the inbox. There were messages from Hyunseung as usual. Then her eyes drifted to the next message. She expected a message from one certain person but got nothing. Just when she wanted to open Hyunseung’s message, some just had to bump her and make her phone fall from her hand.

“What are you still doing here?” the voice asked.

Sera looked at the owner of the annoying voice she heard. She tried to pick her phone back but she kicked it away. “I’m asking you, .”

Sera smirked at her. “If I’m a , then you’re what, Kim Kim Yura? A ?”

“You ungrateful-“ she tried to slap her but Sera caught her hand just in time and gripped it. Yura let out a grunt. “Yah! What are you doing? Let me go!”

“Now, where’s your little minions again?” she mocked at her.

“I said let me go, you ungrateful .” Yure hissed as she winced in pain.

Sera begin to lost her temper. Her grip tightened, almost breaking her skin. “ Are they leaving you just like your father?” Sera add cruelly.

Yura looked at her in disbelief. A single tear went down to her cheek as Sera didn’t stop smirking at her. Her body’s shaking until Sera let go of her wrist. She can’t see Sera clearly because the tears who ready to come out from her eyes.

 

 “Of course I dare. If I see you in my way again, I will make sure you pay for it.” Sera walked to where her phone is. She checked her phone and find a little scratch on its screen. Before she get to turn it on a hand grabbed a fistful of her hair, make her screamed in jolt.

“DON’T EVER SAY ABOUT MY FATHER AGAIN!”

She tried to let go but Yura’s grip was too strong as she feel her head is burning. Yura suddenly let go of her. Before Sera gain her conscious, Yura already had a rock on her hand, ready to throw it.

“Yah yah, what the hell is going on here?”

Sera looked up and found Myungsoo’s hand on her wrist and took the rock away. “What are you guys watching? Go!” Sunggyu shooed the other student.

“I thought you won’t go this far,” he muttered.

“O-oppa, but she-“ Yura tried to explain.

“She started it? Do you have another lie?” Myungsoo smirked. “As long as I know, Sera won’t bother you if you don’t provoke her.”

 

He let go of her hand and go to pick Sera’s phone from the ground. The scratch became more severe from before. He looked at how messy Sera’s hair was and gave Sera her phone. She glared at him in disbelief. Without picking her phone, she stormed away from him before stared at the guys to tell them “-off-from-my-business”

“Hah, that girl is really something.” Myungsoo said under his breath. He followed her afterward – to prevent her from another trouble.

“Hyung, let’s just go,” Woohyun said, tugged on Sunggyu’s shirt.

“You guys go first. I will see you in class.” Sunggyun replied firmly. Hearing how serious he sound, the kids immediately walked away from the scene.

 

Sunggyu walked to pick Yura’s bag on the ground and gave it to her. The girl looked messy as well, there was a red mark around her wrist because the fight earlier. He sighed and tried to touch her wrist. But Yura moved away from him – didn’t let him to touch her.

“Stop causing trouble, will you?” he said. “Your mom wanted you to go to school so you can learn, not to fight or being a .”

Yura still didn’t dare to look him. She keep her head down to avois his stare and clenched her fist.

“This is so frustrating,” Sunggyu get a grip from her shoulder to make her look at him. “Yah Kim Yura-“

 

“Then what I suppose to do?” Yura sobbed. Sunggyu fell silent after looking at her tears. “She said something about my father. Do you expect me to stand still?”

Sunggyu feel guilty at her words. “But that doesn’t mean you can –“

Yura pushed him, “you don’t understand, do you? You never know how it feels when everyone leaves you!”

“Look, I don’t mean to hurt your feeling more-“

“Well, oppa already did it.” Yura swiped away her tears and looked at him coldly. “I already told mother that I don’t want you to be in the same school as mine but she insisted. Now look what have you done,”

Yura grabbed her bag from his hand and ran, leaving Sunggyu in a cold silent. He sighed as he walked towards the school once he heard the bell ringing. Those tears will haunt him forever. Was he too cruel at her? But he just wanted her to stay away from problem – just like what her mother wished.

‘I’m sorry, Yura. Oppa have failed as your brother.’

 

 


 

Expecting this, anyone?

Sera isn't the only one who had that kind of past.