The Lake

Cover Girl

 

 

 

‘Why the hell I agreed to go home at this time.’

 

She keep cursing herself for making a bad decision: to agreed on Hyunseung condition. Because of it, now she walking like a zombie towards the airport with her luggage on her left hand. She groaned for the nth times that night. ‘For god sake, it’s 2 AM in the morning!’

Hyunseung just told her this morning that they have to go back to Seoul today and he already booked the early morning ticket because unfortunately he has another business to attend. ‘This why I hate drugs so much.’ Well she didn’t hate Hyunseung more than before, didn’t she?

 

She felt a cold thing on her cheek and that make her jolted up in surprise. She glanced at Dongwoon, who secretly touched the ice cappuchino – she thought – on her cheek to wake her up. “Good morning, Sera baby!”

She rolled her eyes on him. ‘Good morning my .’

He chuckled at her reaction. “I bought your favorite cappuchino!” he beamed happily. “Don’t worry, Sera. You’re not alone, I’m sleepy as hell. Damned that deal for making me working at this hour.”

Sera gulped the cold cappuchino until she felt the nausea on her stomach. She didn’t eat her dinner because she was too busy packing her things. Well, damned that ‘deal’ for making her look like .

 

“That’s one cute necklace.” Dongwoon pointed her chest. “Did hyung bought you that?”

 

She looked down at her Minnie Mouse necklace. She admitted that she hates this but what can’t she do when Hyunseung caught her staring at this Minnie necklace and finally bought it for her and of course – the Mickey for himself. How cute her half-brother was.

“I’m so jealous. Hyung never give me anything.” He whined. “The only thing he gave was a half melted chocolate on my last birthday.”

Sera smirked at him. “Poor you.”

Dongwoon rolled her eyes. He gulped his beer and throw it into the nearest bin. “You’re so lucky to have him as your brother. Well, step-brother to be exact.” He blurted.

Sera stayed quiet for a while. ‘Am I lucky?’ She didn’t know how to respond him. Does she have to feel lucky? Just because she has Hyunseung as her half-brother, doesn’t mean she is lucky.

 

“Just because hyung works as drug dealer, doesn’t mean he is bad.” Damn Son Dongwoon, she must be looked like an open book now because he can read her mind easilly.

 

Then he chuckled. “Look at me, I may be a dealer but none of us ever use drugs. Plus, I never drink when I was 18. That means I’m not a bad person.”

She knew he tried to annoy her and she’s not Jang Sera if she didn’t annoy Son Dongwoon back.

“I’m sorry but I never sleep with anyone when I’m 18.”

Sera wanted to laugh out loud when she saw how devasted he was. His eyes widened – that means she just hit the right spot. If Dongwoon knows a lot about her, it means Sera knows everything about him. She walking faster to check-in, leaving him behind with his already opened mouth.

 

“Y-yah how did you know that?” he shouted behind her. But she pretending not to hear him. Sera heard his scream again after she passed the security check. “Jang Sera!”

 

 


 

 

“So you won’t go home with us today?” Woohyun asked him as they walked out from Hanwoo.

 

Today class just finished earlier than before so he decided to take some walk. He needs to refresh himself and clear his mind.

“No, you go first. Tell Sunggyu hyung I say hi.” He said as he walked to his car after talking to his friends. He supposed to come to Sunggyu’s house as he just got back from Japan this morning. He changed his mind because Sunggyu texted him this morning, told him something that enlighten his mood after these past days.

‘I think I’m in the same plane with Sera. You better visit her today.’ – Kim Sunggyu.

 

 

 

“Yah, aren’t you supposed to be at school right now?”

He stopped his movement right after the voice finished talking. He can’t hide his smile when he realized the owner of the voice. His heart pounding so fast until he can’t hear her steps when she already standing behind him.

“I thought you won’t come.” That’s the only thing he can say. ‘I thought you won’t see me this fast.’

She rolled her eyes – her habit when she get annoyed by something – he loves it when she do that.

“I have life too here.” She said shortly.

 

He immediately pulled her for a hug. He can feel how her body tensed under his touch. He bet she’s wondering why he did this. He missed her so ing much until the point he can’t stop breathing her scent. She’s so petite but pretty tall for girls around her age. The jasmine scent of her shampoo make his mind go crazy.

“I miss you so much.”

 

 

Sera can’t expect more when he immediately hugged her. She inhaling his scent for a while – the masculine scent of him that she missed so much. She didn’t care how people started to stare at them – even if tomorrow she and him will be the hottest talk at school. Her heart beating so fast with butterflies flying in her stomach. She really do miss him.

When he tried to pull away, she immediately hugged him back. She slung her arms around his neck as she didn’t stop inhaling his scent. She can feel Myungsoo formed a smile on the top of her head.

He doesn’t need any word when he knew from her action she missed him too.

 

“I have to breath, Jang Sera.” He chuckled.

 

Sera tried to hide her red cheek. But Myungsoo’s smile melt her the second she looked at his face directly. She missed his smile, even when she think it’s annoying as hell.

“You supposed to study you . What are you doing here?” she tried to act normal. Hah, she is never normal when it comes to Kim Myungsoo.

 

“Class ended earlier. What are you doing here anyway?” he asked her back while pointing at her plastic bag.

“I bought some stuff.” She answered shortly. He looked amused. “Cigar and beer?”

Sera rolled her eyes as she put the plastic bag in front of his face. “It’s bread and milk. See with your own eyes.”

“Well I think I have to go back again because I forget to buy cigarette and beer. Thank you for remind me.” She pretending to turn her back and leave him. But Myungsoo caught her arm faster. He hates the idea of her smoking and drinking.

 

“Let’s go somewhere.” He said – more like he demanded.

She raised a brow. “What?”

“I want to show you something. It’s your fault since you left me alone for 5 days.” He pouted.

She smacked his mouth with her finger. “Don’t pout, it doesn’t suit you.”

He smiled cutely at her. “Well, my fans loves it.”

She can’t help but cringed at him. “I’m not your fans.”

‘Of course, you’re more than just a fan to me.’

 

 

“Fine, since I’m bored as hell.” She agreed as she entered his car first.

Myungsoo immediately run to the driver seat and the car. He can feel that today would turn out much better than his expectation. He knew he will–

 

“I don’t think I’ll be home early today.” She said on the phone. “Yeah I will, Hyunseung.”

She hung up the call while she realized Myungsoo have been watching her with his intense gaze. Sera had forgotten that she wasn’t in her own car. She was in his car, and she knew he wanted some explanation.

“Is that your brothert?” he blurted.

Her eyes rounded when he asked that kind of question. No one knows – or can’t know anything about her relationship with Hyunseung. But here he was, shamelessly asking that very sensitive question.

She gulped before she answered, “No.”. There’s no point of lying to him because he might already knew Hyunseung is her half-brother. She just didn’t have the courage to tell him yet.

He didn’t want to ruined the mood so Myungsoo decided to let she lied to him. He remember Jaejoong told him about this Hyunseung guy as her half-brother. But why she didn’t want to admit that? ‘Seriously, I’ve heard that name before.’

“So where are we going?” she tried to talk with a new topic.

“Gyeonggi-do.” He replied.

Sera looked at him in disbelief. “Are you kidding me?”

Myungsoo keep focusing his gaze on the road. “I am not.”

She widened her eyes. “Kim Myungsoo its 100 and more kilometers from here!”

She swore she would break his neck if he showed that damn smirk when she’s angry with him.

“That’s why you can rest now. I bet you’re tired.” He stated calmly.

 

He heard how she keep cursing his name under her breath but he didn’t care. Sera can’t run from him right now (or maybe she wanted to jump out from his car but he knew she’s not that stupid). This Gyeonggi-do trip popped out in his mind right after Sunggyu told him she was back to Seoul today. She must be so tired then because it didn’t take long for her to fall asleep. They just spent an hour on his car – there’s still another one hour until they arrive at Gyeonggi-do.

 

 

 

They arrived 15 minutes before the sunset. Myungsoo stretched his back, driving all the way from Seoul was tiring as hell. But his tiresome vanished when he stared at her sleeping face. He can’t lie, she looks like an innocent girl when she sleep but she will become a bipolar once she awake. Maybe he wasn’t in his right mind when he found himself put aside her hair to look her face even closer. Their lips almost touched but he immediately took out his phone. He took a picture of her sleeping face and smiled. She must be really annoyed when she see this. He decided to wake her up after 5 minutes of staring at her beautiful face. He bet he can looking at her face all day long.

“Yah, wake up.” He touched her shoulder lightly.

Sera flinched under his touch. Her eyes slowly opened and greeted by his handsome face. She immediately stretched her face as she stared around her surrounding. “Where are we?”

Myungsoo shrugged as the answer. He instructed her to follow him outside. Sera just realized they were at a lake – a beautiful one. She started to follow Myungsoo who’ve been walking faster than her.

“Welcome to Paldangho Lake!” he beamed. “The sun will go down in 5 minutes. You have to see the sunset, it will be so pretty.”

 

Sera looked at the sun who begin to come down. ‘It’s really beautiful.’ She was so immersed with the view so she didn’t realize Myungsoo already took out his phone and shoot a picture of her. He silently smiled at the picture – her hair was a bit mess but her eyes focused on the beautiful sunset. She truly is a goddess. He can’t help but praising her eyes, her pointy nose, her long eyelashes, and not forget her thin lucious lips.

She’s so breathtaking.

 

 

“You know, this place is very special for me.” Myungsoo stated.

Sera looked at him, wanting him to continue his words. “I found this place when I was 10.”

She chuckled. “You were 10 and you already explore this place? Alone?”

He sighed. “Of course not. It was school trip.”

 

“But this place is like my heaven on earth, Sera. I never tell anyone about this.” He said. “A lot of people knows about Paldangho Lake, but not many people knows about this side of lake.”

She keep staring at the sun who has changed into the moon. She hugged herself, if she know he’ll bring her to this place, she would have wear a longer shorts. The cold air began to attack her.

Myungsoo continued, “Once I fought really bad with my dad. He wanted me to be the heir of his company but I refused. I love taking pictures, being a photographer is my goal. But he didn’t want to accept it.”

“So then I drove to this place and screamed as loud as I want. Nobody will see you, no one will judge you here.” He smiled bitterly. Sera still in her silent mode. “Not just you, Sera. I hate those judgement I got just because I’m a son of Kim Hyungman. People said I didn’t deserves to be the company’s heir because they said I can’t do anything. But they don’t even know me or my life.”

She gulped when he said that. ‘Why does he telling me this?’ Why don’t she punch the hell out of him for bringing her to this place at this time. But she just standing there, waiting for him to continue his story.

“I think we have a lot of things in common.” He said. “We both hate judgement. I mean who doesn’t? You got hate from people who barely can spell your name right.”

She only stared at him meaningfully. Sure she hates judgement, but she hates the kind of people like him – a super rich kid with nothing but only wasting their parents money. Or so she thought.

 

“If you thinking that I’m so rich and I can’t do anything but spending my parents’ wealth, well, I’m not blaming you thought.” He told her like he can read her mind. “But believe me, I’m not one of them. I can prove it to you.”

She sighed at him. “What’s the point of you telling me all of this?”

‘You supposed to hate me. I supposed to hate you, not listening to your story.’ She thought.

He rubbed the back of his neck nervously. “I just think you’re the right person I can share with – well besides Infinite of course.”

“You can trust me that easy? What if I share it to anyone else?” she asked.

Myungsoo smiled at him as he put aside her hair that covering her face. “I trust you Jang Sera.”

‘, don’t make my heart pounding fast again, please.’ She begged.

“I trust you even when if you says we’re not close enough. I trust you.” He said.

 

‘My heart trusts you.’

 

There was a big silent between them. Sera sitll can’t disgest what the hell just happened in her life. Just a few months ago this boy came to her class with his gang and being her seatmate since then. But now he trusted her? He must be joking.

“I’m not joking, Sera. My heart trusted you.” He explained.

She feel like her tongue tied when he said it. ‘My heart already trusted you.’ Is he trying to play with her? Because this is so cruel of him telling her he trusted her already – because she wanted to jump and hug him immediately.

 

 

“Sera,” he called her when she didn’t give him any word. He finally got her attention when she stared back at him.

“May I know who Hyunseung is?” he asked carefully.

As he expected, her eyes immediately rounded after hearing his name. Hyunsueng must be someone special for her.

He cleared his throat, “I just wan-“

 

“He is my half-brother.” She blurted.

Myunsoo widened his eyes at her answer. Jaejoong was telling him the truth. Jang Sera has a brother – half brother.

“I think Jaejoong already told you about him.” She said coldly.
He rubbed his hair. “Well, he only told me about him as your half-brother. Not much.”

She bitterly chuckled. “Remind me to shut his mouth next time.”

“Your eyes looked a bit like him actually,” he said lowly but she still can hear it. He didn’t lie, they have the same bitter eyes.

“We’re not..... in a really good terms, you can say.” She stated.

“That’s fine right because siblings does fight once a while.” He replied.

She let out a sad laugh. “Yeah yeah,”

 

 

“Sera, do you trust me?” he asked, his gaze pierced deeply on her eyes. She stared at him – not really sure if she should trust him or not. She thought deeply to answer this question. ‘Do I trust him?’ She has a big trust issue that she can’t forget. It made her who she is now. She really can’t trust someone easilly. But –

 

“I do.” She muttered. She must be crazy because of him.

“Then tell me.” He said firmly.

Sera looked at him sadly. She let out a long deep breath before she talked, “My past isn’t good.”

She’s sure Myungsoo is listening to her from his deep gaze. He wanted her to continue his story.

“My mom married his dad when he was a little. His biologic mom died after gave birth to him. Then years later I was born and they told me that Hyunseung is my older brother. I still remember how he used to play with me when we were a kid. I can’t believe that our sweet relationship can changed into the cold one just because one thing.”

 

 


 

I think this is the longest chapter I've ever wrote. Not edited yet so I'm sorry if you found a lot of grammar mistakes nor typos. 

Also I want to say thank you for those who subscribes and read my story. I love you guys! I can't update really soon since I got a lot of homeworks this time.

Thank you for your support and I hope you enjoying this story! Don't forget to comment below and subscribe!

 

Oh, anyone ready for Sera's past?