Final- Graduation

Shes My Black Pearl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You always get what you deserve in the the end, for those who say whats the point of trying when we are all going to die will never know what it feels like to succeed. They will never know what it feels like to work hard for something and have that satisfying feeling when you retrieve your goals.

It was the last time Hyemin put her school uniform on. She reflected back on her mirror fixing her tie, she looked at herself as she looked back at how she has grown into a woman wearing this uniform. She then smiled knowing how far she has come and how proud she was of herself. “I’d never thought we would never make it to this day,” Hyemin turned around to find her proud mother standing by the ledge of her door. “It’s going to be so sad to watch you grow, but also it is so exciting to see you move forth in your life,” Hyemin smiled as she walked to her mother giving her a hug. “I’m sorry, I’m sorry for being a little rat in the last 2 years,” her mother chuckled. 

 

“Oh you were worst then a rat,” together the mother and daughter laughed. Their relationship has also grown from what was once a screaming match to something more beautiful. “So Luhan told me he’s picking you up and you’ll be going to the graduation ceremony together?” Hyemin nodded, she wanted to go with her parents but there was pit stop Hyemin and Luhan wanted to stop at before graduating. As they say never forget the ones that brought the person you are today. “There’s someone we need to thank,” Hyemin explained.

Luhan and Hyemin ended up at a local juvenile hall, it was a scary place for Hyemin, a place she almost landed herself in. A place she spent a night in. “Hyemin!” Hyoyeon was glad to see Hyemin’s face in fornt of her. She quickly went to the glass screen, in the 2 months she has been serving her time in jail and no one has visited her, not even her court trail. Hyoyeon was sentences 20 years of Imprisionment for murder. 

 

Truth behind it, she didn’t mean to kill someone but what happen happened and now Hyoyeon got what she deserves. It was only time that was longing her time from jail. Spending her time in confined halls, Hyoyeon now has time to reflect about herself, she wishes she didn’t do the bad things she once did. She wished that she changed her self like the others did. Hyoyeon didn’t understand why she was so determine to not change? She already got hundreds of warning to change but still she ignored them. 

 

What is power? thats what Hyoyeon once loathed for, power and dictatorship but now that she lost it all she realize that it was all nothing. When she rang the group to help her out, she realize that no matter how rudly she treated them they still came for her comfort. They are what defines as ‘good friends’. No matter how much Hyoyeon has put them through, they always come back to help the girl out. “Hyemin what are you doing here?” since the night where Hyoyeon got arrested she hasen’t seen Hyemin since then, or anyone. 

 

Everyone has been so busy preparing for college, and now graduation is here Hyemin has finally got time to visit Hyoyeon. “How have you been?” Hyemin asked. Hyoyeon nodded, she was just happy that Hyemin was here to visit her. “How’s everyone?” the girl asked. “Everyone is doing well, today is graduation so everyone is excited,” the girl at the other end of the line nodded. Even though she she hasn’t seen the girl, but they have caught up through phone calls.

 

“I wish I am graduating,” the girl is almost brough to tears. “I wish I followed into your footsteps then I wouldn’t be here. I wouldn’t be threaten to be beaten everyday, I would be doing amazing things but then I forget that I’m nothing,” The last part of what hyoyeon said affected Hyemin dearly, she obviously wasn’t nothing when she exists. “You’re not nothing,” Hyemin ressured the girl feeling more and more sorry for her.


“I have gotten to enough trouble to know that I will get in trouble sooner or later. If I listened then I wouldn’t be in this position. I should be graduating with you guys,” now Hyoyeon was in tears. She knew though her tears can’t turn back time. She hated herself for letting herself go. “I am now locked up until I turn 37. You guys would have already gotten jobs, married with families. You and Luhan would be married with children,” she lightly joked. Hyemin just chuckled at Hyoyeon as she imagine what like would be like if Hyoyeon did change. How lovely she would be, how funnier life would be with Hyoyeon’s humor. “37? It’s never late to stop learning. I promise when you leave I will help you to get you life back, I promise to work hard just for you,” Hyoyeon smiled she wanted to embrace her friend, to show her love but the glass window in front of them stopped them to.

“I’m glad you changed your life around, you met someone that is helping you. I use to think that you are very lucky with Luhan, but truth is Luhan is very lucky to have you. Lee Hyemin you are a very good person, don’t let anyone change you like I did,” Hyemin was grateful with Hyoyeon’s kind words. “How’s Kai?” 

 

“He’s graduating within the top ten and is joining the police force,” Hyemin smiled. “Everyone in the group is sitting in the top 20 and lower,” 

 

“Tell him I’m especially sorry for using him. Do you think he would consider me in 20 years time?” Hyemin laughed. “Cross your fingers he doesn’t get married” Luhan came into the scene to tell Hyemin that it is time to leave. “Ahh Luhan, we were just talking about you,” Hyoyeon smiled as Luhan’s angelic face showed up. He sat next to Hyemin and gave a kiss on her temple, “About what now?” The two haven’t talked in ages, not since Hyoyeon threatened Luhan months ago. For his girlfriend’s sake, Luhan has learnt to accept Hyoyeon, who also attached a long apology letter to Luhan on one of the letters she was sending to Hyemin. “That you are lucky you found each other. You’re a great guy and I’m sorry for the cruel things I did to your friends, your girlfriend and you. You don’t deserve nothing but a great life because you have done nothing but good,” Hyoyeon expressed her sorriness. She’s in a state where she knows she did wrong and slowly is trying to patch things up the best she can.

She knows what happened can’t be taken back but serving her time in jail taught her that nothing can be taken back, you just have to start anew. Everyday is a new day. “Luhan can you make me a promise?” Luhan nodded as Hyoyeon continued to talk. “Can you look after Hyemin well, she deserves it and you have a treasure in your hands don’t ignore it. Hyemin is kinda like a black pearl, she has an ugly reputation and can be mean looking form the outside but in the inside she is the most beautiful human being ever. A black pearl is always defined dark and never is taken for what it is capable of. You need to show people that Hyemin is just as pretty as the other pearls,” 

 

Luhan nodded understanding Hyoyeon’s deep meaning, he understands that he may not have a white pearl but he has a beautiful black pearl. “I promise I will,” Hyoyeon smiled in relief. As someone who caused all these drama, she needed to put everything back in order. “Good, just as long as I’m there at your wedding day.”

“Even if we have to wait for 20 years, Hyoyeon will wait for you to be at our wedding. All of us will be waiting for you when you leave those gates.” Hyoyeon was brought to tears with Hyemin’s loyalty to her and Luhan’s words. The fact that she has done so many nasty things to him, he still chooses to be friend her.

It was as if the boy had magic, it’s like he knows how to change people, the right thing to say. He changed the other’s lives and now Hyoyeon's too. “Thank you Luhan,” Luhan just nodded knowing he will always be there for the girl, and so will Hyemin and the others. Standing up for Hyoyeon, their friend.

“I don’t want to leave you yet but Luhan is doing the graduation speech so he needs to be there early,” Hyoyeon was sad that they had to leave but at the same time excited to see then next when they are holding their graduation cer

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter