Jealous

Shes My Black Pearl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 18

 

Hyemin felt a change in her, today was a day where she felt there was a new life ahead of her, and she finally knows what Luhan has been on about all alone. Today Luhan was a real help for Hyemin, other than taking her to a university library which inspired Hyemin to invest in her future which Luhan helped her with. Luhan also stayed up all night with Hyemin filling out college applications. It wasn’t until 12am when they finish applying to 6 different colleges and lay on their bed to sleep.


Now Hyemin was blankly staring into the celling of her room thinking about everything. Hyemin was thinking about a lot, for the first time in years she is starting to feel good about herself again. Hyemin couldn’t bring herself to sleep; she was just too happy that she finally has her life sorted. The many times where he has told her parents and others that she didn’t care about her future, Hyemin was lying. The truth is, she always wanted a good future and going to college but at the same time she was losing interest in school. “Luhan” Hyemin whispered from her bed. Yes Luhan was still staying on the mattress saved in Hyemin’s room.

“Mmmm” Luhan mumbled with a deep voice finding Hyemin attractive by it. Hyemin just chuckled in response, “Luhan, thank you” Hyemin whispered back knowing that Luhan is half asleep half awake. It took a while for Luhan to respond as Hyemin could hear him changing positions in his mattress. “For?” Luhan finally asked with his husky tired voice. It has been a long day for him, from finishing his assignment in the library to helping Hyemin out with her application papers, leaving this the only time to rest his smart brain.

“For helping, you know Luhan you have always been my best friend, you cared for me from the first day I met you. Luhan I never got to tell you this but you mean so much to me back then so when you left I had no one, for six months I cried and cried wanting you to come back. I ate my lunch in bathroom stalls because you were gone and I had no one to hang out with. Like you told me before you left, to make friends but I just couldn’t society never accepted me before you left and even more after you left. It wasn’t until last year where I met a group of people who invited me to sit with them one lunch time. They made me their servant for the first six months I hanged out with them but I didn’t care because at least I have a group to sit with. Little did I know being their little slave was just a test to see if I was cut out for the group, and luckily they liked me and accepted me into the group. The same group I hang out now is the same group I am talking about, yes the loser who don’t give a dam” Hyemin chuckled before continuing with her story to Luhan.

“Luhan, I only joined their group and agreed to do the things they were doing because they made me feel accepted. They cared for me unlike the others and even though it wasn’t my style to drink or smoke I still manage to adapt to it. I admit I changed a lot its only because the rest didn’t like me for who I was, a dork. I admit I had to change to be part of the group I am in now but I only changed my confidence and they way to speak out to people, now I’m not really afraid of anyone… well except for Hyoyeon. That’s why I hate the rest of society because they never accepted me for who I am, unlike my friend who still accept I am a dork, well everyone but Hyoyeon. Anyways you may be confused why I treat everyone like nothing, including my parents? Well it’s because they don’t have any trust in me, they see me as a failure or the nerd I was I the past. That’s why I only treat you and my friends nicely because you all have faith in me and loves me for who I am, so thankyou Luhan, I owe you a lot. Thankyou wasting your time on me and making me believe I have faith in myself because look at me now, I’m going to college next year” Hyemin chuckled again.

She didn’t speaking bringing an end to her story waiting for Luhan for a response. There was none from Luhan, after a few minutes a simple faint of snoring Hyemin could hear from Luhan’s mattress. “Aissh you were asleep!” Hyemin sat up from her bed and went down to Luhan’s mattress to see if he was sleeping. She laid on her stomach and shined the light on her phone on Luhan’s face which she was a few centimetres from. “Thank you Lulu oppa” Hyemin whispered cutely, “I don’t mean to be a stalker but you sleep so peacefully but anyways oppa, now that you helped me with colleges I can’t thank you enough because if it wasn’t for you I wouldn’t have the confidence to do it myself.  So thank you again” Hyemin whispered as she played with Luhan’s fringe before giving a friendly kiss on his cheek and returning to his bed. Hyemin never really kissed Luhan only because she feels embarrass to but Hyemin was to happy that she just had to.

The next morning Luhan woke up by his alarm to an empty bed above him, Hyemin was gone. This was weird, for the month he has stayed in the Lee household he would always be the first one up, sometimes he was the one who would drag Hyemin out of bed. But this time it was different, Luhan ran downstairs thinking Hyemin must have ran away last night but instead he found her making lunches in the kitchen. “What is this? It’s a Monday morning and you’re up? Has the world turned upside down?” Luhan joked.

“Ya! I’m making you lunch but if you’re going to insult me then I’m not going to bother” Hyemin poked out her tongue but continued to make Luhan’s sand which anyway, “Why are you making me lunch?” Luhan chuckled taking a seat in front of Hyemin on the kitchen table stool.

“You don’t want to make me lunch?” Hyemin pouted as she stopped what she was doing. Luhan waved his hands, “No no! Keep going, I was just wondering why because you never make me lunch”.

With Luhan’s orders Hyemin continued again, she was about to answer Luhan’s question but her mother interrupted her by coming. “Good morning Luh- Hyemin! What is this?” Hyemin’s mother yelled at the early morning seeing the mess Hyemin made on the kitchen table. “She’s making lunch for the two of us Mrs Lee”, Luhan spoke for Hyemin who wasn’t planning to say anything just to annoy her mother.

“Why?” Mrs Lee looked at Hyemin a bit suspicious.  Hyemin looked up to see her mother’s rude glares at her and automatically got offended by it but hid it with glare.  “I’m making lunch for Luhan to thank him for yesterday and since I’m here I might as well as make mine” Hyemin explained not lifting her head from the sand which she was making. “What did you do Luhan?” Mrs Lee shot at Luhan wanting to know what the boy did to make her daughter do something for someone. It was a miracle for Mrs Lee to see her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter