Fast Improvements

Shes My Black Pearl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 17
 


“Mrs Lee I’ll be going to Seoul National University today, I will be home before dinner” Luhan entered the kitchen with a bright aura. Mrs Lee making lunch was confused at Luhan’s farewell notice. “Luhan why would you go there, you don’t even go to University?”

“Actually my friend at school, brother goes to SNU. I asked for his brother pass to take use of the library. I heard the library is big and I think I can take advantage of the resources in that library” Luhan brightly smiled, Mrs Lee face lighten upon hearing this. “Luhan that is amazing! You attitudes towards study is amazing! Only if Hyemin was like you, maybe you can influence her to join you one day if you’re going to make this a regular visit”. Luhan open his mouth about to correct Mrs Lee, but Mrs Lee spoke up again. “You know what take some coin for the bus and lunch” Mrs Lee pointed to the bowl of lose coins the Lee family keeps as a display on a display table nearby.

Luhan waved his hands in the air showing he doesn’t want to take money from the Lee’s. Last time Luhan was in Korea three years ago the bowl was half full and Luhan knows for sure that the Lee family hardly touches it. It’s like a display they use in the house and that is why Luhan feels bad for taking some coins. Little did he know Hyemin has been taking money out of the bowl to help her pay for her smokes, but nobody knows as Hyemin’s parents would add coins randomly without noticing they aren’t really adding anything when Hyemin continued to take the money.

As much as Luhan felt bad Luhan had to take coins because he only has money on his card which the bus does not accept. Luhan walked to the display table behind him and picked up some coins, at the same time a dressed up Hyemin runs in the kitchen and to the fridge to grab a water bottle. Hyemin placed the water bottle in her side back and tried to leave the room but unsuccessfully didn’t when her mother called her back.

“Lee Hyemin, where are you going?” Mrs Lee’s expression turned from the bright smile Luhan gave her an irritated one. She gave Hyemin a stern look wanting an answer but Hyemin brushed it off give her an ‘I don’t care’ look. “I’m going to Seoul National University” said expressionless to her mother. There was still some left tension from the other night when Hyemin came back from jail, it was as if her mother could still not get over her daughter going to jail. The daughter she was once proud of, who got all A’s and was in the top 3 in all her classes. Now Hyemin didn’t bother with school let alone showing up, Mrs Lee doesn’t know what to do with her daughter anymore as she has gone out of control.

Mrs Lee thought her daughter was joking, “Very funny Hyemin, you’re not going anywhere, you just came out of jail” Hyemin’s mother raised her voice a bit, she seems to do that a lot when mentioning about Hyemin in jail. Hyemin gave her an unbelievable look, she couldn’t believe her mother is doing this, Hyemin was about to speak but Luhan came from behind and interrupt her.

“Actually..” Luhan stepped in the mother daughter, “I invited her to come study with me” Luhan stood next to Hyemin after getting enough coins for him and Hyemin. Mrs lee was surprise but she liked the idea either way. Hyemin’s mothers smile re her face knowing that Hyemin is going to study instead of hanging out and causing trouble.

“Oh there you are!” Hyemin beamed not seeing Luhan before as he was standing behind Hyemin listening to their conversation at the same time gathering some coins. She tuned back to her mother showing her that she is telling the truth, “It’s sad that you don’t even trust your own daughter, its nice to know you trust someone who is not your son” Hyemin blurted out taking Luhan by the wrist and taking off with him.

The two friends walked to the bus stop to catch a bus to the university, “Back there, you were a bit mean to your mother” Luhan spoke up to Hyemin. Hyemin rolled her eyes in response, “She’s so annoying” Hyemin awed in disgust.  The boy gave her a serious look not believing the things coming out of Hyemin’s mouth. “Please spare me the talk Luhan, you saw before she doesn’t trust me, she treats me as if I’m the world’s most dangerous criminal!” Hyemin complained.

“Then give her something to trust, you said you want to change, when she sees you have made some improvement then she will have a little faith in you” Luhan explained as Hyemin looked the other direction not really listening to Luhan’s lecture. “Whatever”, Hyemin cut Luhan off thinking he was done with his speech. Hyemin rummaged through her bag looking for thing and when she found it, she placed it in , it was a smoke.

“Hyemin” Luhan yelled and stopped walking and took the smoke out of Hyemin’s mouth. He threw it on the ground and stepped on it to burn it off. “Do you know the effects of smoking? It can give you cancer!” Luhan yelled lecturing Hyemin again. Hyemin thought it was going to be a fun day but Luhan’s lecturing isn’t really her ideal day but Luhan’s lecturing is not really interesting Hyemin.

“Wahhhhhh you just cost me a smoke!” Hyemin cried, “Look you said you’ll help me to keep myself from jail but how does smoking will help me?” Hyemin asked with attitude as she’s getting sick of Luhan. “Well smoking gives you bad breath, it gives you cancer and a shorter life span. If you stop now you don’t have to face addiction in the future. Also you don’t see good people smoking, don’t you? Smoking will attract other smokers who may be a bad influence and get you into jail, so yes smoking is seen as a bad thing” Luhan explained.

“Come on you can’t make me start straight away!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter