Sports Day

Shes My Black Pearl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 24

 

"Where were you?" Hyemin grew to panic when she couldn't find Luhan sleeping on the mattress below her bed. Luhan entered the kitchen to a worried Hyemin eating her breakfast on the kitchen bench. It's been a week since Hyemin stopped smoking and so far she is doing amazing and slowly, she is changing. Lay and Yoona have been supporting their friend, as for the rest of the gang. The rest think Hyemin will come back to smoking soon enough. The mid night cravings and symptoms of stress after withdrawing from smoking was still in Hyemin. However, day by day Hyemin has been changing for the better. Everything is starting to turn out well for Hyemin as she has become a much healthier person with the help of Luhan.

Hyemin still lives her normal life. She still sits with her group of friends at lunch and hangs out with them after school and on weekends. The only thing that has change is Hyemin not partaking in smoking session with her friends. She also only consumes little alcohol but not as much as before. She only spends short amount of time with her friends so she can come home before dinnerwith her famliy where she is slowly gaining their trust again. After dinner she would do her assignments and go to bed early then usual to retrieve her brain cells. Hyemin’s bed time now would be the time Hyemin would arrive home every night from hanging out with her friends.

Hyemin was doing very well. Within a few weeks she has improved a lot and Luhan couldn’t be any prouder. Now she is seen to be attending school every day and have not missed a second of it. In the past two weeks her attendance record is perfect compared to before when she would only attend a one full day of school. Day by day, minute to hour, slowly Hyemin was changing and Luhan was succeeding in the goal he made in changing the anti Hyemin back to the innocent one. Everyone was happy seeing Hyemin smile more, she seemed somewhat happier. Her parents, Luhan, her teachers and classmates are rooting for her and for the first time Hyemin is getting positive love from people. Even the gang supported her, everyone but Hyoyeon the leader of the group, she was somewhat unhappy with Hyemin’s improvements.

"Sorry I was jogging, warming up for today's sports carnival" Luhan cheered even though its early in the morning, he’s still hyperactive from his jog. Luhan takes a sit next to Hyemin after he poured his cereal and milk into a bowl. "Still you shouldn't just walk out on me like that, I was worried for you!" Hyemin slapped Luhan on the shoulder showing her worry about the young boy. "You don't need to worry I'm a grown man. I can look after myself" Luhan joked taking a spoonful of his breakfast. Hyemin just glared at the innocent looking boy, "You may have grown into a man but no matter what, you'll always the little Luhan that cried when a dog chased you one time we were walking home from school" Hyemin chuckled remembering the past.

"Yah!! I was 13 and it kept chasing me" Luhan argued. His sweet innocent face was gone as he pouted.

"Only because you ran from it, if you just stood still it wouldn't run after you pabo. It thinks you're being playful".

 "Still, I think that dog is deadly" Luhan’s expression change when being reminded of his embarrassing past.

 "So it doesn’t have to do with your fear of dogs?" Hyemin leaned in closer to look at Luhan tempering him to admit to what he is accused to be scared off. Hyemin stared at Luhan with suspense in her eyes, waiting for Luhan to finally admit to it even though she knows the truth about his fear of dogs. "Oh whatever, just finish your food or will be late for sports carnival" Luhan argued trying to avoid eye contact with Hyemin.

 

---

 

Today wasn’t any normal school day, it was sports day were the students have to participate in number of sport events to give their homeroom points. In the end of the day, the homeroom with the most points wins a trophy and a free day off school. It really is a competition to see which homeroom excels the best in sport.Luhan is in a different homeroom from Hyemin, Hyemin is actually with Kai, Yoona and Yuri.

Hyemin hates sports but she has natural fast running abilities. If only she cared about school and other things other than being accepted into the group, she would be the best runner in school. Luhan on the other hand is amazing in sports. He can pretty much pick up a sport he has never played before and do well in it. That’s how perfect Luhan is, he's perfect at everything even without trying.

This sports carnival was going to held at the school grounds, where such events; shot foot, disks, hurdles, high jump, long jump and track events are the sport events for the athletics day. The students were lined up within their year level on the grandstands as they all waited for each year level to be called to each event. It was a surprise for Hyemin to see her group participating at the school event. It was weird because the gang is known for thinking they are ‘to cool for school’ but today was a sense of a miracle for they have arrived today to participate just like Hyemin and Yoona plan to do.

"What are you guys doing here?" Hyemin along with Yoona went up to the Hyoy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter