Truly Alike

Shes My Black Pearl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 15

 

“Don’t only rich people live there?” Hyemin asked after Yoona explained the exact suburb of her house. The two were finally talking. They were sitting on their own beds with their backs on the wall. This was the first time the two close friends are taking in a long time. It was also the first for them to even look at each other for a long time. The two were having a long and deep conversation as it was the only thing to do to pass time in their cell. They were still stuck in it and won’t be released until they give some kind of evidence at court tomorrow. The others were also in the same situation as Yoona and Hyemin but were located in different cells.

“Actually I come from a wealthy family” Yoona announced, this was the first time she has ever told anyone this, this has always been her little secret she has hidden from everyone. Yoona could tell Hyemin was confused through her facial expression so Yoona elaborated on it more, “My dad is a CEO of many shopping malls in Korea and all over Asia”. Yoona continued her explanation with Hyemin’s full attention, “I’m an only child in the family so you can say I’m an heiress of the family. My mother is a stay at home mum and both of us live off our fathers earnings”.

Yoona continued with a story, she decided that she trust Hyemin enough to tell the real her, who she really is. “Before you I was the newly member of the group, I only joined a year before you did, so almost 2 years ago I joined. Before Hyoyeon and the gang I use to hang out with those rich princesses at school”

"How did you end up with Hyoyeon?"  Hyemin asked interested to know. Yoona just laughed at herself playing with her fingers nervous in what she’s about to say. “I don’t want to be judge” Yoona shook her head not wanting to go on her story. Hyemin could tell that this was going to be a big revelation but she knew that whatever it is she will always accept Yoona for she is.

Hyemin could feel as if her friend was about to cry, so she decided to attend to aid her by getting off her own bed and onto Yoona’s. She sat right next to her touching the side of her shoulders with Yoona's and her back on the hard cold wall. “I won’t” Hyemin whispered holding on to her friends hand comforting her. Yoona felt instant warmth and decided to proceed with her story feeling comfortable in her own skin. “My family was once a happy family, we had love, trust, happiness and money, something most wealthy families lack. Over the years the traits of us being a strong family vanished, slowly there wasn’t any happiness, love or trust only the money was there. Everyone knows that money doesn’t end well and it didn’t for my family. My father started to venture out in Asia with the booming of his shopping Centre business. He started to wonder off in Asia and sometimes he would be gone for months and only contact my mother and I in Korea once a week. He claimed he is busy but the truth is he has a family and several women in different parts of Asia”.

Yoona had to hold back her tears as Hyemin held onto her hand and squeezed it some more. "My father tried to deny it but my mother and I knew for sure that he was lying. When I was 15 after a year my father ventured out in Asia my mother caught him red handed and from that day on my father has been buying my mother and I expensive gifts to buy us his love again. He says he has forgotten those women but I know as soon as he hops on that plane he’s with another woman other than my mother. My mum has already forgiven him but I haven’t and his purchase of expensive gifts does not help and I have learnt to ate material things. Until this day I’m still mad at him and that’s why I moved friendship groups. I already hated the friendship group I sat with at lunch. All they care about is material things. The love was in the group was not there like the love that can be seen in our group now. No one liked each other as well, we all pretended to like each other because all our fathers had different business partnerships with each other, it a request from our fathers to be friends.

When I found out about my father I wanted him to suffer and make him mad, I just wanted the worst for him for ruining our family. So I left the petty princesses to rebel against him and also because I was sick of them. My dad was mad obviously and he got ev

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter