Lay Part 2

Shes My Black Pearl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 33

 

For months Lay sat on a boat that hailed its way to Korea with his older cousin. After the petrifying night watching his parents die in front of his eyes. Lay packed his belonging and ran to his cousin’s house for help. When he arrived at his relative’s house, he was forced to come with him on a ship that will take them to their new life. At that point, Lay didn’t have any guidance, nor a parent to tell him what’s right or wrong. So he went with his cousin, and hopped on a big ship that supposedly brought him to a new life, to Korea. 

On the ship he had to face new challenges, such as fighting for the food, big king tide waves and activities to find to do reduce his borderm. Life was hard on the ship, a tough life at the seas. But in those months, Lay was told to forget about his life in China and was given a new one for Korea. He was told that he needed to change his name, as he is entering a country as an illegal immigrant. Yixing was a soft kinded guy, he got scared easily but now he has transformed to Lay, Lay was a different personal compared to Yixing. Lay was confident, he gave no second chances and he was not kind at all. Yixing was a scared little boy, but Lay is a scary looking boy. The rough seas and his family issue, has changed Yixing and built up the character of Lay. Lay is the boy who is ruthless of anything; never will he let someone enter his the walls he built surrounding around his true self. Letting someone enter something so sad reminds Lay too much of his hurtful past. The boy that was once went by the name of Yixing who was pure at heart, transformed to Lay the heartless, ruthless guy.

Lay got off the boat and lived with his older cousin for months who looked after him like his own child. His cousin was a few years older than him, and together they lived in construction sites, where they would work all day and sleep in their given rooms. Lay and his cousin moved around Korea a lot, he would move to one construction site to another. They would stay at a site from weeks to months and then move to their next destination where they have to work at the site.

With the small amount of money he received from the construction site he was working at, Lay would buy school books with it and teach himself. Luckily, Lay is a very smart boy and picked things up easily. For many years, Lay would wake up in the early morning and work with the other construction man, during his breaks he would study. Little did he know the head offices of the constructing company kept a close eye on him and offered him a sponsorship for him to go to school. This sponsorship allowed Lay to go to school for free, paid by the company and an Korean citizenship to. Everything was paid for, his book, lunch, uniform and ect. But in return, Lay was to finish middle school, high school and college under the major of engineering which he is to work in the company later on.

Of course Lay  accepted this, and slowly his life became better and better. On his first day of school, he met a gang that sat at the back of the classroom every lesson. Since he was beginning in the middle of term, he had no choice but to sit near these people. Before he knew it he was talking to them, sitting with them at lunch and hanging out with them outside school. He loved his new friends, his new friends allowed him to forget about the past, something they were unseen to. Lay could see the how alike they all were to him, they all came from broken families. All did not want to speak about, so all remained their family life a silent.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter