Interval

It was a mistake...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seungah feels suffocated, stifled in that large backstage area, she doesn’t know where to look or where to put her attention too.

She can feel that her every movement is under the scrutiny of the eyes around her, monitoring and observing her every single movement.

Like an animal at the zoo being displayed for public, aside the fact that there is no cage barricading her and there’s no one who is offering peanuts to her.

That’s a good thing, she guesses.

“Don’t u dare!” her hands stop in the mid-air, looking up to one angry Woori, she put her hands down again, “this is already the third time, codi unnie fixes ur hair, so don’t u dare.”

She groans forgetting about her hair that has been styled, and the warning that she got after the third time, Nara unnie had to come plugging in the hairdryer in any extension that she could steal to fix her hair.

Scratching the underside of her ear, she groans when she flinches when her hand accidentally touches her earlobe.

‘Stupid!’ she curses under her breath, getting embarrassed for no reason.

Well, she rolls her eyes, that was a lie too, there is a reason why she is acting like this, one reason that she seriously would love to erase from her memory and pretended that it never existed, ever.

“Seriously Seungah yah, I dunno what is going on with u, though I have a feeling that Jaekyung knows.” Woori raises her voice slightly higher at the latter part just so that the intended one could hear what she has to say.

It works, as Jaekyung raises her head towards Seungah and Woori, questioning, “me? I dunno anything. Don’t drag me into something I dunno.” Jaekyung quickly replied to Woori, winking at her while shrugging away nonchalantly.

Getting a little work up, Woori stops fixing her make-up and looks up to Jaekyung, “Yah, u were the one who found her and drag her back to us this morning!” Seungah grimaces, groaning hard, Woori have this tendency to become louder as she speaks and as she become more excited the higher the volume of her voice would be.

“Geez why don’t u tell the whole world at that too.” She grumbles, flinches once more when Woori turns her attention back to her, she forgot, Woori also seems to have one extraordinaire hearing super power especially when someone was talking about her.

“I thought I was doing a good job at it now.” comes to monotone reply.

She scrunched her face in respond to Woori witty remark.

 

“Poor Jonghoon.”

She cursed at herself when she flinches hearing his name, almost dropping the brush on her hand.

It’s not like he was there, okay that’s a lie.

He is there, as in on the other side of the backstage, getting ready and prepping his instrument along with other Ft kids, just together with other performing artists including her group.

She did look at him once earlier, she’s not gonna lie about it, out of curiosity and also just plain wanting to sneak a peek at him; she let her eyes wander

But she realised that aside from him, the others were watching and monitoring her; especially that Seunghyun kid, he even smiles and happily wave at her when she glances at them, almost caused her a heart attack.

Hence since after that she is trying her very best to avoid any eye contact with them or to even to look at their side.

She was more surprised that no one as in the others rainbow’s members seem to realise that they are being watched, but then again that maybe just her who is being too sensitive.

Though she did notice that Jaekyung did throw some knowing look at her, the moment when Ft Island walked into the backstage area; a look that she chooses to ignore and focuses instead on her nails.

 

“So he hasn’t got over her yet huh?”

She flinches once again, and this time it was accompanied by her cursing out loud, thankfully out of everyone’s hearing.

Getting annoyed at her involuntarily reaction to his pseudo remark, even when the name was not mentioned and most probably there is the chance of them have moved from talking about him to be talking about someone else, the world of Rainbow gossiping is fast and quick, she still reacted to it like it’s no one’s business.

Funny since no matter how she argues, his business is seriously none of her business, even if they did talk about him still, she shouldn’t care or be bothered with it at all.

Though…

Dammit!

Now she is curious.

Slowly as her trying her best not to create much attention to her, she inches closer to Woori and Noeul, trying to get into their conversation as casually as possible.

“Honestly how many months has it been, don’t tell me he is still hung over her?” Woori asked nonchalantly while applying more eyeliner to her eyes.

She watches as Noeul shrugs and shakes her head.

“Are u guys close with Ft Island kids?” it comes out before she knows it.

At least chooses that question to ask instead of the more direct ‘how did u know Jonghoon’.

Awkwardly she smiles, and then turning her attention back to her mirror pretending as if she is not bothered much by the question, as if it was uttered in a sense of getting the conversation flowing instead of fulfilling her cu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter