Pliant

It was a mistake...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Before u say anything, hear me out first.” Seungah looks up to him, expectantly, pleading with her eyes is to be exact.

“Speak.” He speaks out as he started to get ready for it seems to be his night routine.

She smiles at that, propping up on the big bed that she got for herself, making sure she is seating comfortably before opening up her planner, “so,” she started to speak out loud as he is still going through with his night routine, which she finds is quite a lot, a whole lot more than her, that is for sure, “I’ve check, the climb would take me around 4 to 5 hours, so if I started early, then I could start climbing as early at 8 am, and if anything goes by the plan, I could be heading home again before night. Isn’t that amazing?”

“U are going all alone?” Was his only reply.

“Ah, I forgot! They also have guide if u want or need it, I could get me one of them to come with me, right? So that I won’t be alone, isn’t that nice?”

If there was puppy there, even it would be embarrassed at her so called ‘puppy eyes’, as she was flashing it shamelessly to him.

“And?” He raised an eyebrow at her.

“And?” she asked back, waiting for his final verdict.

“No Hallasan.”

She pouted at him then, “eh, why? I figured it all out already. U see, listen, if I got up really early, like really really early, then I can catch the earliest bus to go there and that would be around 6 am at most, and if I were able to catch that bus, then I should arrive there around 8 something, and from there after registering myself, I can just set off hiking almost immediately, maybe I will stop for breakfast at the first stopping.”

Glancing at her planner, she frowns, “ahah, they said that they sold kimbap and hot coffee there, so breakfast is okay. Around noon or a little later than that I will already reach the top.”

Smiling then, she continues, “if everything goes to plan, I will be back even before sun falls.”

“Before sun falls?” he stops, turns and looked at her.

“Okay, that is stretching it, but,” she quickly added, “I can guarantee u, that before tomorrow ends, I will be home- I mean back here already. Pretty sure I would be able to catch the last 9pm bus. See I have figured it all out, and it will work nicely according to it. There’s nothing to worried about.”

“There’s no way I will let u go to Hallasan all by urself.” He was staring at her then, stern look pasted firmly on his face.

She sulked instead, “a trip to Jeju won’t be a trip to Jeju if I don’t go to Hallasan.” She suddenly brightens up; “What if I get a guide…” she looks at him again this time smiling.

“The answer is still no. it’s dangerous for u to be out there on ur own.”

She gives him the eye then as he walks into the bathroom with a towel on his shoulder.

Though she didn’t say anything then.

Instead she just closed her eyes and takes a few deep breaths, calming herself down before she started to check up her planner again and jotted down some notes, mentally prepared she looks up toward his direction once more.

“In that case,” she shouted again, “can I go to somewhere closer then? I mean somewhere around here.”

He peeks out from the bathroom with one hand holding a toothbrush and another holding a tooth paste tube, “what do u mean?”

She blinks at him, pouting, “I mean if I can’t go to Hallasan tomorrow then I should visit the other places instead. I have one whole week of places to go all in here u know.” She raises her planner to him, getting excited to discuss all of her vacation plan with him.

Frowning he walks up to her, extending his hand gesturing for her to hand in the planner to him, she eagerly put it in his arm, looking up to him expectantly while waiting for him to go through her itinerary.

Though, her smile falters a little when he asked for her pen and then started to scribble on the planner rather precariously.

Her face grew darker as the scribbling doesn’t seem to be ending anytime soon, the longer and the more he wrote, the clearer it become for her the inevitable future where she can see herself spending the whole week being stuck in this room, staring at the big window, sighing and mourning and might even break into a song or two from Disney about how she is stuck and weren’t able to go anywhere at all.

 

She watches anxiously as Jonghoon took another look at the modification he has done to her planner, frowns as he nodded with full satisfaction at it, before he handed it back to her.

Along with her thumping heart, she takes glance at her planner and studies it briefly before shooting a dagger to him; whom is now standing tall in front of her, looking proud of himself and what he has done.

She opens ready to shout something to him, but quickly closes it back, biting her lips to stop her from screaming, from what she can see, it’s obvious that holiday according to Choi Jonghoon is spending all the time being trapped in the hotel room, doing nothing at all.

He overrules all of her decisions including her intention to do jungle trekking on day 4, quoting that it is too dangerous for her to do that, the same reason he gave for Hallasan as he scribbles down that a girl shouldn’t go hiking alone and he also scratch her waterfalls visit for day 5 writing neatly next to it that all waterfalls are just water falling down from above down.

She groans at his lame joke.

He also rules out her plan to visit the ‘Loveland Museum’, writing with double underline and lots of exclamation mark how it is inappropriate for a girl like her to go to that kind of place.

She grumbles saying how he treated her like a little girl, though it was to herself only.

Quietly she counted down the few places that he has given the OK sign, and scowls as out of all 15 places that she has initially wanted to visit, only 5 of them got his approval stamp and even that is with conditions that he carefully written down in lists, in the last page of her planner.

She doesn't know whether she should just throw the planner to him or laugh at the silly situation.

Sighing she looks up to him once more, “can we negotiate?”

“Negotiate?” he looks at her questioningly.

She nodded this time, “yeah negotiate, discuss this so call decision of urs and hopefully we can find some balance between it.”

“Balance-“

“Yeah balance or something, u are killing me here.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter