Divergence

It was a mistake...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Some things are just easier said than done she sighs, her eyes are still wide open blinking away staring up at the white empty ceiling above her, admist her so called goodnight greeting that she has exchange with Jonghoon earlier, she is still nowhere close of sleeping just yet.

Logically speaking, her body and her mind, mentally and physically, she should be dead tired already.

With so many things happening today, looking back, it almost felt like she has experienced one whole month life experience in just one day, cramped pack just for her, she should be lying dead somewhere, barely breathing already.

And yet, here she is, still very much alive and much to her astonishment, she is still full with energy even now.

If she was in her own room at her own hotel, okay not her own literally, as in her own chosen hotel, alone, with no one who would be telling her what to do and all, she would just hop out from the bed, put on her jacket and take a walk outside.

It’s only 10pm now, for sure the island is not dead silent yet.

But of course she can’t do that, she groans knowingly, he would definitely freaks out if she does that, and if she is caught, who knows what will happen.

He might just cancel everything that they agreed on and just lock her in the room for the whole week, worse he could take back her ‘noona’ privilege.

She shudders at that thought.

 

“Just remember noona, some things can be achieved through strength, some required a more delicate handling. For someone like Jonghoon a simple brute force just won’t cut it, noona.”

She nodded at Hongki’s explanation, not wanting to interrupt him and his in-depth explanation.

“Just like flies, if u smacked them then all u got is dead smashed flies, but if u offer something to them then they will fawn all over u.”

She frowned at that, if they weren’t eating the same thing just now, and was together when eating that, she for sure would think that Hongki is drunk.


Though it dawned to her that, he was explaining the whole ‘catch more flies with honey’ metaphor in his own special way.

 

“Saying yes to Jonghoon doesn’t mean u are admitting defeat noona, sometime giving up is the way u can get more than what u need. Actually with him it is the only way u can get all that u need.”

She smiles, chuckling softly, she was sceptical about it before, but after what happen tonight, seeing how much she gains after she let go of some, that Hongki kid might be on to something here.

 

“It’s about push and pull noona, just remember that to always do it in one way, always on the same direction, if he pulls in then u push toward his direction, just keep on pushing. After a while he will definitely push back to u and then when that happen u pull in and at the right moment, when u got the feel, u just reel it in, just like that.”

“So Jonghoon is a fish now?”

“What?”

She decided then, that she likes Hongki’s surprised look, he has the most animated face ever.

She mimics the act of reeling a fish in using a fishing pool, and then raised an eyebrow to him.

“Ah, no definitely not a fish. No a fis-, well u could say that, noona. But u get me right?”

Tilting her head, she frowns at him, nodding slightly, “I think, though-“

“Though?”

“Can’t I just ignore him like u guys?” she gestures at the others, remembering how they basically ignores Jonghoon and most of his barking, they do whatever they want and it seems although there was some resistance at first, Jonghoon practically let the boys run over his life.

“Ah, there’s a difference noona.”

“U mean?”

“We are his boys, noona. Of course he tried to control our life too, but he also understands that it is not his to be freaking out about. Beside we are as headstrong as he is, so most of the time he let us be. But that changes when it comes to those he considered as his partner, he is a little possessive when it comes to his woman. Way too possessive if u asked me.”

Now is not the time for her to point out that she is not his woman though, she decided.

“Especially when it comes to his girlfriend noona.”

Now is also not the time to announce that she is not his girlfriend too, she concedes.

Though-

“So, u are used with this kind of things already?”

Hongki chuckled then, she follows his stare as he glances to his back watching the others who are still engrossed with playing games at the living room, “let’s just say that u are not the first.”

Then come that surprised look on his face again, as if he has realised that he has revealed something that shouldn’t be revealed, “I mean-“

She laughs then, “he’s not a kid and I am obviously not a kid, I don’t mind that kind of things.”

“U don’t, but hyung might.”

“Then let it be a secret between us.” conspiring on things like this, why does she feels like she is talking with a 5 year old that was caught eating the apple pie?

“I’m not a kid noona,” she flinched then, why do all Ft Island boys seem to be able to read her mind so easily?

Should she try it with the other two then?

“I’m not saying u are.”

“It’s written all over ur face though,” she pouted at that re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter