Gutted

It was a mistake...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’ve made my decision.” She cornered Jaekyung as the leader was about to enter her own bedroom.

Startled, Jaekyung looks at her, raising her eyebrows, “good for u then.”

She casually replied to Seungah, though as she tried to close the door to her room, Seungah promptly hold the doorknob, stopping her.

“U don’t remember don’t u?” she should have known, most of the time Jaekyung can be very meticulous and particular, but there are times and things that she often lets the wind washes it away in no time, her own words.

That’s why most often seek out Jaekyung with their problems or whining, since she is the type that won’t take it to her heart or even remember it for too long.

“Of course I do! Come in, let’s talk some more.”

Yup, she has totally forgotten about it, Seungah shakes her head as she steps into the room where Jaekyung and Yoonhye shared together, though it was Woori whom she found in the room, lounging on top of Yoonhye’s bed, reading a novel, nevertheless.

“What are u two up to?” She immediately get up from the bed as soon as she saw both her and Jaekyung, taking off her earpiece, Seungah cringes as the loud music blasted out it, how Woori is not deaf yet is still a mystery to her.

“What are u doing?” it was Jaekyung’s turn to ask Woori the question it seems, Seungah shakes her head slightly.

“Me?” Woori grins then, lifting the book she read earlier, the novel as Seungah assumed, “trying to dig in deeper into Yoonhye’s life.”

“Woori, don’t tell me...” Seungah gasped then, glancing at the book that Woori held high, she finally notices the diary that Yoonhye treasured so much.

She shakes her head more now, sighing in the process too.

“Relax, there is nothing dark or scheming or weird in here, just her daily self in written form that’s all.”

“But still…”

“Yah, do u think I would be reading this damn thing in an open place like this if she doesn't know?”

The panic in her heart, the damn panic started to fade as Woori assured her that she is reading the diary under the permission from the owner, as a matter of fact, Yoonhye insisted that Woori to read her diary so she would, assumingly, get better ideas of her own love predicament.

Predicament, she never realised that Yoonhye was troubled with her own love life if not for this accident, Seungah sighs once more.

 

“So u’re telling me that u are seeking out love advice from Jaekyung?”

The laughter, the incredulous tone from Woori, the worried look she has later when she nodded, it makes her wonder whether it is a good thing that she confided in Jaekyung about her problem at all.

“Hey, what’s so funny about Seungah telling me her problem?”

“Yah! Settle ur own problem first before meddling in other’s relationship.”

Seungah blinks then again, even Jaekyung too?

Has she been so blind and enamoured in her own self that she didn’t see the things around her?

“Yoonhye asked for my help first before she went and search for u, u should know that.”

“Yeah, I can see why she went to me in the end.”

She smiles watching their bickering, they never meant anything they said, it was more about friendly bantering and also just how they sometime show how they care for one another, patting the shoulder of the leader of Rainbow, she attracted her attention.

“Care to share with me ur problem?”

Jaekyung rolls her eyes to her then, “let’s settle ur first, before u become all worried about the rest of us.”

“Tsk tsk tsk, just mind ur own damn business u all. Seungah yah, u don’t need us to tell u what to do and how to handle things, u re grown woman already, handle it urself. Even if u ask us and we all tell u what to do, the right thing to do that is; if ur heart is telling u differently, it doesn’t matter at all isn’t it? So, for once just listen to ur heart and let it take care of everything for u.”

Woori patted her head as she got out from the bed and drag Jaekyung’s out from the room,
Seungah was left alone, thinking of what she has said, the sound of jaekyung’s voice claiming that the room was hers, faded to the background, like a mist barely noticeable.

 

Let the heart takes care of everything.

She sighs as she puts the last item into the box, if only it is that easy to let the heart take charge of everything.

If only…

Tracing the boxer, the last thing she has yet to put into the box, she sighs even more.

This is the right Oh Semi ah, this is what 25 years old mature woman would do, she would never get herself involved in something that she knows won’t do her any good.

Never.

 

So why does, three days later that the damn box that she has packed up nicely is still with her?

Glancing at the box, she shakes her head, focusing herself on the more important task of getting ready for today’s recording, shoving any other thoughts far far away.

 

“This is crazy, I seriously don’t want to do it.”

She blinks, getting confused, it was only then she realised the commotion going on around her.

“Ah this is so annoying, I don’t like talking about ghost, why would they change the plan like this?”

Ghost? Did she hear it right? This can’t be.

Looking around, she wanders to whom she should ask about.

 

“Thank u, seriously thank u so much.”

“Don’t mention it, it was nothing.”

She looks at him, blinking her wet eyes, “for u it’s nothing, but for me, it’s something, seriously something. If u weren’t here, I wouldn’t know-“

“Gosh don’t mention about it, it was nothing really.”

Shaking her head eagerly this time, she glances at the path in front of her, before turning her attention back to him, “u should know this, if I could kiss u now, I would.”

That caught him by surprise, stopping him midway, looking at her bewildered at her words, “what’s stopping u then?”

She laughs then, punching him lightly on the chest, “someone will go crazy if I do that.”

“I guess the hand was good enough then.”

“It was more than good.” She stops then, s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter