Hallasan

It was a mistake...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Stop pouting, u sulk the whole room already.”

She looks up and glares at him, getting more frustrated seeing how he is up and about into his night routine.

“U like it don’t u?”

“Hey, not my fault that the weather suddenly took a turn for the worst and decided that Jeju needed some rain.”

“But u are actually happy it happened didn’t it?”

“Well if the mother earth decided that Jeju could use some water, who am I to complain?”

“U know u’re avoiding my question there.” She shouted at him, frowning even more now.

He peeks out from the bathroom, holding the toothbrush as he was already in the process of brushing his teeth, “there’s nothing I can do about it, baby. It’s not like I can do some ritual dance to shoo the rain away.”

She plopped back to the bed, getting angrier, “so not fair,” she whines, “Hallasan was supposed to be the highlight of my visit.”

“Choose something else then.” She raised her head toward the bathroom, though this time he didn’t come out, only his voice was heard followed by the sound of the water running.

“I will put all the blame on u, u should know this.”

“I wasn’t expecting anything less from u.” he comes out from the bathroom, all smiling and looking cheerful.

Seungah scowls even more, even though it was the weather that prevented her from hiking the Hallasan, and she would usually be okay or at least accepted the circumstances if anything ever happen against her desire.

After all to her, she always believed with the whole ‘there will always be some other day, some other time, some other opportunity’.

The fact that she saw the delighted look on Jonghoon’s face when they received the news about the restriction that has been put out for Hallasan for the next three days because of heavy rain and the highly chance of storm warding their way, and how pleased looking he was rather than being disappointed like her, was enough to make her felt like that even fate has a funny way of teasing her and for sure Jonghoon has something to do with it.

 

Scooting over to her side of the bed, she watches grumpily as Jonghoon lies down next to her, rolls her eyes when he puts the pillow in between them.

“Goodnight.”

“Eh?”

He opens his eyes again, scowling at her, “what now?”

Seungah frowns, plopping herself onto the pillow that is doing not so perfect job acting as a border, she looks at him, “u can’t be thinking of sleeping already?”

“I am, actually.”

“But it is still early.”

“We have a long day today; I’m tired I need my sleep.” he closed his eyes again.

She jutted her lower lips then, “u have long day today, I don’t.” she corrected him, “I sleep the most morning while waiting for u, remember.”

“Good for u then,” out comes the casual reply from him though his eyes remain shut.

“How is that good for me? I seriously can’t sleep here.”

“What do u want me to do noona, sing u a lullaby then?

Her eyes brightened with the suggestion.

“Don’t even think about it!”

She glares at him who is still lying still and his eyes are still remained close, ‘it’s u who suggested it in the first place.’ She quietly grumbles to herself.

 “Can I go out then?” she casually asked, knowing what the answer would be, but was curious of how far she can go…

That sure attracts his attention though as he opened his eyes staring at her, “and where are u thinking of going?”

“Uh I dunno,” she shrugged, puffing her cheeks, taking a moment for the pretend pondering, “check out the night scene maybe, maybe going to the hippest club out there, and maybe drink a soju or two. Maybe dance a song or two with some stranger.”

She slowly backed down as he slowly gets up from his lying self, turning to look at her again.

“Hippest club? Soju? Ahjumma, are sure that u are still in ur twenties now?”

“Yah!” her comebacks were muffled as he pushed her down with his long arm.

“Just go to sleep.” He casually remarked again, while he himself went back to lying down and closing his eyes.

“I can’t!” she flails in her lying state, scowling, “I don’t feel any motivation to sleep at all, there’s nothing waiting for me tomorrow.”

“There’s plenty more u can do here, noona. Not just Hallasan, choose something else. How about we go to our jungle trekking tomorrow then?”

“No!” she quickly rejected his suggestion, “Jeolmul is last day, a must.”

“Why?”

“Cause I feel like it.”

“Cause u feel like it?”

“Yup!”

“Uhuh, goodnight then.”

“Yah!”

“What now?” Oh he is getting annoyed it seems, she notices that. But honestly speaking, she is here in this room because of him, somehow him getting less sleep than what he is really needing, per say by him, seems reasonable enough to her.

 

“Taewon oppa said that a visit to Loveland is mu-“

“No!”

She just glanc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter