Seoul

It was a mistake...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She picked up her phone slide the ignore call before throwing it back to the floor again, turning around she started to walk back to the centre, getting some time for herself at the dance floor as the others were on break now.

Bending down she started flexing her body when she realised the others were watching her instead of prepping for dancing.

“What?”

“The start of today from the morning, ur phone has been ringing nonstop, out of all u only answer ur phone two or three times only, one with our manager another one is when ur mom called. Others u just click ignore. What’s up?”

She jutted her lower lips, feigning ignorance, “numbers I dunno, so I didn’t answer it. What’s the big deal?”

Well she is not telling any lies, the last phone call was really from some unknown number that she is not familiar with, that’s why she just click ignore.

Though the others incoming numbers might not be so unfamiliar to her after all, something that she decided the others doesn’t need to know.

“Unnie, u are not hiding some secret lover somewhere that we dunno off?”

“As if I can hide anything from u all.” she laughs at her remark, hiding her face against her long hair as she pulls her scrunchie off her hair before pulling it to another tighter knot. She walks away from the middle section of the studio towards her own stuffs, deciding that it is best for her to avoid the others for now and forego her intention of rehearsing on her own.

Though Hyunyoung doesn’t seem to be willing to let her go that easily as she follows Seungah and eyed her, suspiciously, “there’s something odd about u unnie, after since that holiday.”

“U’re thinking too much, I have always been odd.” She casually replied back to Hyunyoung, while she fished out a towel from her bag, wiping of sweats from her arms and face.

“See,” Hyunyoung pointed out at her, “u seem much sharper these days unnie, alert about everything. Something is seriously off with u.”

“With ur constant pranking and teasing, one don’t have any choice but to be more alert, Hyunnie ah. It may take Seungah a little longer than the others, but eventually she will also learn.” Jaekyung butted in while throwing a water bottle to her, “u doesn’t seem that tired, aren’t u?” Jaekyung turns to look at Hyunyoung, as the younger one reluctantly nodded, “then get ur back to the floor. We need to master this as soon as possible, we don’t have much time left, some solo rehearsal time might be good for u.”

She watches as the maknae pouted and slowly dragging herself towards the other, it was obvious she doesn’t want to leave that spot, it was obvious that she knows that Jaekyung will stay behind and talk with Seungah and most probably will find out what’s bothering her and it is obvious that she wanted to know too.

But she knows that Hyunyoung also knows although the maknae can manage Jaekyung with ease, it won’t be long before Jaekyung asked for backup and then Woori would come to take her away, even if she stays there the end result will still be the same, except then the maknae will have to endure a long tiring more or less at least two hours of nagging from Woori, something that they all agreed it’s not worthy for anything at all.

Seungah sighs as her phone rings again, glancing towards it; she notices the familiar number yet again.

Biting into her lips, she paused and mainly just stares into it, it was by the third ring or in this case the third verse of Rainbow’s song that she finally take the phone and once again click ignore.

“I doubt whomever calling u will give up, if he is that type, he would have stop calling by the 10th time u didn’t answer ur phone.”

“He is stubborn, more stubborn than a mule.” She mumbles, though she regretted it as soon as it leaves .

“Obviously.” Jaekyung winked at her then, “I guess I should be glad that it is a guy who is calling u nonstop.”

“Why?”

“Cause u need one in ur life desperately.”

She rolls her eyes then toward Jaekyung, “stop saying things like that. At this point, I’m not that desperate yet.”

“Uhuh, that’s why instead of switching off ur phone to avoid any more calls, u left it on just like that. And instead of u know, turning the silent mode on, u have the volume of the ringtone as loud as possible. In case that u might miss any of the calls. It’s obvious that u are waiting for it, the problem is that, u are scared what’s waiting for u behind those calls, isn’t it?”

She grimaces, Jaekyung’s words is like nails to a coffin, hitting its’ mark with every pounding.

It has been almost a month since she left Jeju Island, the first few days after she got back to Seoul, she didn’t leave her phone behind even for a second.

Even during her sleep she would wake up sometime in the night, fumbling for it just in case there was ‘the’ call and she misses it.

Then when the second weeks making its entry, and still with nothing else, she started to become worried and anxious. By the third week, she was almost at the breaking point that she did the unthinkable, she calls him.

Reasoning that he already given his permission to call him and that what she does is perfectly normal and okay.

After a few times of punching his phone number and erasing it, she finally braced for it and slide the call button, waiting while holding her breath as the phone rings and rings, anticipating his voice to be answering it, noticing the anticipation and the excitement gradually growing as the phone keeps on ringing; except, it was an unfamiliar voice greeted her instead.

Claiming that he is the manager of Ft island though it wasn’t Taewon, she didn’t dive into it much further as she only responded accordingly as he told her that Jonghoon was busy doing rehearsal at the moment to be answering the phone and won’t be able to talk to her, she was told to leave a message to him so it could be passed to Jonghoon later.

After stuttering an introduction of herself and the nature of the phone call, she was quickly interrupted by the manager saying that he will relay her message to Jonghoon later and a curt promise that he would tell Jonghoon to call her back.

The call her back that never happen, at least not unti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter