09 || Cooking

Backstage Couple

A young lady with a bouquet of white roses walks along an empty alley. It was rather small and scary; it was isolated from the world of the living. It has no street lamps, but since it was a bright morning, it felt so much better. She had a beautiful smile on her face, as she courageously walks along it. She arrived in a vast land of graveyard. Her smile turns even wider.

“Good morning, Luna.” Jieun greeted the tombstone with the name Luna craved on it. She gently places the roses on top of it.

“Ah… your oppa is truly… He should have taken care of you, even better.” Jieun squatted down, pulling the wild grasses. “Between me and your oppa, everything is fine. I hope you don’t mind me. Your oppa is quite busy lately; I hope you’re not feeling lonely. It’s should’ve been spring by now but it’s still cold. You should take a good care of yourself.”

Loving him doesn’t mean she only loved him. She cares a lot about him and his family, especially Luna. She would visit Luna’s grave once she’s back, while Myungsoo has yet to overcome his own fear of visiting his little sister grave on his own. The last time he visited her was years ago, before Jieun’s departure to London, when he broke down and cried in her embrace.

As usual, she’d visit the café, not only to visit him but also to enjoy the atmosphere. She brought a sketchbook along with her, in case some inspiration comes to her. She’d soon be quitting her job as Alexander McQueen personal assistant and start her own career.

Once again, the tingling sounds of the bell rings and the waitress greeted her brightly. She ordered some tea to match the spring season, when everything blooms beautifully. Myungsoo could only smile after seeing her. He knows where she have been, Luna’s grave. She’d never wear all black clothing like she did today, if it’s not for his little sister.

It was raining outside, the first spring rain of the year. Jieun watches the raindrops kisses the window as it gracefully touches the ground. It was nice; the flowers would bloom even prettier the next day. Myungsoo was watching her from a far and without her noticing, he sing a song - a song dedicated for her.

Jieun clapped, along with some other customer. She had the urge to sing on stage. She grabs his guitar and soon standing on stage. She strums her guitar, while Myungsoo was mesmerized by her soothing voice. The audiences were enjoying her beautiful voice, fitting the rainy weather perfectly.

IU – Raindrop ♪

***

“What should we do for today?” Jieun asked.

It was still raining; they were standing below the same black umbrella that belongs to Myungsoo. They were sharing it, a reason for Myungsoo to keep her close. They were walking along the busy street, with cars hurrying everywhere.

“I’m hungry; can’t you just cook something for me?” Myungsoo pouted.

“Cook? What do you want to eat?”

“Ddukbokki.” He smiled. “Let’s go to my place. You know, even my maid love your dish.”

***

Nothing has ever changed about Kim Myungsoo house. It never gone smaller or bigger. It stays the same; the designs, the everything. Even the atmosphere it brings is the same, the cold and rather untouchable feeling, despite the luxury it had, it lacks of one thing that people called love.

His parents never returned, they would call but Myungsoo would never pick it up. He let it rings, until one of his maid pick it up, he’d quickly pretended to be asleep, refusing to pick up the call. His parents never stated they hate him, even after Luna’s death. They didn’t blame him nor are they distancing themselves from him. They’re busy, simply very busy. Yet Myungsoo has the fear, scared they would blame him for his sister death. That’s why his day feels lonelier.

It was one reason why Myungsoo loved to invites the INFINITE and especially Jieun, to his house. Because by then, his house would feel more like a home rather than a mere building as a place he lives at. He could feel comfortable, being himself without hesitating. It becomes nice to stay inside the house.

Jieun entered his place and the maids greeted her cheerfully. She may not be an easy person to talk to, but she’s nice. It makes her very lovable to them and they end up liking her a lot. She has a splendid cooking skills and each time she come over, they could enjoy their homemade dish.

Homemade dish suddenly become Myungsoo’s favorite. Ever since he demanded Jieun to cook for him back in their high school days, he started to love homemade dish especially when it’s hers. He prefers cooking with Jieun rather than going out for dinner. Although in the end of the day, they’d end up turning the kitchen upside down, thanks to his poor cooking skills.

They brought home a lot of things, cooking ingredients from eggs to red bean paste. Jieun took an apron, as Myungsoo tried to help her by tying it behind her back. Myungsoo was an idiot when it comes to the kitchen; he looked like a 3 years-old trying to wear an apron, figuring what is this and that. Jieun could only giggle, as she helps him to wear it properly.

“I’ll show you my cooking skills. Just wait and see.” He smirks, his cold and arrogant aura suddenly overwhelmed him.

“I think I need to prepare some medicine before eating your dish.”

“What is that supposed to mean?”

“Nothing.”

Once again, they ended up having fun cooking and destroying the kitchen. They should’ve bought the rice cake, instead of making them, yet the stubborn Kim Myungsoo insisted on making them. Jieun had no problem making it, as she has gone used to it. But… they ended up turning the kitchen to a pure mess rather than cooking properly. The flour was splattered all over the place, covering the floor and the table. Not to mention, Kim Myungsoo was childish enough to shower her with the flour. She was soaked in the white powder, as she took her revenge on him, ended up with both of their face covered by the flour.

The floor, too, was covered with eggs and oil. It was slippery and wet, Myungsoo often have to catch her, preventing her from slipping down and ended up getting hurt. They were having fun, laughing as they turn to a five-years old, trying to cook. Myungsoo keeps on teasing her around, splashing cakes, water, and stuff to her and Jieun would pout before doing the same thing to him. The maids were chuckling, seeing how the lovebirds could finally enjoy their time together.

They put everything in, the garlic, the vegetables; everything they could found from the vegetables to meet. Jieun was against the idea, but well Myungsoo is as stubborn as ever. He keeps insisting to put in more ingredients, saying it would taste better. They ended up throwing everything in, hoping it would taste just fine. They added a bit of the red pepper taste, as the smell of it started to fills the room and their stomach growls at it smells.

“Don’t you think we should put more sugar?” Myungsoo asked, after tasting it.

“I think we should add some salt.” Jieun tilted her head.

“Come on, let’s just taste it one more time.” Myungsoo took a bit of it and feed it to Jieun.

“I think its salt.”

“Sure then, let’s add some salt.” Myungsoo patted her head and took the salt from the cabinet.

“We are turning the kitchen to a mess.” Jieun giggled, seeing how his kitchen turns to a mess.

“Ah… it’ll take time to clean it up. Let’s clean it up later, I’m hungry now. It looks tasty.” Myungsoo rubbed his hand, as the food finally cooked.

“Myungsoo, aaa~.” Jieun took a spoon full of it and offer it to him.

He took a mouth full of it, munching it with delicacy. It tasted good. “That’s delicious. See, my cooking skills is betters than yours.”

“Well… you turn the kitchen upside down.”

“Well… but I cook well.” Myungsoo opened his mouth, “another spoon please.” He wrapped an arm around her waist.

….

It was an awkward silence that fills the room, as Jieun suddenly flinches at his touch. It wasn’t rare for them to be hugging or holding hands with each other, but still it was quite hard for Jieun to get used to it. She wasn’t the type of woman who liked to be touch, even by her own boyfriend. She’d flinch at his touch, but soon get used to it. It was surprising to him, how she suddenly flinches at his gentle touch. It scared him.

“Uhh… I’m sorry.” Myungsoo pulled back his arms, before wrapping her waist once again, gentler than before. “Is it better?” Jieun nodded, embarrassed.

“I think we should take it… slow… you know. I don’t think you’re comfortable enough being touch.” Myungsoo tried to shove off the weird atmosphere.

“No, it’s… I was just surprised. You do know I don’t really like being touch but well… I was just surprised. I’m fine.” Jieun smiled and feed him another spoon full.

“Jieun, aaa~.” Myungsoo sang, feeding her a spoon full of the food.

“Umm, it’s nice.” Jieun happily chew the food, eating more and more of it.

“You’ll gain weight soon, Jieunnie~.” Myungsoo teases her, “it’s a good thing~. I guess I’ll cook you a lot of delicious thing from now on.”

***

Myungsoo was asleep in the couch, as he was tired after working and cooking. It was quite hard to clean up the mess they have created. She had just showered; her hair was still dripping wet. She smiled, catching his figure that was fast asleep, seeing his peaceful face made her happy. His hair was wet; when she sat next to him, she could even smell his shampoo.

She took a blanket from the maids, as she laid him down gently. She wasn’t strong enough to lift him up and move him to his room, like what he did for her a few days ago. Jieun chuckled at the thought of it. She brushes his hair with her fingers, as she covered him with a warm blanket. He still is the cold-stubborn and rather arrogant boy, he even had that smirks in his dreams.

She took a look at his face, drowning herself. He was handsome; he had those extremely unordinary features, an undeniably handsome face. He was arrogant; his smirk is truly something else. Yet it was the things that made Jieun fall for him. He was very nice inside, he was caring, and despite the struggles he had to show it. He was very bad at expressing himself that sometimes Jieun would have to read his mind. Somehow, attending etiquette training wasn’t bad either, and attending a psychology academy wasn’t bad either. Or else, they both could be fighting over simple things.

“Umm…” he groaned.

Jieun chuckled, as he turns his back against her. She took out a note, scribbling on it, before playfully sticking it on his forehead. It was written there, how she bid her goodbye as she would have to return home soon. It was about to get dark out there and it is better for her to return home as fast as she could. She runs her fingers through his hair one last time, before running to the door.


Author Note

This is... well, another filler chapter! I've so much thought right now, that I don't think I could write anymore. The next update will be a week from now on, or maybe more, as soon as I managed to push away all of this thoughts! I'm feeling dizzy right now. Enough of the rant, bye!