36

Backstage Couple

Wooyoung plopped down on the couch, while Jieun was busy making some coffee for him. She was wearing a pink shirt with shorts; her hair was tired to a messy bun, her face covered in thin layer of make-up. It was twelve in the afternoon, when Wooyoung managed to sneak in to her company building, searching for the so-called IU. The staff eyed him weirdly. He was rarely seen around and if people paid more attention, recognizing one of the biggest and youngest entrepreneur wasn’t that hard. He was dressed in a black v-neck shirt with striped jacket and slipped into his jeans. He tried to keep it low.

He found Jieun practicing her dance steps, wobbling every now and then, and fell down at embarrassing times. Wooyoung remained silent as he watched her struggling with every step. Her petite body was very stiff. She was a very bad dancer. He tried to hold back his laughter but miserably failed when she wobble backward and fell down on her . Her trainer shook his head and rolled his eyes, before announcing the break time. Jieun bowed a couple of times, mouthing something similar to sorry.

“You know, you’re a really bad dancer.”

“Do you think I don’t know that?” She sighed and blew her bangs. “I’m worse than bad.”

“Need help?”

“Maybe later. I don’t want to break anymore bones or twist anymore ankle.”

“Did you injure yourself?”

“I guess so.” She sheepishly smiled and pointed at her ankle, still slightly bruise but normal enough to practice.

“You better be careful.” He eyed her worriedly, which she returned with another sheepish smile. He knew she was in a good mood and he knew her well enough to know the reason behind it. “Come on, I’ll help you out.” He offered his hand and tired to pull her off the couch.

“Later. Later.” She repeated while shoving the cup of coffee to him. “Drink this first.”

Wooyoung sipped his coffee and moaned in delight. Her hands must be gifted somehow, everything she made taste perfect. He shifted his gaze and stared at her figure. Her cheek was pinkish and her skin glow better than any other day. Her lips form a beautiful smile, it was faint yet beautiful. Wooyoung was delighted to see her happy. Lee Ji Eun has had enough.

“I heard about what happen between you and Myungsoo.” He boldly stated which made her turn pinkish. It was new, Jieun never blushed. He around and she whined in return.

“Well… I... guess so,” she shifted her gaze from him and stared out the window. “And I agree.”

“Kim Myungsoo is really something else.”

***

Jieun wondered how she was supposed to act with him later. When she agreed to his request, her mind was completely blank. What he said was taking her by surprise and the sincerity in his eyes wasn’t something she could reject. She was weak when it comes to him and his sincerity. She nearly forgot she was positioned as an MC in Inkigayo, which means they will encounter each other every now and then. When she met him, how was she supposed to react?

The status of their relationship was unclear. They would text each other before going to bed and in the morning before the schedule starts. They would call each other during break time, but they never met each other. Jieun was afraid of the risk, and Myungsoo understood it quite well. The contact was often rare, not as often as how it used to be, but enough for them to stay in love and patiently wait. They weren’t dating, they were in love and they were aware of it, but they weren’t dating. It was that simple, yet that complex. She wasn’t sure she could face him later on.

She wondered how much longer she should wait. Waiting wasn’t an easy thing, it was one of the hardest. She has patience, but she doubted waiting would be easy. She strolled around the waiting rooms hallway, listening to laughter and conversation, something argument and fights. The boys, especially, were noisy. Jieun often found herself to be envious to those who performed in groups. It was a lonely path to walk on her own.

Were they performing today? The staff hasn’t given her the rundown for today’s show. It was half an hour before the show starts. The briefing would start soon enough. She was bored. She arrived early today, since the radio show finished early and the street was clear from traffic. Gikwang, her fellow MC, hasn’t arrived yet. Jonghyun was nowhere and Yoseob acted weirdly in front of her. She has no one to talk to, so she strolled down the hallway, walking around the building a couple of times, even fell asleep for a few minutes.

She walked past another waiting room with a new boy group’s name written on it. Jieun sighed; she has been walking in circles, arriving at the same spot again and again. She could list all the performers by reading the papers stuck on the doors. It was then, when a pair of arm suddenly circled around her waist and pulled her. She yelped and struggled. It was a scary experience. It was not the first time it happened to her. Last week, a fan lunged at her, trying to hug her. Since then, she hated walking on her own.

“Shh… calmed down,” he whispered, yet it caused her to panic even more with covered by his hands. “It’s just me.”

She was pulled to an empty corner. Her heart was beating hard, breath gasping. She struggled to break free when the voice once again repeated his words, for her to calm down. When he finally lets go, she relaxed for a bit, before leaning against the wall. Still, she was scared. When she realized the man’s was not trying to harm her, she sighed.

“Why are you being so paranoid?” He eyed her suspiciously. “It’s just me, your soon-to-be-boyfriend, Myungsoo.” He patted her back and pulled her to his embrace. “Something happened, yes?”

“You didn’t have to sneak out like that.” Jieun relaxed even more when his warmth took over her. “I was scared to death.”

“Sorry,” he patted her again then caressed her hair. Jieun whined and struggled again, reminding him that he should be careful of her hair. It was nicely done; she did not wish to ruin it. “But something did happen, right?”

When she remained silent, he knew something had happened but decided to ignore it. She would tell him, one day, when she is ready. She was slowly relaxing in his embrace, inhaling his scent. He rested his chin on her shoulder and inhaled her scent. He closed both his eyes and inhaled deeply. This is what he called peace. He felt so completed, so much better.

“Feeling better?” He asked and she simply nodded. “I miss you.” He smiled.

“You miss me?” Jieun couldn’t hold back her smile. “You just saw me three days ago!”

“That’s why I miss you even more.”

“Cheesy.”

“But you love me.”

Oh, she missed this.

***

“Hey! Hey!” Sungyeol scramble on his feet as he rushed inside with a huge box in his hands. “Jieunnie sends us food!” He grinned, delighted.

“Food! Food!” Sungjong chanted.

“I want steak!”

“I want rice cakes!”

“I want jajangmyun!”

The boys yelled and quickly scrambled on their feet, sitting down nicely in front of the box. They sat in circles. Their eyes lit up. Lee Ji Eun’s dishes never disappoint them. Myungsoo could only smile seeing what Jieun did. Everything will be back to normal soon enough. He will make sure she wouldn’t have to wait for long. A sense of relieves rushed to him, as he soon as he heard that Jieun sent them food.

“Salad,” Sungyeol exclaim dryly, uninterested.

The boys looked dejected, half of them were whining, while other remained silent. Kim Myungsoo was the only one who looked so happy after hearing the bad news. Salad? They were on a diet after all. Jieun wouldn’t want to ruin their hard work, would she? While the boys started to argue, Myungsoo was silently enjoying their food. The boys were blaming each other, since Jieun knew on their diet. It means they wouldn’t be able to eat any delicious food for the next few weeks.

“This is good,” Myungsoo exclaimed, stuffing the food into his mouth. “Nobody wants this? I’ll eat it then!” Myungsoo grabbed another plate, only to be pushed away by Woohyun.

“I’m eating this!”

“Me too!”

“Noona… food!”

Soon, the boys chomped on their food happily. Myungsoo shook his head silently, while Dongwoo was having a hard time holding back his laughter. Sungjong was enjoying it the most; picking other’s food from time to time. In the end, the two youngest maknae was fighting for their food. Sungjong and Sungyeol, as usual, were fighting over ridicoulus matters. Sunggyu shook his head, letting out a shaky breath.

“Guys,” Myungsoo stated, happily eating his food. “I’m getting back together with Jieunnie.”

“WHAT?!” They all chocked on their food.

***

Jieun has never been so nervous before, especially in front of those familiar boys. It has been a long time since they met and to be meeting in such a way was uncomfortable to her. She looked down, showing her cute shades of pink. She looked down, unable to look at their eyes. Her heart was racing and her temperature was rising. She felt hot, with something flipping in her stomach. It was a new feeling to her. It confused her in a good way.

Kim Myungsoo was holding onto her very firmly. He held her hand and intertwined their fingers, just like the old days. Oh, he missed this, the old days. He had a very serious look that made her even more anxious. Her stomach flipped each time he stared at her very dearly. She knew he was going to do something very stupid, yet she didn’t complain. He is Kim Myungsoo after all, the hot-headed guy she fell back in high school. He gave her one last smile, before holding his breath, and exhaling it very loudly. Jieun shuddered.

The six pairs of eyes stared at them very coldly. Jieun felt shy and uncomfortable. After being an idol and fashion icon, she still couldn’t get used to attention. She felt claustrophobic from time to time, although it was getting better, being stared so intensely didn’t help either. She could feel the air tensing, and slowly her lungs gasped for more oxygen. Myungsoo presence was silently helping her. She held onto him tightly. His smile and sincerity was beautiful. She flashed a smile before looking back at the ground. She found the ground to be the friendliest.

“So…” Myungsoo trailed and Jieun held her breath. “I’m getting back together with Jieun.” He stared back at the six pairs of eyes. His orbs were dark and intense, so mysterious. It reminded her of how much she loved to stare at his eyes. “And that’s final.” He firmly continued while pulling her closer. He put his arm around her shoulder.

Jieun would love to hear an instant reaction from the boys. She was prepared, whether they would protest or support them. She knew dating while being so exposed to the public would not be an easy thing. She held her breath while waiting for an answer. She could feel the six pairs of eyes staring at her. She inhaled deeply as Myungsoo gave her a reassuring smile. She could smell his overwhelming scent and his warmth started to dwell inside her. Still, she felt claustrophobic.

“I love her.” Myungsoo smiled at her. He stared at her brown orbs, wanting to sink himself inside. She stared back at his alluring dark orbs. He was confident and firm about it, that he loved her. She silently showed a brighter shade of pink on her cheeks. It was embarrassing. She looked down as she grew hotter. Something in her stomach flipped once again.

“Lee Ji Eun, did you just turn pink?!” Hoya, her childhood friend suddenly broke the tense atmosphere. He chooses to when she felt so uncomfortable. She was pink, indeed.

“I’ve never seen her being so pink.” Woohyun added, holding his laughter.

“You are really pink. Do you know that?” Myungsoo leaned closer to her ears. His breath was ticklish. She froze and pinked even more.

“See that! She just pinked!” Sungyeol was being absolutely childish.

“I love you,” Myungsoo once again stated, giving her a deep stare. Soon, he planted a kiss on her pinkish cheek and pulled her to his embrace. Jieun simply froze and buried her face in his chest. She felt hot. She swears Myungsoo was having fun torturing her.

“Are you embarrassed?” He asked as she hugged him back and snuggled closer. “Because I am absolutely red right now.” He sighed. She could feel his body turning hot, yet she felt safe.

“You know what; the so-called L is red right now!” Sungyeol was laughing out loud.

“So what? Are you two dating now?” Sunggyu had a fatherly smiled on, as he tried his best to maintain his poker-face. Well, of course, it failed. 


Author Note

Thank you for everyone who dropped off some comments last week! So here's another update to make you happy! Well, I write angst almost all the time, so I tried a little fluff. I don't think I'll write fluff, this is too much -_- I don't even know if I expressed this supposed-to-be-fluff-chapter well. I'm still waiting for comments, okay?