10 || Pathway

Backstage Couple

It has become a regular daily routine, a regular sight that could be found every morning for those who has made the café an important part of their life – those who works there and those who has become a regular customer. A young lady, dressed in beautiful and stylish clothes, with her beautiful charms, would ring the bell as she stepped inside with her beautifully feminine steps. The clock would have strike 8 by then, and the waitress would have just finished her routine of flipping the word ‘close’ to ‘open’. She’d immediately entered the place, with a smile of satisfaction that the place is finally opened.

As usual, she would take the seat next to window, located in the corner of the café after walking to the counter to grab some morning tea. Her presence were unbelievably warm that some will have no choice but to stare in a lovely way at her and the waitress too, will have a brighter day after her warmth presence. It has become a daily basis, how she’d popped out every morning, warmly greeting everyone, as she sipped her cup of tea. As for spring, she prefers some kind of scented tea, jasmine.

Today, too, the waitress could spot the woman, walking toward the café as she flipped the board – marking the beginning of the day. The young woman was beautifully dressed in her white one-piece, clutching a small bag with some papers popping out from it. She looked cheerful and her smile grows brighter, after seeing the waitress flipped the board. She quickly ran to it, being the first customer to break the lazy spring morning by ringing the bells – hang on top of the wooden door.

“Some tea please. Mmm… I wanted it to be chrysanthemum.” She rubbed her chin and pointed out one of the menu, cutely smiling at the waitress.

No words shall be said to the woman, as she has turned out to become one of their friends rather than customer. The waitress nods, handing her a piece of paper and some coins – the change. She quickly excuses herself to the kitchen, to make a well-made tea for their regular and not to mention, their favorite customer. Lee Ji Eun, as she’s known as, walked to the vacant seat, where she spent her days, shoving off all of her depressing thoughts.

Sometimes, the young lady would popped up again by night or later in the evening, where a handsome man would popped up with his groups and sings for the customers. It wasn’t hard to notice their relationship; they looked rather obvious about their feelings for one another. She’d spent her time, enjoying his voice, staring blankly at him with her lovely gaze. When he isn’t around, sometimes, she’d be the one singing on stage, giving some entertainment for the customers.

But today, she just sat there, sketching around while reading some books when her head was stuck at some point. She was smiling brightly, as the place got even crowded as time pass by. She’d lift her head when the bells ring and pouted cutely when she found it was just another stranger she has yet to know, some regulars customers, or some workers who was late or an exchange for the second shift. She was as bright as the sunflower, which blooms beautifully, stands out among others, despite being quiet and calm.

“Lee Ji Eun!”

The woman quickly lifted her head, searching for the source of it, and her smile immediately turn to a wider grin, as she found her old friend standing there with a man beside her. Her oldest and best friend, things has changed over the past years as they have chosen their own different path. Park Jiyeon cut her hair short and dyed it to a brighter brown, despite her original black hair, making her almost unrecognizable. Jieun was having a hard time believing she’s an old friend of her, especially when a tall and good looking man stood beside her.

“Park Jiyeon!”

The two giggles and quickly run to one another, hugging. It looked like a little reunion, with a stranger that lifted an eyebrow upon seeing their reaction. He cleared his throat, giving a deep heart-thumping gaze toward the petite lady. However, the two were too busy with their own business, asking one another about how life have been and it seems they forgot one stranger that Park Jiyeon brought along as she returns to Korea.

“I miss you, Jieun!”

“I miss you, too! I could barely recognize you!”

“How’s the fashion show? It was all over the news! They’re praising you!”

“It went well but it worn me out. How about you?! Is working there fun?!”

“It was so much fun! Writing an actual gossip is so much better rather than writing a school gossip!”

“Tricky as ever, Park Jiyeon.”

“What does that mean, Lee Ji Eun?”

“You bring a man back home…”

“Woah, I almost forgot about that!”

Jiyeon quickly pulled herself away and turn to the man. He has a well-built body and a maturing looks despite the fact that he looked rather young. He was tall; at least he’s taller than her, although she’d have to admit she’s rather short and petite. He was staring at her deeply, with a playful and rather flirty gaze that made her smirk in annoyance, although she managed to hide her annoyance and greeted a friend of Park Jiyeon nicely.

“Ah… Jieun… this is Seungho. Seungho, this is… Jieun. Lee Ji Eun. Yoo Seungho.” Jiyeon awkwardly introduces the two to one another.

“Lee Ji Eun.”

“Yoo Seung Ho.”

Jieun replied his flirty gaze with a rather playful and friendly one, as if she’s luring her. She found something about this man is rather interesting. He firmly shook her hand, comfortably shaking her hand, as he smiles even wider. His smile was rather mischievous and Jiyeon cringes at the sight of it. It was as if the two are ready to fuel up a fight, unveiling their masked before turning to a complete beast. Even she had to admit, Lee Ji Eun smile doesn’t look that nice. The man soon leans closer to her; letting his hot breath touches the woman’s ear.

“What are you doing here? A beautiful girl like you, wondering around early in the morning, not to mention alone.” He whispers.

His voice was deep, even more charming compared to Myungsoo’s. Jieun has to admit it, he has some better quality compared to her own boyfriend, yet his teasing isn’t something Jieun could stand for so long. She shoots a playful glare toward Park Jiyeon, who nervously stands there. It was quite odd, how the woman was only standing nervously, without a burning jealousy after seeing her man flirting with another woman.

“Then… what are you… a handsome man, doing here? I’m waiting for another man, unfortunately.” Jieun replied.

“Its nice meeting you, Lee Ji Eun!” He quickly pulled back, wrapping an arm around Jiyeon as his smile turn to a rather gentle one.

“Good catch, Park Jiyeon, a playboy.” Jieun mouthed to her best friend as Jiyeon blushes madly.

“Ah… Seungho, why don’t you go back home and wash up? I’ll catch up with you later, girls need to have some fun for now.” She took out her apartment keys, shaking it in front of Seungho before pushing him away.

“I don’t even want to know your love story, I think I could guess it to a perfect 100%.” Jieun giggles.

“At least mine isn’t as cliché as yours.”

***

It was an empty two years, where Jieun cut off all her contact with her friends, and it was soon followed by a farewell. As everyone has their own option and pathways, even old friends might not be in the same pathway, everyone parted. It was three months after Lee Ji Eun returns when everything turns from a hello to a goodbye. They all bid their farewell as they have chosen their own pathways.

Lee Ji Eun, as how her careers and futures have been decided, she flies back to Europe, studying in France for another two consecutive years. She was alone, just like the old days, as other decided to take a different pathway. She remembers how hard it is for her to leave, after rather heart-touching returns and yet she’d have to leave thanks to her mother threats.

Kim Myungsoo, in the other hand, took a ticket to fly to England. He has been working hard over years, learning about photography so he could fly to London with her, yet this time it was a different destination. The two was parted with the distant, despite the call they made to each other. It was rare, yet the two understood enough to understand each other situation. The two pursue different dreams, one as a photographer, and one as a fashion designer.

Park Jiyeon, as the Gossip Queen, was unable to leave the gossip column even after graduation. She was stuck with it, having the urge to write gossips, she flew to New York, learning to become a journalist. She was having fun there, studying as others are, despite the different pathways she would have to take.

The INFINITE stayed as a group, with Nam Woohyun as their new addition. They become a group that pursues the same dream, as a singer. Lee Ji Eun barely knows their reasons, but Sunggyu told her, he had that unbelievable heart-thumping feeling once he got on stage to sing. Woohyun told her, he had so much fun singing with her that he’d like to ignite the memories once more. While others are barely following the two and ended up liking singing.

It was friends, in the end, some who had become close, some who are enemies, and some who are lover, who had to choose a separated pathway. It has been their first time meeting each other, in the past three years. They never truly gather up with one another, one would have to leave while one will return. Even as a pair, Lee Ji Eun and Kim Myungsoo rarely meet each other.

Jieun was enjoying this, how she and Jiyeon could meet each other, hanging out like how it used to be. She was excited to the fact that her best friend finally brought a man home. She was happy how she could meet the INFINITE and spent some quality time with Kim Myungsoo. But… as a sister, she misses Kim Pil Suk, the lady who has been away for years.

“I don’t even want to guess your story. I could tell it right away.” Jieun teases, as she sipped the bubble tea they bought.

“Really? Tell me then. You’ll have to designs me beautiful clothes if you ever failed.”

“Deal.”

Within the three years of not meeting each other, changes take place that sometimes Jieun couldn’t help but find it annoying. Those who are away, despite the restrain they took to prevent themselves from changing too much, they’ll undergo changes. As much as Lee Ji Eun despises it, she had come to realization that it isn’t something she could help either. And one of the changes was Park Jiyeon’s boyfriend.

They meet through college, as Jiyeon become a committee of their daily magazines and newspaper. Judging from the way he talks, Lee Ji Eun could guess how much popularity he had. He had a lot of it, how girls would melt over his handsome face and how gentle he is, with a prince-like. Gossips would surround a playboy like him and he isn’t the easy type. Jiyeon would have to work hard to get some special gossips about him and Park Jiyeon won’t let a single thing get in her way – that’s how hot-headed and stubborn she is.

“You ended up stalking him and falling in love, don’t you? Isn’t that cliché? Worse than mine.” Jieun teases.

“Tsk, do you think I’d go that far?”

“Oh, just admit it!”

“Fine, it’s 100% true.”

Jiyeon rolled her eyes and blushes in embarrassment as the two continued to stroll along the street of Hongdae. But the pathways are about to go against one another. One shall create their own pathways, yet who knows the pathway they create might hurt their dearest one.


Yeah, have fun with the fillers! Fillers! Fillers! and fillers! Have fun with them readers! Bear with it! Ugh, I don't have the urge to write at all, I force myself to write down this chapter. Anyway, which one do you guys prefer?

A. Long chapters up to 12-13 pages, about once every two weeks.

B. Shorter chapters, about 4-6 pages, about once a week.

Tell me about your opinions, I do think my chapters got too long at times. And I don't really like reading an extra long chapters, scrolling down the page, it's boring. Okay, comments and see you next time! Need to hit my brain with something to make it work again.