03 || Hello

Backstage Couple

She safely landed, and the flight was an enjoyable trip back to Korea. She wanted to stroll around for a bit, sight-seeing, as she watches the changes that have happened within two years. It may look cute, a bit interesting, or sometimes annoying. Yet a few hours after she landed, she could already feel the jet lag. Jet lag has never been something she’s fond of. Her head keeps on spinning around, and her stomach doesn’t feel good at all.

Nobody knows she’s coming back today. It will be a huge surprise, to see her again, to see her friends again. She wonders how they have been, are they doing well or are they troubled. She misses them, despite her action of cutting off all connection. She will get scolded a lot, once they reunite. She wonders if Jiyeon is still the same, talkative. She wonders if Woohyun is still the bratty boy, if he and Jiyeon still bickers a lot.

The world may seem spinning to her head, but well she managed to force a smile. Coming back to Korea wasn’t something made to be regretted? She’s rather relieves being able to come back after a long time. It’s fun and nice. It feels nostalgic and it creates tingling feelings inside her. There are many places she wanted to visit, to see the changes, and to greet the old friends. She wonders how Pil Suk is; it’s been weeks since they last talk. Jieun was a bit busy lately, so Pil Suk might feel neglected.

She wrapped her pastel-pink coat, her favorite one, as she took a walk around the neighborhood. She had put all her luggage inside her apartement, the one she shares with Pil Suk, which no longer used. Pil Suk moved out of the room, a week after her departure to London, she lives with the maids in the mansion. Even touching the keys seems nostalgic, she never touch the keys for two consecutive years. She strolls around for a bit, before finally facing her greatest fear. The place she needed to visit the most.

The school has changed, the colors of it has changed. It turn bigger and higher, rather than two huge buildings, it has turn to three. It has a smaller building at the corner, for administrations and stuff like that. The park turn bigger, it made her wonder if the backyard still existed. It has two swings, and a bench. The trees were growing old, and some has turned bigger, they were only a mere old trunk right now. Without any leaves or fruits, not even flower. She wonders how they looked like during spring.

The gates too, were modified. It changes, from bricks to steel. It has a minimalist style, rather than the old style. She wanted to come back wearing her uniform, but they no longer fit, and she wonders if it has changed. They tends to change the uniform once in a while, to keep up with the new trends and style. Well, half of this school is owned by her mother, via supporting Suzy’s family.

It was 10 in the morning, it’s too early. She will have to wait for another two hours before the bell finally rings and lunch break start. She will get to see them later, rather than barging in and creating chaos inside classroom. She wanted to see Pil Suk too, but she could burst to tears once she saw her. Not to forget, she might get squashed once Pil Suk hugs her. That child, she hugs her sister with extreme force and energy, Jieun could got squashed easily. She giggled as the thought pass by her head.

But it seems like there will be a festival today. A winter festival, maybe? They don’t usually hold winter festivals, but once in a while when there’s enough time, they would hold a huge one. The theatre would be filled with thousands of people, as they watched for the opera. Jieun may have watches too many opera back there in Europe, especially London. He always guided her, staying by her side, as he took her too many places. Yeah, she may have moved on from that man, now that she has him.

Yet no. No particular man could replace his place from her heart. Moving on wasn’t easy it all, especially when she has admitted her own feelings. She knows she loved him, and she knows he loved him. For the first few weeks, being apart wasn’t something hard, knowing they loved each other. But reality brought her back to realization that they’re apart, and they’re just stranger – just how she wanted it to be. And here she is, having the fear to face him.

“Mmm… miss… I’m sorry you can’t come in. You’re late.. And the festivals won’t be starting soon.” The security guard holds her back.

“Oh…ummm… I’m not a student here. I’m an old acquaintance, I guess. I’m not here for the festivals either.” She holds her chin up, letting her face to get exposed.

“Oh, dear. Aren’t you Ms. Lee?” A teacher passes by.

“Ah, Mrs. Yoo. You do remember me.” Jieun smiled, as she enters the school.

She walked around the school around, the classes were empty. The students must have gathered somewhere, another briefing for the huge festival. She wonders how much things she had miss, how things have been going on without her. She has so many thoughts, as her hand touches the windows, the doors, the walls. Everything feels nostalgic and nice, her slow steps, matches her thoughts.

Her tracks soon stop, when she saw the familiar class. She looked up to find the board. First year, section A – her previous class before finally leaving. She smiled, after a long sigh escape her lip. Her careful steps enter the class, as she heads for the seat next to the window. Three rows behind the white-board. Her hand travelled, feeling the white-board, as she spent quite some time playing around with the markers. Being childish isn’t something she had gone used to and it isn’t something she had done for the last two years.

Her seat, the warm sunshine touches her skin has her palms rubbed the wooden table. There were a pink bag on the chair, it has been own by someone else. Well, it has been two years, the class may have even reshuffle and they will have to upgrade their class. They must be in year 3 now, after two years, and soon they will be graduating. Jieun has never thought of it.

Again and again, it feels too nostalgic and it creates another round of tingling feelings – as if bells keep on ringing inside her. Long times no see, I guess. She smiled; the genuine kind smile everyone has been missing once again showed it presence in the hidden silence. No one knows she’s back and now she’s trying to enjoy the loneliness before creating chaos and ended up getting scolded a lot.

Her gaze changes to the seat behind her, who used to be owned by a boy, an important part of her life. However, it is how it used to be. They’re strangers nowadays; she didn’t even let his name to slip her tongue. But her thoughts keep on coming back to him, again and again. Although it is no longer his, there was a black bag next to the table. It made her smile, how she remembers his stubborn attitude about wearing black-colored clothes.

“How have you been doing?” she whispers.

She soon dragged a chair as she sit nicely on her used-to-be seat. She let her head laid on the wooden table, enjoying the feelings it creates. Her left hand reaches for the seat behind her, rubbing the table. She misses it, this and everything she have missed during the two long years. She could say she regrets never coming back, yet it wasn’t a wrong choice either. Things might drove a bit too fast if she ever comes back earlier.

She spent quite some time, before finally standing up and pushing the chair back to its place. She looked out, gazing through the window, before exiting the place. Her smile was something that has been missing for ages, the lovable smile everyone has been waiting for. She smiled a lot, but her genuine smile wasn’t something that could be found easily, once she departs to London.

“Lee Ji Eun?” a voice echoed.

***

Park Jiyeon was being grumpy today, she’s being asked for so many things, from A to Z. She’s not supposed to be responsible for so many things, yet the committee was a bit too busy. They bit more than they could chew and ended up making things harder for the others, who are simply volunteers. She didn’t even have to take parts for today festivals, yet some people come to hear, pleading. They even promise her to give good news and hot gossips for the school magazine.

Jiyeon doesn’t have a choice but to agree, she’s lacking off gossips lately. She needed some extra gossips and seeking for one wasn’t as easy as the old days. People are being extra careful. The school newspaper too, has slowly lose it popularity without Jieun as it homepage. Well, they don’t always uses Jieun, but having her photos stick there caused many boys to read it, just to look at her pictures. Jieun never agreed but Jiyeon was smart enough when it comes to begging.

Actually, she will be fine if it’s her seniors or classmates that asked her for help. But today, she’s being ordered around by her juniors and she didn’t like it for the slightest bit. The properties were a lot, and she will have to pick it up from class to class. Not to mention, she’s alone. The others are busy with their own business and stuff. And she wasn’t given the slightest clue about things that are urgently needed or simply trash.

First year, section A.

She sighs, idiot dino! She’s supposed to get back to class and took some of the property there, rather than going back being a freshman. It’s been years yet she keeps forgetting her class, and going back to the first year section, especially section A. A part of her misses the memory they used to create back then. When they’re together, when they bicker a lot with the INFINITE, with Kim Myungsoo, before things turn upside down.

She hit her forehead hard, leaving a red mark up there. She rubbed her forehead slowly, before mentally cursing herself for being extra stupid. She will have to walk along the hallways, climbing the stairs, before finally getting back to class. The first year section is quite far away from the third year. Why did she end up being in this place?

Her gazes soon catch a figure, a figure of a young lady with a petite body. Her body was wrapped with the pastel pink coat, which resemble an old friend. Yeah, she knows Jieun’s favorite color has always been pastel colors and her coat; most of it was pastel pink. She doesn’t have an idea of who it is, or even care about the young lady. She’s too grumpy and too busy, to be taking care of anything else except the festival.

Yet before she could took another step further away, and ran upstairs to the third year section, the familiar feeling suddenly took over her. She eyed the young lady, from head to toe, wondering who she is, and why does she seems so familiar. Her hair was almond-colored, brown, smooth, and silky. It was long and wavy, falling perfectly over her shoulder. She couldn’t look at her face, because she was facing the other direction. The color of the coat, her petite figure, she seems familiar.

And that was it, when she realize she’s back. That woman is back, to Korea, after years of missing. The seat, she remembers clearly where that woman used to sit – next to the window, around the third or fourth row. She felt a slight pang inside her heart, a bit of an excitement, and mix feelings. She walked in, calling out her name, wondering if it’s truly her.

“Lee Ji Eun?”

***

Jieun was startled when she heard someone calling out her name. The voice seems familiar, yet it’s been too long. She could no longer recognize the voice; she’s no longer in the old days when everything is crystal clear. There are something that she had forgotten, things that meant to be forgotten, and some other that she had forcefully erased from her memories.

She turned, facing the woman. Her lips soon form a smile, knowing who the woman is, and the woman too, smiled at her. That girl… that woman… Park Jiyeon, her best friend. Jieun was excited and happy to meet her, yet a slight guilt was engulfing her. Jiyeon will surely be mad and upset, once she met her. Well, it’s her fault for cutting of connection.

“Jieun! It’s Jieun!” Jiyeon excitedly run to her and pulled her to a hug.

“Jiyeonnie, long time no see.” Jieun replied.

“Woah! I miss you! Where have you been? You never comeback for two years and it’s almost three!” She pouted, while squashing the petite Jieun.

“Sorry, I was too busy. I’m back now.” Jieun smiled, hugging her best friend back.

“Even to call or text? Don’t you have weekends there?” Jiyeon pouted again.

“Ah… about that,” she sighs, “Ji- Jiyeon… I… I can’t… breath! I can’t breathe! S- Stop- Squa- Squashing me!”

“Oops, sorry. Let’s talk about that later, I’ve a long session of scolding for you!” She stomps on her feet.

“Okay, okay. I’m sorry.” She chuckled.

Seeing how Jiyeon is, something do changed, but things remains the same. There are things that significantly have changed, things that can no longer remain the same. But there are things and people, who remains the same within the two years. Changes existed, but thankfully they happened slowly, little by little as time pass by. And Jiyeon, this girl, has yet to change to that extent. She wonders how the other is, and especially that man.

It made her happy, actually, if they haven’t changed at all. However, she’s acknowledging the changes slowly. Even there are changes within her, something that yet to be significant. She was trying to overcome it, her fear of changed, because soon she will have to keep up with the changes everywhere.

“You got prettier!” Jiyeon exclaimed.

“Thanks, and I think you got prettier too!” Jieun exclaimed, cheerfully walking around the school with Jiyeon.

“Don’t you want to see the backyard? It’s still existed!” Jiyeon took her outside, to where the backyard is located.

“Sure, I was wondering if it still existed.”

“The change must be surprising.”

“It’s actually quite good. The park is fabulous, but I think it will be too crowded during break.”

“Woah, as expected from the Backstage Princess. You never changed, have you?”

Jieun chuckled, as they stroll around the park for a bit. Jieun wanted to try the swing there, so the two decided to play for a bit. They just talk about things and stuff, enjoying the quiet winter day, alone. It was nice, when it’s all quiet and empty. Although she might no longer be the shy princess, she still hates crowded places.

“When did you come back? Did anybody know you’re here?”

“I just arrived this morning. No one knows, not even Pil Suk. Speaking of which, where is she?”

“She’s fine and you know she’s become very active lately. She had lots of friends, and the bullying has stopped.”

“It’s nice to know she’s fine. How about Woohyun? I wanted to meet him.”

“Uhh… he’s as annoying as ever. He always picked on me, his bratty attitude is unbelievable. He fights a lot.”

“So the two of you does bicker a lot. He fights? It’s not surprising though. I guess no one changed.”

“Don’t you want to ask something, Jieun?”

“Ne?”

“The corner of your eyes is searching for someone.”

“You know me the best.”

***

“Oppa! Oppa! Are we going on a date?” Suzy asked, clinging to Myungsoo.

Myungsoo just shrugged, annoyed, as he rolled his eyes on her. Suzy got hooked up with him, clinging on to him the day after Jieun’s departure. He found it annoying, and most of the time he would just shrugged her off. He hates Suzy, but it feels like he needed someone by his side. However, using Suzy isn’t a good idea. He found it rather annoying and at times he exploded. She’s irritating.

“Oppa, stop neglecting me! Can I have my kiss?”

Suzy slipped her hands, intertwining it with his hand. He once again rolled his eyes, and shrugged it off. He let go of her hands, not interesting in any skin ship. He doesn’t want her to cling on to him all the time, yet it feels lonely without her. He might be using her, but she’s usable. It’s cruel enough, but whose fault is it?

“Oppa, I want my kiss~,” she sang.

Myungsoo could only let out a tsk and pushes her away before she stole another kiss from him. But it was too late, she soon tip-toed, pin him to the window, and stole a peck from him. He rolled his eyes and pushes her away, as she ran away. He wipes his lips multiple times, disgusted at her action.

His gaze travelled far away, outside the window. Its winter and soon it will be the prom. It will be his last prom and each prom keeps on reminding him of her. Each winter keeps on bringing memories back to his head. There has never been one thing that meant a lot to him in his life, but Jieun has changed that. She becomes an important part of his life, as he managed to move on after Luna’s death. And now, he can’t help but think about her.

He sighs, ruffling his hair in frustration. The class is now empty, leaving him alone, troubled. He was supposed to enjoy winter, yet her departure has turned his excitement to pain and pure sadness. He’s an idiot, truly an idiot. Now that he has her, Suzy, he should have been able to move on ever since a long time ago, yet no. He just can’t.

His eyes soon catch two figures, exiting the school, as they head for the swing in the park. He can’t see their faces; he could only see their back. He sighs again; the pink coat she was wearing is reminding him of her. He can’t help but remember how much she loved pastel colors, especially pink. The day they first met each other at the café, she just wear her pastel-pink coat, exactly like the one the figure is wearing.

Her hair, it was somehow similar to the figure. But now, she – the figure – has a longer hair than Jieun’s original one. It was somehow wavy and almond-colored, resembling hers. Her petite figure seems to be very similar to Jieun. The way she walked and the way her hair float in the air, blown by the wind, it is somehow… familiar.

No way, it can’t be.

He violently shook his head, blinking his eyes, shutting it close for quite some time before fluttering it open. It widen in shook as his heart continues to skip a beat. It is impossible, she can’t be back. She has been missing for two years, without any news, so why is she…

The figure isn’t there.

Geez, he misses her for too much.

***

“Woah, it’s beautiful!” Jieun exclaimed cheerfully, seeing how pretty the backyard has become.

“Well, you should credit me, Woohyun, and him.”

“Thank you!” Jieun took a seat on the bench and started to inhales the fresh air deeply.

“Ah, Jieun-ah! We’re late! Gosh, what should we do? We’re late! We’re late!” Jiyeon suddenly panic.

“Ji- Jiyeon, what’s wrong?”

“It’s Sunggyu! We’re late! We’re late!” Without a word, she dragged Jieun along, dragging her to nowhere.

“S- Sunggyu? The INFINITE? Jiyeon, I’m -” She was cut off by Jiyeon sudden force, dragging her along.

Her thoughts soon wonder, things have changed, and meeting the six of them all at once won’t be easy at all. Not to mention… there’s him. She doesn’t want to see him, as much as her heart has been lingering for his presence, she isn’t ready. Not today, not now, not in a week, she isn’t ready. When they met, they’re just mere strangers, what should she say?

***

They were both gasping, as they arrived in the auditorium – a huge and big one, more likely theatre for opera. It’s something they used for festivals and performances, especially the important one. It’s been awhile since she entered this place; the last time… she got hurt. The memories were going back and forth inside her head.

The stage, nothing has really changed, huh? She wonders if the changes, the huge changes are only her imagination. She tends to speculate a lot when she got anxious. And now, things might have been better than expected, yet still meeting the INFINITE wasn’t an option she would like to take immediately.

Catching their breaths, Jieun legs almost gave up right away. They stood next to each other, by the door, still gasping with their hair turning to a bun of mess. The auditorium was crowded, filled with people. Jiyeon almost dragged her to run to the backstage again, when Jieun refuses to do so.

“Why? Don’t you want to see them?”

“I think we should watch and enjoy the performance first. Let’s find a seat.”

“Why? The backstage wasn’t bad either.”

“Jiyeon,” she sighs and pointed down her legs, “it hurts. I wore high heels.”

Jiyeon eyes soon gazes down, staring at her legs that might have been bruised by the sudden run. Well, wearing high heels has never been a great idea. She cringes for a moment, as she let dark eyes met her brown eyes. She mouthed a sorry, before gazing back to her legs. Her cringes turn to an idiotic smile, grinning, and clapping excitedly.

“Since when did you wear high heels?! You do changed, Jieun!” Jiyeon helped her to find a seat.

The stage started to lit up, as the performance was about to start. Jiyeon told her all of the schedules and lineup making it less exciting for her. She knows who’ll do what and well, it’s Jiyeon. It made her chuckled at her blabbering mouth, who can’t help but talk a lot even about others secret. Guess it is something necessary to be a good gossiper like she is. Jieun wonders what she would become once she graduated.

The music started to play in the air, playing the melody beautifully. Jieun was excited for the performance. She has seen many different performances that varies from orchestra to opera, fashion show, or simply some cheap festivals. But none of them involves her close friends and relative, or simply someone she knew. And honestly she never hear Sunggyu voice, not even once.

Kim Sunggyu – 60 sec.

Jieun was awed by the performance, although the song wasn’t her type. It was kind of upbeat, but the lyrics seem to be real. It feels like a story, a story she herself has undergone before. It was funny, how she keeps remembering the past, the days she spent with him even after she has another him.

Sunggyu has grown, his hair was bleach. He has gone taller, even taller than before. His looks turn matured and the way he talks was nice. He got friendlier, judging by the way he moved around. Jieun smiled and clapped, together with the rest of the audience. Honestly, the song fit the cold gloomy winter day.

“Legs getting better?” Jiyeon asked right after the performance ends, and Jieun nods.

“Shall we go to the backstage and congratulate him? He’s been very nervous, preparing for this lately.”

“Sure. I guess I’ll have no choice but to meet them.”

The two excuses themselves and head for the backstage. Jieun was nervous, there’s no denying the fact. Well, it’s meeting the INFINITE for the first time, Woohyun, and also Hoya. There’s a strong possibility that she’s going to meet him. What should she do once they met? A simple greeting like hello would only turn awkward and complicated. No words could fit the situation.

“Guys! High 5, nice performance! Where’s your leader?” Jiyeon turn friendly.

Jieun was hiding behind her back, invisible to most of them. She has changed, even the way she dressed has changed, but her pastel-pink coat is an exception. She grows; she might turn unrecognizable after two years. Jieun chuckled, watching how friendly Jiyeon has turn out to be, especially with the INFINITE. So some things do change.

“He’s catching up his breath, backstage. Too nervous, he’s having cold sweat right now.” Woohyun answered.

“Uhh… Unbelievable.” Jiyeon groaned, for a man, he sounded lame.

“Do you bring the property?” Sungyeol asked, busy preparing for the next performance.

“Uhh… Ahh… about that… I forgot…” Jiyeon sheepishly smiled and twirled her hair.

“What?!”

“What?!”

“Seriously?!”

“Oops, sorry. But well, I’ve brought something better than those annoying property.”

“We need the property not some gifts. Even if you’re going to give me a Lamborghini, I won’t be happy. I want that property.” Hoya groaned.

“I could guarantee you would love it.”

“What is it? I’m getting irritated now, dino!” Woohyun growled.

“Ladies and gentlemen,”

“We don’t have ladies here.” Sungjong pouted.

“Don’t cut me off!” Jiyeon coughed, “Ladies and gentlemen, I proudly present, our old friend, Lee Ji Eun.

The seven pairs of eyes, including Jiyeon, turn to face the petite figure hiding behind Jiyeon back. Their eyes shock in widen, as if it could popped out anytime soon, if he isn’t careful enough. Jieun shyly looked down, unable to meet any of their eyes.

***

Gulp!

She’s nervous; they are staring at her as if she’s a ghost. Slowly, she decided to look up and face them. She put on a smile, of nervousness and excitement. She genuinely smiles, the smile they have been missing for ages. She mouthed a hi in low voice, scared and too shy to do anything else. It was awkward, no one talk, and only Jiyeon smiled.

“Noona! Where have you been? I’ve run out of my lemon candy! I miss you!” Sungjong suddenly yelled and barges her, hugging her tightly.

She almost stumble, she shouldn’t have wore that thing called high heels. “Sungjong, calm down! She’s wearing high heels; she could fall if you hug her like that.”

“What heels? When did the Jieun I know start to wear heels?” Hoya chuckled, before freeing her from Sungjong hugs.

“Since I left, I guess.” Jieun hated to bring up that thing, yet she doesn’t have any idea on what to say.

Her eyes darted to Woohyun, who stand in the corner with poker face on. She walked up to him, and approaches him slowly. She wasn’t daring enough to look at him in the eye and he wasn’t either. His eyes darted to the red carpet covering the ground. He knows she’s there, his nose could smell her faint peach scent, and the corner of his eyes could spot her brown hair.

“I miss you,” Jieun stated and pulled him to her embrace.

“I miss you, too,” he smiled and hugs her back. His days of waiting turn out to be completed.

“How have you been? I heard you fought a lot. I think you should get punished, Woohyun.” Jieun chuckled.

It rings, the way she called his name rings in his ear. “Well, it’s your fault for not calling at all.”

Jieun let go after flicking Woohyun’s forehead. She turned playful as time goes by, she’s rather easy going and less serious, compared to the Lee Ji Eun they know two years ago. It’s nice seeing her having fun with life, rather than being too serious. She walked up to her childhood friend, Hoya and hugs her.

“I miss you, too. How have you been?”

“Fine, I guess. And do you know? I found the thing I like! Dancing!” Hoya exclaimed as he ruffled her hair.

The hugging all ended after a few minutes, as she excuses herself to the backstage and congratulates Sunggyu. He was indeed surprised by her sudden appearance and welcomed her home with warm greetings rather than hugs. Although it has been years, Sunggyu and Jieun relationship wasn’t that good. They’re getting friendly, but well the border are crystal clear.

“Aren’t you searching for someone?” Jiyeon asked.

“What… no?” she stutters.

He wasn’t there.

“Don’t lie, the corner of your eyes searches for him.”

The conversation was cut off by Jieun’s sudden phone vibration. She had a call and excuses herself.

***

“I cook for you, it’s in the fridge. Don’t forget to eat, don’t skip meals, okay?”

“Okay, okay. You could just eat out for some time, I’ll be back soon. In three months, maybe?”

“Okay, I will cook a lot once I got home. Am I your source of food?”

“Take care.”

“Bye.”

The conversation ended in 15 minutes, a long one. The INFINITE were raising their eyebrows on her. She’s calling someone, a man to be precise, and she seems to be having a nice conversation. It seems like she cares a lot about that someone that she cooked for him every morning, as if the two have been husband and wife for quite some time. It feels like she’s been in a relationship with that someone.

***

Myungsoo were walking along with Suzy, who keeps hooking up with him. Suzy was linking her arm with his and keeps flirting around. Myungsoo was annoyed but Suzy is someone who has been by his side for two years, through up and downs. Suzy hadn’t spent anything to help, she’s just there to flirt around and Myungsoo used her to fill the empty spot.

And once again, his eyes darted to a figure, having a nice phone call. Her petite figure reminds him of her, her voice was somehow similar to hers, and her pastel pink coat… it hurts. He wonders if it is indeed Lee Ji Eun, yet he doesn’t have any idea on how to handle their screw up relationship after two years. Nothing is the best option, both are worse, hearts and reality that can’t meet up as expectation.

“Take care… I cook for you…” he heard it all.

The young lady ended the conversation, it seems like she has been having lots of fun enjoying the conversation. She sounded so sweet, and the caller ID is indeed a man. He could hear the man faint voice, although it wasn’t clear what they’re talking about. She talked in English and some small art in Korean. She pressed her phone and slips it inside her bag before turning around.

….

….

….

It’s indeed Lee Ji Eun.

….

….

It’s indeed Kim Myungsoo.

….

….

She was hurt and rather surprised by his appearance. She didn’t expect to meet him right away, when she least expected it. She had just finished a call and out of nowhere he just appeared in front of her. Her heart could only gone wild, surprised by anything and everything. And her eyes darted to the figure next to him, a woman.

Suzy, it was indeed Suzy. She grew up to a beautiful princess, nice, matured, and simply gorgeous. Jieun remembers being told that Suzy is the only person being happy about her leaving. Jieun could understand though, Suzy has been waiting for ages to get hook up with Myungsoo and now… she’s hurt. He already had someone else to replace her particular position inside him.

He, too, wanted to bang his head on something hard. A wooden or maybe steel, until it bleeds and all of this turned out be dream and only dream. His eyes, his heart, it all waited for her, yet now, seeing how she has moved on, how she has had another man to fill his particular part.. It hurts.

She and whoever that man is…. They looked like a married couple. Looking after each other, asking each other to take care of themselves, cooking for him… He envies him. He wanted to be the one yet two years has taken it all. Now, they’re just mere strangers, who don’t even know each other name.

The reality suddenly come and hit the two, the reality that they both have moved on.

 


Author Note

Hello there, as always it's hello as greetings! Chapter 3 is up, it's getting angst here, but wait for a bit. I may blow up the whole sadness, soon, or maybe later. It's up to me, surprise, surprise. So, what do you think? I enjoyed writing this story a lot, that my writer block didn't effect this story at all. Tell me what do you think. Comments and subscribe! I love you all, thanks for the support! And have anyone watch You're The Best Lee Soon Shin!? It's kind of random, but you know, IU's acting turned out to be very impressive! Ep. 26 was amazing! Kekeke... I talk too much. Bye! See you next time.