What is your problem?

Luck And You

 

L sat in the cafeteria with Jaeun. He didn’t want to go to the library because he wants everyone to see that Jaeun is tutoring him.

He doesn’t know why.

But he wants everyone – especially that Minwoo guy – to back off from looking at Jaeun.

HE sighed to himself as he looked at the panting Kwon Jaeun who sat in front of him. When did he start to feel this way about her? Why does he feel so possessive when it comes to her?

He snapped out of his thoughts as Jaeun glared at him. “I thought we are going to the library?!” She asked angrily.

L just shrugged. He doesn’t want to tell her the real reason, does he?

“Library is too quiet. I don’t want to study there.” He replied casually.

Jaeun narrowed her eyes on him. “Then what? Can you study in this noisy place?” She scowled.

L looked around. “Well, I think I can handle this place.” He replied nodding. “Can’t you?” He then asked.

Jaeun balled her fist. “Fine.” She said as she breathed deeply, controlling her emotions.

L secretly smiled to himself as he saw Jaeun mad at him again. He doesn’t know but there is this satiety he is feeling whenever Jaeun acts fierce.

Perhaps he feels special because she is only like that when she is with him.

After an hour of tutoring, L finally began to ask the thing that is bugging him the whole day.

“Karate Kid,” He called.

Jaeun looked at him. “What?” She asked.

L looked back at her. “Are you going to the gathering?” He asked.

Jaeun gave him a serious look. “I thought you wouldn’t mind if I didn’t.” She replied vaguely.

L smirked. “Of course, I wouldn’t.” He said as he felt this feeling of disappointment inside him.

Damn, was he expecting her to come with him?

Jaeun nodded. “Okay.” She said as she fixed her books back in her bag.

L sighed. “So you aren’t going?” He asked again.

Jaeun gave him a narrowed look. “I am going.” She replied.

L’s eyes widened. He couldn’t hide his feelings that moment. He thought he was dreaming. “You are going?” He asked again.

Jaeun glared at him. “Are you playing with me or are you plain dumb? I am going.” She said pissed.

L smiled. “You answered blurrily.” He replied.

Jaeun scoffed. “Just plain dumb.” She answered her own question. She grabbed her things. “I’ll be going then.” She said. “I have work.” She added as she stood up.

L nodded. “Yes. Take care, Karate Kid.” He said, making Jaeun look at him in disbelief. “What?” He blinked.

Jaeun shook her head. *Is it just me or did he just say ‘take care’?* She thought as she started walking.

L smiled as he watched her walking to the exit.

There is this surge of happy feelings inside him now. He doesn’t know why but he is liking every bit of it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Hyung, why are you so whistle-y this morning?” Sungjong asked L who seems very happy the next day.

L smiled and shrugged as he sat happily at the restaurant where they all met up to buy suits and tux for the gathering.

Sungyeol eyed L. “Jaeun’s making you feel happy?” He asked.

L raised his brow. “Why would that karate kid make me happy?” He asked innocently.

“Then Jiae?” Dongwoo butted in.

L looked at his hyung really disgusted. “Why would she be in this conversation?” He asked in disbelief.

“Then what makes you smile like a maniac in this wonderful day?” Woohyun asked.

L shrugged. “I don’t know. Maybe I just woke up in the right side of the bed.” He replied.

Infinite looked at him with an ‘I-don’t-believe-that-lame-excuse’ look.

L chuckled. “Come on, guys! Let’s just go buy our suits.” He said as he stood up.

His friends just shook their heads and followed him. They all know something is going on.

“Is that Jaeun and Eunmi noona?” Sungjong pointed.

L immediately turned to where Sungjong was pointing when he heard Jaeun’s name.

“Yeah! Wow! She looks good with her casual clothes.” Hoya beamed.

“Shut up hyung and just focus on your Eunmi.” L barked.

Hoya smiled and nodded. “Of course, Eunmi is who I am talking about, you babo.” He beamed. “Why would you even think that I am talking about YOUR Jaeun, Myungsoo?” He asked with a meaningful smile.

L rolled his eyes and was shocked to see Eunmi and Jaeun walking their way. He stared at Jaeun who was wearing an oversized tee and leggings.

Eunmi smiled at Hoya. “Hello, Oppa!” She greeted Hoya happily.

Hoya smiled widely. “Hey, Eunmi!” He beamed.

Everyone knows that Eunmi and Hoya are in that stage where they both like each other but are not yet sure if they want to take their relationship into the whole new level.

L stared at Jaeun, dumbstruck. He has never seen Jaeun dress so casually. Well, the first time he saw her dress casually was when he stalked her to the grocery and the next was when they went to the orphanage for the kid’s party.

He has never noticed that Jaeun would look exceptionally stunning wearing normal, ordinary and simple clothes like this.

Sure, she still looked like Karate Kid but there is this aura that draws L to her.

“Zup, Jaeun?” Sungyeol greeted.

Jaeun smiled. “I’m fine, Sungyeol-ssi.” She said politely.

Sungyeol raised her brow. “Awww! Drop the formalities, just call me Sungyeol Oppa.” He said.

L raised his brow. There is no way he would hear Jaeun call Sungyeol ‘Oppa’. Not with that cold attitude she has.

Jaeun chuckled and nodded. “Alright, Sungyeol oppa.” She beamed making L widen his eyes in disbelief.

*How could she easily submit to Sungyeol’s request?!* L angrily thought in disbelief.

Sungyeol looked at L who was looking like he just saw a ghost. “What, Myungsoo?” He asked with a grin, a meaningful grin.

L snapped out of his thoughts as everyone was looking at him. “Nothing.” He replied, collecting his cool.

Infinite snickered. They all know what L is thinking. Actually, they all kind of think that L is being jealous. If not, protective over Jaeun.

Jaeun looked at L, shaking her head.

L blinked. “What?” He asked.

He was trying so hard to suppress this overwhelming feeling in his chest right now. It’s like he is going to melt every time, Jaeun’s looking at him.

What is this feeling?

He is so not used to this and it makes awkward and uncomfortable.

Jaeun shook her head. “Nothing.” She mimicked what L said.

L scoffed and narrowed his eyes on her before walking ahead without a word.

Jaeun looked at him walking. *What is his problem?* She thought as she followed L with the rest.

Oh L, it’s going to be a long day.