Stars

Luck And You

 

Jaeun watched L and the Infinite boys dance to the beat of the song.

Sure, these boys know how to have fun. And yes, these boys know how to dance.

The DJ played upbeat songs and everyone is expected to participate by dancing on the dance floor. But Jaeun isn’t really fond of these kinds of things. And no matter how L had been trying so hard to convince her dance with him, no. She declined in every way possible.

“Don’t you think all seven of them have the different levels of hotness? I mean, they are hot in a very different way.” Minhee, Sunggyu’s tutor, beamed as she, together with Hana and Eunmi, watched the boys have fun on the dance floor.

Eunmi nodded, eyeing Hoya – the best one – dance superbly, wowing every single person who would lay eyes on him. “Indeed, very well.” She replied dreamily as she eyes Lee Howon. Hoya looked her way and winked. She blushed automatically.

Oh, Eunmi. You are so under his spell.

Jaeun just shook her head at her friend. She surely doesn’t know what Eunmi saw in Hoya – well, he is a gentleman but that doesn’t change the fact that he is someone who they are not supposed to be loving.

It’s not like you can choose who to love anyway.

Speaking of love, Jaeun’s heart seemed to go ‘badump, badump’ when she saw L looked her way with his trademark smile.

Oh, L. How could you do this to Jaeun? She seems helpless when you smile at her.

“Ayieee. Looks like you and L are getting along really well, too.” Eunmi bumped her shoulder with Jaeun’s and wriggled her brows.

Jaeun narrowed her eyes on her friend. “What are you talking about?” She asked as she gave her a deadlier pointed look.

Eunmi smiled, unaffected. “Come on, Jae. Don’t you ever deny that you aren’t feeling something special about L as well?” She asked. Minhee even leaned closer to monitor the conversation.

Jaeun scoffed and shook her head. “Well, that is nice of you, Eunmi. Going ahead of my feelings, eh?” She asked.

Eunmi shrugged. “Or have you gone farther than I am thinking?” She asked back as the music stopped and the people are going to their own tables.

Sunggyu, Hoya and L are in one table. Hence, Minhee, Jaeun and Eunmi.

L leisurely sat beside Jaeun, pouting.

Jaeun gave him a look. “What?” She asked.

L pouted even more. “Well, you didn’t dance with me.” He beamed.

Jaeun just shook her head. How could L be so immature at times?

Hoya and Sunggyu just watched L change his cool and stoic personality in front of Jaeun. Hell. They didn’t know he would be like this. They haven’t even seen L pout. EVER.

Just this instance.

“Stop pouting! You are irriating!” Jaeun nagged.

L rolled his eyes and sat straight. “Now you’re the one who got the attitude to be like that.” He muttered under his breath as he drank up.

Jaeun shot him a glare having heard what he said. “Childish.” She shot.

L glared back at her. “Karate Kid who doesn’t know how to dance.” He shot back.

“Childish imbecile!”

“Girl with two left feet!”

“Death Note no brain!”

“Karate Kid nagger!”

“WHAT?!”

“You started it!”

No you started this!”

“No you!!!!”

“Aish! You listen you woman!!!! You started it!”

“Who told you?! You are the one who started it! You imbecile person who doesn’t know how to balance an equation!”

“NAGGER!”

Hoya, Eunmi, Sunggyu and Minhee just shook their heads as they watch this couple fight. Perhaps this is the only way these two would agree on.

BICKERING.

However, the girls find it sweet of L to bicker with the girl his eyes on. They can see that she is the only one that he talks to in the campus. A girl, I mean.

Jaeun is the only girl who L bickers with.

She is also the only girl who would make L stutter, seeming like he doesn’t know what to say.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jaeun sat on the pool area of the gathering. No one was there. And she loved how quiet it is.

This place gives her a feeling like her parents are with her. And when she looks up, she knows that somehow, one of those stars are her parents looking down and smiling at her.

She smiled. These are the times that she misses her parents so much. Even if she was orphaned early in her life, she still remembers everything her parents did for her. She still remember nice and happy memories she shared with her parents.

It was nice reminiscing each and every single memory. However, it makes her sad because in reality, those will forever remain part of memories. 

It has been some time since she experienced this kind of quietness. She was really like that. She wanted peace and quiet. She never really liked noisy places like this.

A party like this isn’t her kind of fun.

“What are you doing here?”

Jaeun looked at who came and smiled. “I just want to think.” She replied. “You should go back and have fun with the boys, Death Note.” She added.

L smiled and walked to her. “How can I have fun when you are not there?” He asked, softly as he flashed his heart-melting smile.

Jaeun blushed. She still isn’t used to this side of L – this courting side. Well, I guess, she would not get used to.

L looked at her blushing and smiled. He can make her blush like that! Isn’t he improving?

“So, what about relaxing here with the girl I treasure the most?” He asked as he led her to the empty bench and sat leisurely.

Jaeun immediately smiled.

‘The girl I treasure the most.’

Well, isn’t that one of the best sentences L had spoken in his whole life?

To Jaeun, it is.

She grew up without parents. And nobody had actually gave her the attention she needed when she was a child. No one was there to attend to her needs without looking at others as well.

She may not want to admit it but she wanted attention all to herself. Because that is what all kids think. They want to have all the attention they could get without sharing it to someone.

And what L is doing right now just makes Jaeun feel secured that she is the focus of L’s attention. The attention she had ever wanted.

L wrapped his arms around Jaeun. “Well, I didn’t think this would feel so romantic.” He said as he looked up to the stars. “Stargazing with you.” He added.

Jaeun smiled and leaned on L. Just this once. Let Karate Kid lean on Death Note.

L smiled as he felt her head on his shoulder. *That’s it, Jaeun. You can lean on me through everything.* He thought.

“Thanks.” Jaeun spoke.

L smiled. “For what?” He asked.

Jaeun breathed deeply. “For keeping me company tonight. For being here beside me instead of partying with the boys.” She beamed shyly but honestly.

She might not show it but she appreciates every single thing L is doing for her.

And she might not admit it but she is slowly giving in to this feeling in her heart.

She is slowly submitting herself to her heart. To her feelings. To her thoughts.

“I told you to make you happy everyday, right? I mean that.” L said, in a serious tone.

Jaeun immediately blushed.

“Jaeun, you are the only person that I have felt this feeling with. There is no one else. So, I am going to make you happy for the rest of your life.” L said.

Jaeun smiled and nodded. It is this side of L that she couldn’t resist. She couldn’t help but fall for this romantic L.

“Thanks. You don’t  know how happy I am that someone like you came into my life.” She said as she gazed at the stars.

*Mom. Dad. I think I have found the one. I don’t need a brother anymore. I just need this guy. I think I love him.*