The Plan 2.0

Luck And You

“Oppa, do you want me to give you more chocolates?” Krystal, one of L’s fan girls, was obviously acting cutesy and all for L’s attention. Gosh, she even bites her lower lip in a seductive way.

Jaeun rolled her eyes as she watched Krystal flirt with L.

“Are you mad?” Eunmi, from the other side, asked her.

Jaeun scoffed. “What? I am not. Why would I be mad? It’s not like we are dating or something!” She hissed.

Eunmi was a bit taken aback. I mean, she asked a one-word-reply question, and Jaeun, even though she was whispering, was obviously fuming.

Oh yes, she is mad.

“Ah, no, Krystal, I’ve got enough.” L smiled and refused politely. Of course, for the plan, he just needs to act nice in front of those fan girls. He doesn’t really act nice but he wants to see perfect results from Dongwoo and Woohyun’s plan.

Krystal was not even taken aback with L’s refusal. In fact, she even got closer to him. Yes, people, she sat on L’s desk.

L’s eyes widened at Krystal’s distance. He didn’t think a woman could be this straight forward and full of guts.

“Then what do you want, Oppa? I can give it to you.” She asked seductively.

Jaeun, who heard that, almost choked on her own saliva.

L looked at Jaeun who was ‘reading’ her chemistry notes and gulped. *Damn, she doesn’t even budge!* He thought. For once, he wanted Jaeun to react overtly. He wanted to see a jealous Jaeun.

But no. Jaeun was covertly jealous.

Pride maybe. She doesn’t want L to see that she is jealous because…

She doesn’t have to be jealous in the first place. She is not L’s girl and L is not hers. So, does that leave some space for jealousy?

Jealousy is just really out of place because they are not official.

“Ah? Errr…” L’s mind wasn’t even working. He was thinking of Jaeun and was a bit disappointed that she doesn’t even budge.

Krystal batted her eye lashes as she waited for L’s response.

L was thinking of what to reply when suddenly, the History teacher arrived. Oh gosh! Thank heavens! Saved by the teacher, eh?

“Later, Krystal. We’ll talk later, okay?” He asked.

Krystal giggled and gave L a peck on the cheek. “Sure, oppa!” She replied happily as she walked to her seat.

L was taken aback. Oh yeah, she kissed his cheek. He suddenly became conscious. Of course, Jaeun somewhat saw that. But…

Jaeun breathed really deep for a few times to calm herself as Krystal kissed L’s cheek. Damn, she gripped on her notebook too tightly that made the sides of her notes to get crumpled.

She shut her eyes closed tightly as she internalized everything that she is feeling. Gosh, she needs to be calm and she knows that.

*Chill, Kwon Jaeun. Chill.* She thought as she breathed deeply.

It took her about 17 deep breaths before she went back to her old self again.

Do you know how hard that was for her?

It was hardest part of her day.

L looked at Jaeun. She looked sick and all. He smiled. So maybe it’s an improvement?

 

Jaeun didn’t even dare glance at L the whole time. She didn’t even bother to ask if he wants a tutor session today because she couldn’t understand all the feels she is experiencing. She was murderous. She was dangerous. She was about to kill a girl named Krystal who is constant lurking around L the whole day, making her out of L’s sight.

“Are you okay, Jae?” Eunmi asked as they approached Infinite in the canteen.

Hell, yeah. Infinite with Krystal of course.

Jaeun sighed hard and rolled her eyes. Eunmi caught that.

“You want to eat out?” Eunmi asked. “I know it’s not a good idea to eat with them right now.” She continued.

Jaeun looked at Eunmi and smiled weakly. “Why wouldn’t it be a good idea to eat with them? It’s cool. Let’s go and eat.” She replied as she walked to Infinite’s table.

Eunmi sighed. “But you look like you would kill someone today.” She mumbled as she followed her.

Jaeun sat beside Dongwoo and Woohyun because that was the only seat available. She wouldn’t want to seat beside Hoya because that’s Eunmi’s.

L looked at Jaeun (she’s seated in front of him) who obviously doesn’t look like she’s fine at all. She looks ill. And yes, he was dying just as much as Jaeun is because she wouldn’t even utter a word to him. Not even a ‘hey’.

L sighed inwardly as he ate his food weakly.

“Oppa, you look bad. Are you okay?” Krystal asked.

L glanced at Jaeun first, who was eating her own food, before looking at Krystal. “Uh? Yes. I’m fine.” He replied then glanced at Jaeun again.

Woohyun and Dongwoo were sniffing in their seats. Hell, they know their plan is working and they are feeling proud of themselves.

Jaeun gripped on her chopsticks as tight as she could and contained all the ‘jealousy’ she is feeling.

“Are you okay, Jaeun? You don’t look good like L.” Woohyun asked. Okay, he intentionally added L’s name in his sentence because… just because it was fun teasing her and L this way.

Jaeun looked at Woohyun. “Uh? Yes. I’m fine.” She replied exactly the same as L did.

Hoya and Sungyeol snickered.

Sungjong was looking at L and Jaeun alternately.

Sunggyu, okay, Sunggyu is being himself, out of this world.

“Wow, did you plan to answer the same answer?” Dongwoo teased.

“THE QUESTION WAS THE SAME!” Jaeun and L chorused which made Hoya and Sungyeol laugh even more.

“Aren’t they just adorable?” Sungjong asked.

L and Jaeun gave him a death glare.

“Okay! Okay! You are not adorable!” Sungjong immediately retracted what he said.

L and Jaeun sighed hard and sat properly on their respective places.

Woohyun gave Dongwoo a thumb up. Hell, they did their job well.

 

---

Class was almost over and Jaeun hasn’t still talked to L, which made L helluh worried once again. *Damn. Why don’t she talk to me?* He thought as he stared at her listening well to the teacher.

*Should I talk to her now?* He thought but then he sighed. *No. I’ll wait till dismissal.* He told himself as he gave his hyungs an emergency look. “What do I do?” He mouthed.

Dongwoo and Woohyun just gave him a ‘just you wait’ gesture.

L sighed and stared at Jaeun once again. *Come on, Karate Kid, why don’t you talk to me?* He asked her in his mind.

“Class dismissed.”

L didn’t even wait for the teacher to leave, he immediately grabbed Jaeun’s hand and walked her to the school’s rooftop.

“Wait, Myungsoo, why are you dragging me away?” Jaeun asked as she pulled herself from L.

L gave her a look. “Now you’re talking to me.” He spoke. “I thought you’ve gone mute on me the whole day.” He continued.

*I was about to.* Jaeun thought as she looked away.

L sighed. “What’s the problem?” He asked. “Why are you not talking to me?” He asked again. *I am never going to ask why she’s jealous. I have to have her say she is.* He thought.

Jaeun rolled her eyes. “Nothing. Just another bad day for me.” She replied, lying, looking away.

L gave her an ‘I don’t believe you look’. “You really at lying, Kwon Jaeun.” He said as he walked closer to her. Jaeun, instinctively, stepped back and back and back until she reached the railings. Dang, she was trapped.

L trapped her in between his arms. “Now, mind telling me the truth?” He asked. His face was too close and Jaeun couldn’t even concentrate. Her heart was beating fast and her mind is focused on nothing and her eyes are all into L’s lips.

Jaeun shut her eyes and composed herself again. She looked at L’s eyes. He was waiting for a true answer. She breathed deeply. “Okay. A-a-I was…” She gulped. *Jealous.* “Not comfortable seeing you with Krystal…” L smiled. “A-and I don’t like girls giving you gifts and being too close to you. It just doesn’t seem right because you knew my heart and I know yours and I was just scared that at the end of the day you wou-“

L couldn’t wait any longer. He pressed his lips against hers. “I love you. Have you forgotten about that?” He asked.

Jaeun smiled. “I love you too.” Finally, she responded.