Pull

Luck And You

 

“I heard L and his tutor have been working things out.” Lea, one of Jiae’s friends told her as they are in the café, waiting for Infinite to come over and join them.

Jiae looked at her friend with a raised eye brow. “What does that supposed to mean?” She asked in her irritated tone.

Sara, another friend leaned. “They said they are always seen in the library studying.” She said.

Jiae rolled her eyes. “Of course they should study! That is what she is paid for right?” She asked in a duh tone.

Lea looked at her with wide eyes. “Don’t you even think of what they are actually doing?” She asked.

Sara nodded. “They might look like they are studying but what if they are doing something MORE THAN studying?” She asked as well.

Jiae narrowed her eyes on her friends. “Don’t even go there, you girls. I will kill that if she does something funny with my boyfriend.” She said.

Her friends shrugged. “Maybe you should start moving now?” They asked.

Jiae rolled her eyes as Infinite came in, attracting the ladies’ attention.

“Oh, your boyfriend.” Sara mocked.

Jiae glared at her. “Shut up.” She said as she smiled at L. “Hi, babe.” She said as she stood and kissed him on the lips.

L smiled. “Missed me that much?” He asked making Infinite look disgusted at them.

Jiae giggled. “I did! Did you?” She asked back flirtatiously.

L smiled and nodded. “Of course!” He replied sweetly as they sat side by side.

Infinite sat as well as Mina came for their orders.

“Good morning! I am Mina. Are you ready to order, Sirs/Ma’ams?” She asked enthusiastically and lively.

Sungjong looked at her. “Where is Jaeun noona?” He asked curiously.

Upon hearing the word ‘Jaeun’, L immediately turned to listen.

Mina smiled. “She is on a special day off today.” She replied.

“Special day off?” Hoya asked.

“Like a date?” Sunggyu asked.

Mina smiled. “If someone is with you, you can call that a date, right?” She replied politely.

The 6 boys of Infinite nodded and laughed.

“So, Jaeun is with someone right now? Wow. He must be so lucky having a smart girl with him!” Woohyun beamed.

“Must be heaven for the guy!” Dongwoo said adding compliments to Jaeun.

Jiae and her friends rolled their eyes on the compliments that Infinite has been giving to Jaeun.

Sungyeol grinned as he looked at L. “So, what does the student think about his tutor who is out on a date today?” He asked.

L rolled his eyes. “What do I need to think about anyway?” He asked with his poker face.

Sungyeol rolled his eyes as well. “Tch. PMS boy.” He muttered as he smiled at Mina.

Mina smiled back. “Are you ready to order?” She asked.

Everyone nodded.

Mina wrote down their orders and bowed. “Thank you. I’ll be back with your orders.” She smiled as she walked to the counter.

Then the door of the café opened revealing Eunmi and Insoo. The two looked like they are looking for somebody else.

“She is not here.” Eunmi told Insoo.

Insoo looked all over the place. “Where did she go? She is not in her house as well.” He whined.

“She is not even answering her phone.” Eunmi added.

Insoo lit up when he saw Mina. “Let’s ask Mina.” He suggested.

Eunmi nodded and walked to the counter.

But before reaching the counter, the two noticed Infinite and Jiae’s troupe.

“Hi, Eunmi!” Hoya happily greeted.

Eunmi blushed and smiled shyly. “Hello, Howon-ssi.” She replied.

Insoo looked at Eunmi who was blushing while talking to Hoya. Then his eyes landed on L. “You are here.” He said.

L smirked. “Well, hello to you too.” He replied.

Insoo rolled his eyes and took Eunmi to the counter.

“Mina!” Insoo greeted happily.

Mina looked at him and Eunmi. “Oh, you’re here!” She beamed. “Jaeun’s not around.” She informed.

Insoo looked at her. “Where did she go?” He asked.

Mina smiled. “She went to buy things for the children’s party.” She replied.

Insoo and Eunmi’s eyes widened. “Alone?!” They chorused.

Mina shook her head. “She is with someone else.” She replied.

Eunmi and Insoo narrowed their eyes on her. “With who?” They asked in unison.

“The new boy she met. I think his name is Minwoo.” Mina replied.

Eunmi narrowed her eyes. “She actually went with a new guy?” She asked in disbelief. “That is so not Kwon Jaeun.” She said still not believing.

Mina smiled. “Maybe she likes him.” She suggested a thought.

“IMPOSSIBLE!” Insoo and Eunmi chorused loudly making people look at them. They bowed in apology.

Insoo leaned closer. “There is no way Jaeun would like someone she just met. It would be hard on her to like someone she knew for years even.” He said in a low voice.

Eunmi nodded.

Mina looked at them. “Maybe this is the time for her to like someone else, right?” She asked.

“NO!” Insoo and Eunmi shouted again.

“Down low, you two.”

Insoo’s, Mina’s and Eunmi’s eyes widened as they heard a voice.

Mina smiled. “Hi, Jae!” She beamed.

Insoo and Eunmi looked behind and saw Jaeun with a cool – looking guy who was smiling on them. “Hi, Jaeun.” They chorused.

Jaeun gave them a look. “What are you doing here shouting like mad persons?” She asked.

Insoo and Eunmi grinned. “Nothing, Jae.” They answered.

Jaeun nodded. “Okay.” She said as she placed the things she bought in the space below the counter. “Put it here, Minwoo.” She told Minwoo.

Insoo eyed this new man as he looked at Jaeun.

Jaeun blinked at him. “What?” She asked.

Insoo narrowed his eyes. “Who is he?” he asked raising his brow.

Jaeun looked at Minwoo. “Ah. This is Minwoo.” She introduced. “He is new here and he is a new employee in this café.” She added.

“Minwoo, this is Eunmi and Insoo, my friends.” Jaeun introduced.

Minwoo smiled and shook hands with Eunmi and Insoo. “Nice to meet you two!” He beamed enthusiastically.

Eunmi smiled at him. “You too.” She bowed.

Insoo nodded.

“Jae, can you deliver this to Table 5?” Mina asked.

Jaeun nodded and took the orders and went to Table 5. “Hello, these are your orders.” She bowed before looking at the persons in the said table.

“Hello, noona!” Sungjong beamed.

Jaeun smiled. “Hello.” She smiled as she placed the orders on their table.

“This is not my order.” Jiae talked all of a sudden pushing the mocha coffee back to Jaeun.

Jaeun looked at her. “But that’s what’s in the receipt, Jiae.” She insisted.

Jiae looked at her with her y look. “So are you trying to tell me that I am wrong?” She asked in her y tone.

Jaeun looked at her. “I am not trying to imply something but all I am saying is that you ordered that. It is in this receipt.” She replied as calmly as she could.

Jiae looked at her in disbelief. “Are you kidding me?” She asked.

“No.” Jaeun replied in a serious tone. “You are kidding me.” She added.

Jiae glared at her. “You .” She said as she spilled the hot coffee on Jaeun making her flinch in pain.

Everyone’s eyes widened in shock.

“JAEUN!”

L and Minwoo called.

Minwoo ran over to Jaeun and pulled her behind him. He looked at Jiae. “How could you do that?” He asked in anger.

Jaeun was flinching in pain as her skin got burned by the coffee.

L stared at her in shock. He glared at Jiae. “Why the hell did you do that?” He asked in anger.

Jiae looked at him in disbelief. “Why are you fighting me?!” She asked back.

L rolled his eyes and went out the café pulling Jaeun behind him, leaving everyone in awe.