Getting Weirder Everyday

Luck And You

 

Jaeun has sighed in relief this day.

Sunday.

She wished it was always Sunday because just then, she doesn’t have to tutor or see or have any interaction with L.

Since that day when L got sick, she and L had never had a meeting that is not awkward. It has been a week though. And it’s really been different after that week.

Jaeun doesn’t know what exactly is this jumpy feeling of her heart when L is around. She doesn’t exactly know the cause but she is sure that this is not normal.

Who would actually have her heart getting all jumpy when a guy comes near her, right?

Perhaps, it’s just Kwon Jaeun.

And she is so grateful that today is one of those chosen days where she doesn’t need to see or hear Kim Myungsoo.

What a relief.

She smiled to herself as she looked into the mirror before grabbing her bag and going to work.

 

L hated this feeling.

He hated when he feels like he want something but he doesn’t exactly know what he specifically wants.

It feels like his mind is betraying him.

He sighed hard as he rolled over for the nth time.

Poor L. It must be hard to want something, or someone, but you don’t exactly know what, or shall I say it’s hard denying your own feelings.

“What do I want to do today?” He asked himself as he faced the ceiling, trying to think of something productive to do.

Well, it’s Sunday. There are not much to do, as a matter of fact.

If L was a diligent student, he could’ve opened his notes and reviewed his lessons but no, he will definitely not do that.

Jaeun couldn’t even convince him to open the first page of the Chemistry book, let alone on a Sunday where he has all the time in the world.

No.

A big NO.

L’s heart began racing faster by the thought of Kwon Jaeun.

It has been happening for the past few days, actually. And it has been awkward between them.

It’s awkward and L doesn’t even know why he can’t find his normal self to bicker with Kwon Jaeun again.

It was like he had swallowed all the “DEATH NOTE KID” aura and he couldn’t even bear to look at her without this unusual beating of his heart.

Why is it even racing?

Why does he seem so nervous every time he sees her?

And you know what kills him the most?

He is seated beside Jaeun.

She is his tutor.

And he has to stay with her behind because of those ‘stupid’ teaching lessons they have to accomplish.

When did this even start again?

L sighed as he got out of bed because of his mom’s call.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Jaeun, take this to table 4.” Minwoo ordered Jaeun.

Jaeun nodded obediently and brought what table 4 had ordered. “Order’s complete, Ma’am/Sir?” She asked at the customers who nodded.

Jaeun sighed as she went back to the counter. It was just her and Minwoo.

Mina was out because she ‘apparently’ had a date with Insoo, who Jaeun unknowingly is courting Mina already.

Not to mention, Insoo is like Jaeun’s brother already! (A/N: Sorry for not talking about others for a while. And I think you all don’t remember these names anymore. T____T)

Minwoo looked at her. “Tired already?” He asked with his bright smile and deep dimples.

Jaeun smiled back and shook her head. “No. I was just releasing bad vibes?” She replied.

Minwoo looked sternly. “Bad vibes?” He asked.

Jaeun chuckled. “Nothing. Just releasing some unknown feelings.” She rephrased.

Minwoo scoffed. “Unknown feelings huh?” HE raised his brow. “Sorry. Are you apparently in love, Kwon Jaeun-ssi?” He asked jokingly.

Jaeun gave him a sarcastic look. “Why would you ask that, Han Minwoo-nim?” She asked back.

Minwoo shrugged. “I don’t know. I just happen to see a certain glow in your eyes.” He said. “Don’t tell me you are falling in love with me already?” He asked, teasing.

Jaeun looked at him, shocked of how this man actually can pull of an awkward joke on her. That was just unbelievable. *Death Note Kid hasn’t even cracked that kind of joke in front of me before!* She unconsciously thought.

*Wait, what?! Kwon Jaeun what the hell are you thinking?!* She asked herself as she scolded herself mentally.

“Hey? Are you okay?” Minwoo shook her back to her senses.

Jaeun smiled and nodded. “Yeah. I was just thinking of something.” She replied, trying to cover.

Minwoo gave her an unconvinced look. But Jaeun was fast enough to laugh at him. “Don’t give me that look. I know.” She mused as Minwoo laughed at her.

“You are one funny, girl.” He said as he pinched her cheek.

Jaeun groaned.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

L couldn’t explain that certain uncomfortable feeling when he entered Lee Café.

That scene of Jaeun and that Minwoo guy had made his day reach an uncomfortable state.

He entered the café with the girls looking his way. Well, what is new? L is still L, the hottest guy in Seoul.

He sat near the window, like the usual, where he could secretly actually glance at the counter.

Much to his liking, Jaeun walked to him with her usual uniform and the order notebook.

“What are you going to order?” She asked him with her usual irritated voice when L is around.

L smirked as he looked at her. “I might as well just want to talk to my tutor about something.” He said.

Jaeun gave him an irritated look. He knows she is annoyed right now. “What do you want?” She asked.

L grinned. “My mom told me something a while back.” He said. “Why don’t you sit first, Karate Kid?” He suggested.

“I’m working, Death Note.” She replied. “Just order anything and let me leave.” She snapped.

L raised his brows. “Okay. I’ll make it short, so that you can go back to your man over there.” He started as he stood up.

Jaeun looked at him confused. But she didn’t manage to talk back.

“Mom said there will be a gathering this coming month and it will actually be like a prom of something. And the tutors will be INFINITE’s partner.” He paused as he looked at the unreadable expression on Jaeun’s face.

“It’s okay if you don’t want to come. I am not obliging you.” He added. “Just let me know.” He continued.

Jaeun stared at him.

“That’s all I was going to say.” He said. “You may now go back to what you are doing a while ago with your man.” He finished as he walked out of the café.

Jaeun froze in her spot as she watched L walk out of the door.

“Why is he so weird?” She asked herself, absorbing every single thing L said.

She narrowed her eyes. “Who is that ‘YOUR MAN’ he is talking about?” She asked again.

*WHY IS EVERYTHING GETTING WEIRDER EVERYDAY?!!!!* She thought as she walked back to the counter.

 

 

 

=================

CHECK OUT THIS NEW L. JOE - HANA FIC!

It's entitled, "L. Joe, My Secret Fiance"

Thank you! It will start very soon. ^^