Almost Done

Luck And You

“You’re awake.”

L almost cried when he saw Jaeun’s eyes open. He immediately pulled her into a tight hug. “Thank God, you’re awake!” He said as he caressed Jaeun’s back.

Jaeun smiled at the hug. “Why? Did you even think I would die?” She teased L as she laughed.

L wrinkled his nose and glared at her. “Tch. Didn’t you know how crazy I was during those freaking 4 hours that you are gone?” He exasperated. “Damn it! I thought I would die!”

Jaeun chuckled. “I’m fine now, though, aren’t I?” She gave him an assuring smile. “Forget about it, Death Note!” She beamed.

L sighed and pulled her in another hug. “Thank God they didn’t do anything to you.” He hissed as he kissed her hair.

Jaeun smiled. She’s grateful that aside from the hair grabbing incident before she lost her consciousness, they didn’t touch her. Well, Jiae slapped her, but that’s not a big deal.

“Where’s Jaejoong?” She asked.

L looked at her. “He’s in therecovery room. He’s stable.” He replied. “Good thing he was not shot in a critical area.” He added.

Jaeun nodded. “Thank God.” She said as she smiled weakly.

Somehow, after hearing everything from Kim Jaejoong, she realized that he is not that evil. If he was, then he would have shot her the first time he saw her. Perhaps, if Jaejoong didn’t have a heart, he would shot her randomly instead of kidnapping her.

He was just desperate for love. He just wanted to prove himself.

He was crying for help.

He didn’t intend to destroy.

And what she saw was, no matter how harsh his words towards Jiyong are, she still heard a voice full of concern. He still cares.

He was just mad. He was just frustrated.

He didn’t hate her brother at all.

“What about Jiae?” She asked L.

L sighed. “She’s with Jaejoong, I guess.” He replied.

Jaeun nodded. Of course, she also saw Jiae’s love for Jaejoong. Her eyes gave her away. Her eyes are all on Jaejoong and she looks at him so dearly.

After all, Jaejoong helped her be whole again.

“Her mom was here and she apologized for everything Jiae has done to you.” L said. “She also said that she would take her away for a while and reflect on her actions.”

Jaeun nodded. Well, at least Jiae has a mother who loves her so much. “It’s okay.” She replied. “She was just a victim of her emotions.”

L looked at Jaeun.

“What?” She asked.

L shook his head. “Nothing. You just sound so mature.” He beamed.

Jaeun rolled her eyes and threw him a pillow.

L’s eyes widened as he caught the pillow. “Yah!” He beamed as he wrestled Jaeun on the bed.

--

“Are you going to talk to him?” Taeyang asked Jiyong.

The five of them are standing in front of Kim Jaejoong’s hospital room.

Jiyong sighed. “You should’ve killed him, Seunghyun.” He told TOP. “You are a sniper for nothing!” He beamed as he messed his hair.

TOP laughed. “Why? Did I leave you apologetic now?” He mocked.

Jiyong glared at him.

TOP shrugged. “I let him live because you two have some unfinished business.” He said. “But you should thank me because the war didn’t last long.” He boasted.

Jiyong shook his head as he turned the knob of Jaejoong’s room. He took a deep breath. “You don’t have to follow.” He told his friends.

The four nodded and motioned him to go inside.

Jiyong opened the door and peeped in. He saw Jaejoong sitting on his bed while looking outside his window.

Jaejoong settled his eyes on Jiyong as he heard a sound from the door.

Jiyong sighed and walked to him. “I guess bad people really die hard.” He told him.

Jaejoong scoffed, then laughed. “Is that a good or a bad thing?” He asked back.

Jiyong just shook his head and walked to the couch near the bed. “Where’s your girl?” He asked.

Jaejoong sighed. “Well, she went home. I let her. Her mom was here and she needed to rest.” He replied as he looked at his hand with the intravenous tubing connected. “It’s been a while, Kwon Jiyong.” He smirked.

Jiyong smirked back. “Well, yeah. It’s been a while.” He replied. “But nothing still has changed.” He added.

Jaejoong nodded. “Yes. Nothing changed. You’re still the bastard, I’m still the weaker one.” He spoke softly.

Jiyong looked at Jaejoong. It must be really hard for him. This life. Jiyong knows what Jaejoong wants. He wants to be loved. He wants to be cared about. But his parents didn’t even bother about his needs. They even took the only girl he loved. The only girl who made him happy. The only girl who made him alive.

“Sulking wouldn’t make you stronger, punk.” Jiyong told him.

Jaejoong laughed. “Well, I know that, Kwon Einstein.” He teased.

Jiyong rolled his eyes on him. “So, what do you plan now?” He asked.

Jaejoong shrugged. “I don’t know. Should I do anything?” He asked back. “Run the company, run business and illegal transactions. Fight.” He replied.

Jiyong took a deep breath as he looked at his friend, his long lost best friend. “Yeah right, better beat me first.” He remarked.

Jaejoong chuckled and shook his head. “Well, too bad now, that’s not my goal anymore.” He said. “Before, I always thought that maybe, I should pull you down from the pedestal you were in. I need to be as strong as you for me to be able to pull you down.”

Jiyong listened and didn’t utter a single word. He crossed his arms across his chest and waited for Jaejoong to pour his heart out.

“But that was after years ago. When she died.” Jaejoong looked down. “I was too mad and I want to bring you down because I know that you love her. I thought you were the person who killed her. Because I thought that maybe you were thinking that if you can’t have her, then, no one should have her at all. Not even me, your best friend.” He chuckled. “I was so stupid. I blamed you more and more everyday even though I know that you didn’t do anything wrong. I know you didn’t kill her. And I know my parents killed her.”

Jiyong looked at Jaejoong. Of course he knows.

“I was so weak because I can’t accept the fact that she died. She has left me when she is the only one I need in this world. I couldn’t blame myself. I don’t want to blame myself.” Jaejoong added. “But after meeting Jiae, everything was changed. I tried to always be man for her. I met her when she was at her worst. She was so wasted and I wanted to kill the man who made her that way. Until I learned that the man is your sister’s boyfriend.”

“I wanted to kill him. Kill her. And my hatred for you fired up. I wanted to kill all of you. I felt like I was a psycho.” Jaejoong beamed as he ran his fingers through his hair. “But then I saw Kim Myungsoo. I saw myself in him. I saw myself in him because he felt weak that he couldn’t save the woman he loves. I hated it. I hated it. But then, I couldn’t bring myself to kill his only happiness.”

Jiyong listened with a crooked eyebrow.

“Because if I do that, then, how am I different from my parents?” Jaejoong asked. “I don’t want to be like them. I was just too late to realize that.”

Jiyong nodded. “I have never imagined you to be like them, Jaejoong. You’re one of the best people I have met in my life.” He said. “You won’t drown yourself into hatred because I know that you are a good person deep inside.”

Jaejoong looked at Jiyong and smiled. He narrowed his eyes on him. “Are you charming me?” He mocked.

Jiyong widened his eyes. “What?!” He exasperated.

Jaejoong laughed. “Dude, your face was priceless.” He held onto his stomach.

“BASTARD!” Jiyong yelled as he took whatever fruit he could grab and threw it to Jaejoong.

The fruit unfortunately landed on Jaejoong’s injured shoulder and he winced in pain.

“OWWW! THAT’S FOUL, YOU MAFIA LEADER! OUCH!”

Jiyong laughed at Jaejoong’s pain and took a bite on an apple.

“But Kim Jaejoong,” he called his friend.

“WHAT?!” Jaejoong hollered because he was still in pain.

Jiyong smiled. “Thanks for not hurting my sister.” He beamed. He wasn’t going to apologize. He never did wrong. He went here to thank Jaejoong.

Jiyong is overprotective of Jaeun and he wouldn’t want her hurt. He is thankful that Jaejoong didn’t hurt Jaeun.

Jaejoong smirked. “Well, I told you I don’t want to be a monster.” He shrugged. “And besides, she’s the only family you have.”

 

 

----

The next update will be the last. :(