The Calm Day

Luck And You

 

---------------

“Wake up, Death Note.” Jaeun hissed at L who is sleeping in History class for the nth time.

L stirred up and smiled at her but then went back to sleeping.

Jaeun rolled her eyes in disgust and embarrassment because the teacher is already looking at them (yes to her as well because she is not doing anything to wake her seatmate up). “The teacher’s looking, you dimwit!” She hissed once more.

“Let her be.” L mumbled as he continued sleeping.

On the other hand, the teacher is already fuming with anger to the point that she almost even broken the whiteboard marker because she has been gripping on it too tightly. “Kim Myungsoo, Kwon Jaeun, detention after class!” She exclaimed, waking the guts of Kim Myungsoo up.

He glared at the teacher. “What?!” He asked as he raised his brow.

The teacher, however, looked at him with angry eyes. “Detention for the whole week, Mr. Kim Myungsoo!” She beamed making L scoff in disbelief.

“You do know who my mother is, don’t you?” He asked, using the power of her family to get out of this mess.

“I do know her too well, I guess.” The teacher replied. Tougher than what L thought she could be. *I guess the teachers are like Karate Kid too.* He thought as he sighed hard.

“Cut it out for Jaeun, I will do the detention alone.” He said as everyone cooed at his gentleman remark.

Jaeun, as usual, is blushing on her seat as she heard L’s words unexpectedly.

She looked over Eunmi who was giving her hi-five and the rest of the infinite boys who were cheering on.

The teacher, who is shocked about what happened, sighed in disbelief. “Okay. All on you, Mr. Kim.” She said as she continued the lecture. *Kids in love.* She thought as she smiled to herself.

 

-------

“Why would you do that, Death Note?” Jaeun asked L as they were walking towards the lockers.

Jaeun still couldn’t believe what L did. He went against the rules for her. He took the blame. And although it is sweet (yes, she even blushed like crazy), it still doesn’t change the fact that L defied the authority.

L sighed. “How could I let you get into detention when you are listening to her attentively?” He asked her with voice full of concern.

Jaeun was taken aback by what L said. She couldn’t help but feel overwhelmed by his endless reminder of his love and concern for her.  “The point is, it is still not the right thing to do.” She replied.

L opened up the locker and brought in her books. “It’s okay. You don’t have to worry, okay?” He assured. “I would just sleep it off in detention.” He smiled.

Jaeun felt relieved that L would attend detention for the nth time with acceptance. “Okay. I’ll wait for you.” She said. Well, that’s the least she could do.

L chuckled. “Why are you acting like that?” He asked.

“Like what?” Jaeun asked back.

L smiled. “Why are you acting like my girlfriend?” He asked, fighting the urge to giggle in happiness. Oh if only other people know that L has these kinds of moments too.

Jaeun suddenly felt the blood rush to her face. Oh right, why is she acting like his girl friend anyway? “You don’t like me to?” This was the only sentence that came to her mind. Who could think straight when L had already caught her off guard. It was a fearless remark and she couldn’t even fight it off, knowing that she is Karate Kid.  

L chuckled. “Trust me. I’d love to have you act this way.” He beamed.

Jaeun smiled. “Then, you can get used to it then.” She replied as she walked passed him.

L looked at her, processing what she said. Then it hit him. “Again?!” He couldn’t believe what he heard and he doesn’t want to interpret what she said.

Jaeun was trying so hard to suppress her smile as she walked on and L followed her to the lockers.

Okay. Finally it is setting in. Finally she is seeing where this is going. Finally she sees her future with L, beside her, pestering her, comforting her and always being there for her. Finally she realized that.

The way she remembers how terrible L was when they first met, and how he is right now, it just gives her the feels. Like a fangirl. Hah. She couldn’t believe it was even possible to like someone you had hated so much in your life. This is like a fan fiction. She knows it.

“What are you smiling at?” L caught up with her and caught her smiling on her own.

She suppressed the smile and looked at L innocently. “Who is smiling? Me?” She denied.

L chuckled. “Yes, my lady. Aren’t you the one who is in all smiles while walking here and there?” He validated.

Jaeun shook her head. “I am not smiling. Why would I smile?” She asked innocently.

L shrugged his shoulders. “I don’t know. Maybe because you are with the most awesome man in town?” He retorted, snickering.

Jaeun frowned. “Wow. What a boisterous remark.” She mocked as she laughed.

“It’s a fact.” L insisted.

Jaeun shook her head. “No way, Anne Hathaway. What a prank.” She teased.

L laughed. “Whatever.” He said as he held Jaeun’s hand, making Jaeun feel uneasy again. In a good way though.

When L becomes this sweet, she doesn’t know how to even react. It’s like her body doesn’t go well with her brain. She’s not feeling any better. But it doesn’t mean she doesn’t like it. It just feels different. Weird.

“HAH! I knew it. You would blush like that.” He teased.

Jaeun immediately took her hand off L’s and rolled her eyes, looking away. “Whatever.” She said as she walked faster, making L ran after her laughing.

Oh. What’s life.

 

------

“What do you think of this?” Hoya was asking Eunmi about a rap song he was listening to as Jaeun and L joined the group.

Eunmi looked at Hoya sourly. Dang, she hates these types of music. But she likes Hoya too much. But she really hates these types of music.

“No?” Hoya asked. Eunmi nodded. Hoya groaned.

“Woah! Baby, you are here.” Sungyeol yelled and joked as he sandwich hugged Jaeun, making everyone startled.

”Eh-Air.” Jaeun was gasping in Yeol’s tight hug.

“Oops.” Sungyeol beamed as he saw L glaring at him. “My bad.” He laughed awkwardly as he lets go of Jaeun. “I didn’t know you’re prince is here.” He teased more.

Jaeun hit Sungyeol’s arm lightly as she moved so that L could seat.

“Aigoo. L and Jaeun, huh? Are you two together already?” Woohyun interrogated.

The two blushed. “Not yet.” L managed to answer. “But the Karate Kid is starting to break away.” He chuckled as he looked at Jaeun.

Jaeun gave him a look. “What are you talking about? I am not.” She denied but was smiling and blushing. It was obvious that she is lying. And yes, she was giddy. It was written all over her face.

“Denial queen.” Eunmi remarked making Jaeun to narrow her eyes on her.

Eunmi just stuck her tongue at her. “Oh, by the way, how did it go with your brother?” She asked.

Jaeun suddenly went back to her senses. “Oh. He is good. He actually has this kind of executive vibe. But I don’t know. I’m still not used to having someone around me. I mean, I was used to being alone. So, I think it’s hard for me to accept him this early yet.” She replied. “But I acknowledge him already.” She added.

Eunmi and the boys nodded.

“Well, we can’t blame you. You have been alone for almost all of your life, noona.” Sungjong beamed.

Jaeun smiled and nodded.

“You have me now.” L assured. “You have us. We’ll be here for you. Always.” He smiled.

Jaeun smiled and nodded. “Thanks.” She replied. “You guys are the best, really.” She beamed.

“Of course, we are, dongsaeng!” Dongwoo beamed.

Jaeun chuckled.

L was staring at her. He was too mesmerized in the situation that he already found himself immersed in the most beautiful view for him – Kwon Jaeun.

He loves how she smiles. He loves how she talks. He loves how she makes other people’s day bright because of her “FIGHTING” aura. He loves how she makes him feel like he is the luckiest man alive with just being by his side.

Ugh.

L really has this time to feel hopeless romantic right?

“Why are you staring at me?” Jaeun whispered.

L suddenly came back on his senses. “I don’t know. Maybe I am mesmerized by your beauty?” That certain pick up line made Jaeun blush the darker shade of red. Really.

“You’re blushing. Was I too sweet? Can’t handle my sweetness?” He asked again.

Jaeun rolled her eyes. “Whatever.”

L chuckled. “Cute as always.” He muttered.

Jaeun looked at him. “Oh! My brother texted me. He said he wants us for dinner tonight.” L nodded. “With his friends.”

L suddenly felt this certain anxiety. Ready for the INTERROGATION.