Changes

Luck And You

 

“So, what is the difference between covalent and ionic bond?” Teacher Jung asked she walked back and forth in the aisle of the chairs.

No one wanted to recite.

Well one, Teacher Jung is one of the strictest instructors in the institution.

Two, she doesn’t like hearing wrong answers.

Three, she would call anyone and whoever she had laid her eyes on.

“Kim Myungsoo, can you tell me the answer?” She asked as she eyed L who was looking far away.

Jaeun looked at L. *I hope he still remembers what I told him.* She prayed as she waited for L to answer.

L looked at her and met her eyes. It seems like he did not hear the question.

Teacher Jung raised her brow. “I heard you have a tutor, Mr. Kim. I hope she teaches you well. And I hope she taught you about this already.” She said as she eyed Jaeun.

Jaeun gulped and ducked her head.

L raised his brow. “Can you repeat your question, Ma’am?” He asked as politely as he could.

Teacher Jung sighed. “What is the difference between ionic and covalent bond?” She asked.

L glanced at Jaeun, who seemed like praying, first before proceeding to the question. “Simple.” He said. “Covalent bond includes two nonmetals that have similar electronegativities. Neither atom is "strong" enough to attract electrons from the other. For stabilization, they share their electrons from outer molecular orbit with others.” He said.

“And Ionic bond is formed between a metal and a non-metal. Non-metals (- ion) are "stronger" than the metal (+ ion) and can get electrons very easily from the metal. These two opposite ions attract each other and form the ionic bond.” He replied confidently as he sat down.

Jaeun looked at him in shock. *Did he really answer the question correctly?* She thought as she stared at L in disbelief.

L looked at her and smirked. “I studied, right?” He asked as he flashed his infamous wink.

Jaeun rolled her eyes. “Whatever.” She replied. *But he remembered. Achievement.* She thought.

Teacher Jung looked at L in utter shock as well. Well, everyone is.

Infinite’s eyes can even fall off their orbits as they saw L answer a hard question by the strictest of all the instructors at school.

*Is the world ending?* They all thought as they blinked at L.

L just answered the question precisely and correctly with all the details.

Isn’t that a miracle?

A miracle that everyone, especially Jaeun, has been waiting for.

“Seems like the tutor session is working for you, Kim Myungsoo.” Teacher Jung spoke, impressed. “I hope the rest of your friends are like that too.” She added.

L smirked. “Of course.” He said in confidence. “My tutor is doing her job well. That’s why.” He replied to Jaeun’s shock.

She looked at him. *What the hell is he talking about?* She thought as she glared at L.

Teacher Jung looked at Jaeun and smiled. This is the first time that they saw her smile. “Nice work, Kwon Jaeun.” She complimented as she went on with the lecture.

L looked at Jaeun and shrugged. “She likes me.” He whispered, pertaining to Teacher Jung.

Jaeun rolled her eyes. “The wind is blowing hard again, I guess.” She replied (teasing and sarcasm) as she read her book.

L snickered. “Thanks, by the way.” He said in a serious tone.

“Tch.” Jaeun said. “You don’t have to thank me.” She added. “I am glad you remembered what I told you.” She continued.

L nodded. “See? I am not that dumb, you know.” He replied.

“Whatever, Kim Myungsoo.” She replied as she rolled her eyes.

L smiled.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------

“So… what are we going to do for the kids?” Mina asked Jaeun. They were on their shift in the café.

Jaeun sighed hard. “We just have to bake cupcakes for them.” She replied.

Mina looked at her. “Then why are you looking like you can’t bake cupcakes?” She asked as she eyed Jaeun’s facial expression.

Jaeun sighed. “DO you think cupcakes are enough?” She asked.

Mina tapped her chin. “Of course we would play with them and we will make that day the best of the bests, right? And the cupcakes are just to make them participate.” She replied.

Jaeun nodded. “I just hope everything will be alright.” She sighed again.

 

Then, 7 guys walked in the café, making all the girls look at the door.

Jaeun and Mina looked as well as they saw Infinite with all smiles while walking to the empty table.

Jaeun rolled her eyes and shook her head at the kingkas. “Why must they act like they won the place?” She asked Mina in pure irritation.

Mina shrugged and continued on logging the stocks.

Jaeun sighed, took her notebook and walked to the boys.

“Hey, Howon hyung! You are being so bright with your tutor!” Sungjong teased Hoya as all the boys started to too.

Hoya shook his head and smiled. “Don’t tease me! Geez!!!” He beamed as he looked at Jaeun.

Jaeun smiled. “Are you ready to order?” She asked them.

Infinite smiled and took the menu. “Wait for a second, Jaeun-ssi.” Sunggyu replied.

Jaeun nodded. “Okay. Take your time.” She said as she waited for them until they are ready.

L looked at Jaeun. “Something fell.” He said.

Jaeun looked at him as L looked at the floor. The invitation. “Oh!” She beamed as she picked it up. “Thanks.” She told L.

L just shrugged as he looked into the menu again.

“Alright.” Sunggyu said. “You guys have your orders ready?” He asked s.

They all nodded and one by one they told her each of their orders.

Jaeun smiled and bowed at them. “Wait for a moment.” She said as she went to the counter.

L stared at her as she worked as hard as she could.

“She might melt.” Sungyeol beamed.

L looked at him weirdly.

Sungyeol grinned. “What?” HE asked. “you have been eyeing her since she dropped that paper on the floor.” HE said.

L rolled his eyes. “Whatever.” He shut his best friend up.

Woohyun snickered. “But seriously, L. You and Jaeun aren’t bickering as much as before these days.” He spoke.

The rest nodded.

“It seems like you two have already been closer too.” Sungjong added.

Dongwoo nodded. “And not to mention, you even told her she dropped something.”

Hoya smiled. “Seems like L is opening up as well.” He teased.

L glared at them. “What are you all talking about? I have my girl.” He replied.

“Tch.” All of them said.

“Girl my .” They chorused.

L rolled his eyes. “Hey! Don’t compare me with all of you. I am a one-woman man.” He replied.

Sunggyu shook his head. “So, who is the woman?” He asked.

L looked at him weirdly. “Of course, it’s Jiae!” He defensively said.

Infinite laughed at him. The truth is, this is the first time that they saw L try his best to defend himself which is kind of weird to imagine.

*What are they even trying to imply?* L thought as he glared at all of them.