Impenetrable

Luck And You

 

“Aish! Kim Myungsoo, you don’t know how to balance a simple equation?” Jaeun was starting to get upset by L’s stupidity.

L just stared at her. “Why are we even balancing chemical equations? I am not going to be a chemist in the future so I won’t need that.” He replied as he stared at her.

Jaeun gave him a look. “Then, tell your mom to drop you off this subject!” She beamed as she looked at the paper.

She actually couldn’t look at L long. What do we say? Kwon Jaeun is conscious.

L smirked as he leaned closer to Jaeun.

Jaeun was taken aback with wide eyes. “What are you doing?” She asked, trembling and shocked.

L grinned. “Why are you nervous, Jaeun?” He asked.

“W-what?” She stuttered. “Who’s nervous? M-me?” She asked, laughing weakly.

L chuckled. “Yes, you.” He replied. “And why are you stuttering?” He asked.

Jaeun gave him a pointed look. “I am not.” She replied.

“Yes you did.”

“Did not.”

“Yes you did.”

“NO.”

L laughed at Jaeun’s defensiveness. These days, everything about her just makes L happy. Whenever he sees her try so hard to defend herself from the rumors, when she tries so hard to explain herself but no one is listening because they don’t actually believe her.

L is just stunned at this charm of Kwon Jaeun.

A different charm.

Jaeun crossed her arms and leaned her back. “Whatever.” She said rolling her eyes.

L chuckled. “Are you mad?” He asked.

“No.” Jaeun replied as she continued to read on.

L smiled and took something from his bag. “Peace?” He asked as he handed Jaeun a box of chocolates. It was chocolates in a heart shape container. Oh, L.

Jaeun narrowed her eyes on him. “What am I? A kid?” She asked.

L smiled and plopped with one. “Just eat it.” He said smiling. “I read chocolates have endorphins that would make you happy when you feel sad. Guess, that is why suitors give their girls chocolates. Because they want the girls to be happy.” He explained.

Jaeun was stunned at L’s statement. So, he was reading. She suddenly felt her heart fluttering over his words. It wasn’t sweet but the thought was sweet.

She actually translated his words as ‘Don’t be upset with me.’ or ‘I don’t want you to be upset with me’.

One right move, Death note. You finally managed to make Jaeun think twice.

Jaeun just smiled inwardly and chewed the chocolate in . Hell, that was the whole piece and she is hardened up swallowing it.

DEATH NOTE REALLY.

L chuckled. “Oh, by the way, I’ll pick you up at 8 tonight.” He said.

Jaeun gave him a look. “Why?” She asked.

“Because it is the gathering, silly.” He said as he knocked her head lightly.

“OWWW!” She whined as she massaged that point he knocked. *Why did I even agree again?*

L just stared at her, enjoying every expression she shows. “Don’t make yourself too pretty.” He said.

Jaeun stopped massaging the sore spot and blinked at L’s statement.

L gave her a look. “I don’t want other guys looking at you tonight. Not my girl.” He said.

Jaeun looked at him seriously. Well, this is the first time she had seen L be so direct about this matter. The last time he became over possessive is when Minwoo was asking her if she was going to the café.

“Not my girl.”

Well, didn’t that sound a bit moving?

L stared back at her. “Just be the plain you, okay?” He smiled.

Jaeun’s heart was falling into pieces with that heart-melting smile of this Death Note Kid. Never did she imagine him being like this to her. Because when she thinks of L liking her, it still creeps the hell out of her.

“Whatever.” She replied suppressing her feelings. “And I am not your girl. I am nobody’s girl.” She said as she looked at her watch.

L smirked. “Soon. You’ll be mine.” He stated confidently.

Jaeun shook her head and rolled her eyes. What was he saying? Tch.

But why is there an excited feeling in her?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jaeun looked at herself in the mirror. “Whatever, Jaeun. Why are you even thinking about it?” She asked herself as the thought of L dancing with her comes into her mind.

She looked at herself automatically blushing with the thought.

She sighed and slapped herself lightly. “I hate myself! Why am I blushing over those thoughts?! And not to mention those are thoughts with that Death Note!” She beamed frustrated.

She breathed deeply. “Calm down, Kwon Jaeun. You are going to be fine. Just don’t mind those sweet things he is doing to you.” She said as she glanced at those chocolates he gave her a while ago.  

“I read chocolates have endorphins that would make you happy when you feel sad. Guess, that is why suitors give their girls chocolates. Because they want the girls to be happy.”

She shook her head to empty her thoughts. “NO! KWON JAEUN, CONCENTRATE.” She told herself as she took another deep breath.

Suddenly, a series knock came.

Jaeun looked at the clock.

It’s 8 PM.

He’s here.

She calmed herself as she opened the door revealing a dashing Kim Myungsoo in a three-piece suit with his awesome smile and handsome face.

Jaeun couldn’t even breathe properly. Nothing about her is functioning properly.

Her breathing is different. It feels like she is only breathing 3 times in a minute. Totally blown by how L looked tonight.

Her face is blushing really bad and she couldn’t even control the heat in her cheeks.

And her heart. Oh, Jaeun’s poor heart.

It seems like she have run around the world because her heart was beating extremely fast, she doesn’t even think it is possible.

L smiled at her as he looked at her from head to toe, hiding how shock he is.

Jaeun might be wearing a simple white dress but hey, she looked elegant. Definitely a head-turner.

She is barely even wearing a makeup but she still looked dazzling to L.

How come Jaeun looks so hot in simple things?

How come he just realizes this now?

L extended his hand. “Come with me, Princess?” He asked, asking for her hand.

Jaeun smiled and took his hand. “What are you, the Knight?” She asked.

L smirked. “Your Knight in Shining Armor for tonight.” He replied as he led her to his car.

Jaeun just smiled.

Hell, she loves what she is feeling right now.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“WOAH! Is that Kwon Jaeun?” Woohyun asked the rest of the Infinite members as they saw Jaeun and L entering the hall.

Sunggyu’s eyes widened. (Imagine his eyes widening, can you?) “She looks stunning.” He beamed.

Dongwoo nodded in agreement. “L must be lucky.” He added.

Sungyeol smiled, shaking his head. “HEAVEN LUCKY.” He eyed Jaeun from Head to toe. “Fine girl.” He complimented.

Sungjong was just staring at Jaeun, not saying anything. Hell, he was awed.

 

Jaeun nudged L. “Why are they looking at me?” She asked, uncomfortable.

People are looking at her since they entered the hall and believe it or not, they are looking at her from head to toe. Maybe they are thinking who she is because they all seemed so stunned.

L smiled and wrapped his arm around her. “Because you look like a goddess?” He asked, teasing.

Jaeun gave him a look. “What?” She hissed.

L chuckled. “You look beautiful. That’s why.” He said. “Should I call you my ‘Aphrodite’ from now on?” He asked, suggesting.

Jaeun gave him a sharp look. “Why MY are you talking about?” She asked.

L chuckled. “Why are you so hard to penetrate, Kwon Jaeun?” He asked as he smiled and led her to Infinite’s table.