Epilogue

Luck And You

It’s been a week since that incident happened.

Jaeun and L were back to school in no time. Infinite knew about what happened and they all began to bombard L questions like why didn’t he tell them, why didn’t they know sooner and all. But they were all relieved that Jaeun is fine.

Jiae, as what her mother told L, went out for a vacation to reflect on her actions. Or maybe to clean up her mind. That was good for her though. She needed to free herself from stress.

Jaejoong also has recovered fully. He is now working again and yes, he is still working underground. Jiyong was happy for him because he got his own life back.

So, probably, after a week, everything went back to normal.

“Yah!” Jaeun hissed loudly at L, who was sleeping in the library while she explained the lesson for that day.

Oh please, L may be her boyfriend but she is still his tutor. So, L should listen to her. At all times.

L looked up and rubbed his eyes, while he yawned. “That subject’s boring, Karate Kid.” He complained as he messed his hair.

Jaeun rolled her eyes. “Boring or not, it is graded and you have to study.” She stated firmly. “Here, read this.” She said as she passed the book to L.

L rolled his eyes inwardly and took the book against his own will.

Jaeun knew that and she smiled to herself. This is L. The man who never really liked tutor sessions ever.

“Read that.” She told him. “Then, we’ll go somewhere after you do.” She added.

L immediately looked at her. “What?” He asked in disbelief.

Jaeun shrugged. “Read that then we’ll go somewhere later.” She replied.

L’s eyes widened. Then he grinned widely. “Date?” He asked as he leaned closer.

Jaeun pushed L’s head back on the book. “Whatever you call it.” She replied.

L smiled excitedly. “Damn. Gotta finish this fast.” He told himself as he concentrated on the book.

Jaeun smiled. Of course, L deserved a reward.

--

“Where are we going exactly?” L asked as they packed the things and they’re ready to go.

Jaeun smiled. “Orphanage.” She replied happily.

L narrowed his eyes on her. “And what are you going to do there?” He asked.

Jaeun pouted. “Me?” She asked. “Don’t you want to go there?” She asked again.

L looked at Jaeun acting cutesy in front of him and it made him cringe for a bit. Well, the orphanage is one of Jaeun’s favorite places in land and if she wants to go there, he should be there too. “Let’s go.” He said as he took her hand and walked out of the library.

Jaeun smiled to herself. She knows L wouldn’t put her down.

“Who’s going to be there?” L asked as he buckled his seatbelt.

“Eunmi, Infinite, Minwoo, Insoo, Mina and a lot more.” She replied.

L looked at her in awe. “Wow. You asked them before but you’re only asking me now?!” He asked in disbelief.

Jaeun nodded. “I know you would come anyways.” She replied.

L rolled his eyes.

Jaeun gave him her sweetest smile. “But if you don’t want to come, it’s fine. Minwoo and the troupe are there to help.” She replied.

“NO!” L hollered as he started the engine. “Who said I don’t want to come?” He asked as he drove to the orphan.

Jaeun chuckled quietly. Well, jealous L will always be so cute.

It wasn’t a long ride though. L kept mumbling words under his breath and the only word that Jaeun could hear is ‘Minwoo’ and ‘Not ask me’. He’s really childish for a man as big as he is.

Funny.

But Jaeun likes it.

So damn much.

“Jaeun eonnieeeeee!!!” One girl who saw her coming to the work area beamed at her. She was running to Jaeun and was ready to give her a big hug.

Jaeun smiled and opened her arms wide open. “Wow, Bianca, you look so cute today!” She told the little girl, who eventually is named Bianca. She is wearing this little pink dress that makes her shine above all the other little girls in the orphanage.

Bianca giggled then she narrowed her eyes on L who was standing behind them. “Eonnie. Who is he?” She asked as she pointed at L.

L raised his brow at the little girl who is looking at him like he is doing something wrong with just standing behind them.

Jaeun gave a quick glance at L then she looked at Bianca again, chuckling. “Well, he is Myungsoo oppa.” She replied.

Bianca’s eyes widened. “OPPA?!” She asked in disbelief.

L also widened his eye sin disbelief when he heard Jaeun call him oppa.

Jaeun giggled and nodded.

“Eonnie!” Bianca yelled at her. “You got a boyfriend without telling me?!” She whined before giving harsh looks at L.

Jaeun laughed as L glared at the kid. “Sorry, Bianca. I didn’t have time to tell you because I didn’t have time to come here.” She apologized.

Bianca gave L one last glance before she smiled at Jaeun. “Eonnie, let’s go and play!” She said as she took Jaeun’s hand and pulled her to the crowd.

L just shook his head and followed after.

“Myungsoo!”

L looked at the person who called him. It was Minwoo, smiling brightly at him. “Oh, Minwoo.” He replied nonchalantly. He still couldn’t believe Jaeun told this person about this earlier than him.

Minwoo gave him a look. “How are you?” He asked, stifling a laugh. Gosh! L was obviously jealous and he couldn’t hide it. But hell, he is jealous for nothing.

“Very good.” L replied. “How about you?” He asked.

Minwoo shrugged. “Better.” He replied.

L raised his brow as he crossed his arm across his chest. “Better about?” He asked.

Minwoo chuckled. “Well, life is kind to me these days.” He replied. “I actually got a scholarship to the United States for the next semester.” He smiled.

L looked at him, suppressing his happy feelings. Of course, Minwoo will go away. No competition at all. “How did you get it?” He asked coolly.

Minwoo shrugged. “Guess, I’m just good in studying.” He replied.

L rolled his eyes inwardly. Is he trying to piss him or what?!

“Good for you.” L managed to say.

Minwoo chuckled. “Yeah. You too.” He patted L’s shoulder then left.

L’s eyes narrowed at him as he scoffed. “Jinjja shireo!” He muttered under his breath as his eyes searched for Jaeun.

Jaeun was there, playing with the kids with a big smile on her face.

L stopped in his tracks and watched his one and only girl looking so happy playing with the kids in the orphanage. Seriously, he would pay no matter how much it is just to see Jaeun this happy everyday.

“She seems happy.” Insoo came to L.

L smiled and nodded. “She is always happy when she is here.” He replied. Which is true. If there is a place that would make L see Jaeun genuinely happy, it is the orphanage.

Insoo nodded. “Well, she is actually one of the orphans that the people here would never forget. She’s such a gem.” He said.

L smiled and nodded. “I know. She really is a gem. A pretty ing precious gem.” He replied.

Insoo nodded. “Smitten by Jaejae’s beauty aren’t you?” He teased.

L rolled his eyes then looked at Jaeun again. But it’s true. He is smitten by her. Definitely. Whole-heartedly. Body and soul.

He couldn’t contest to that because he knows that Jaeun is also smitten by him.

Who would forget the time when he made her jealous and she had to ignore him the whole day because she didn’t want to admit how smitten she was.

“Okay. A-a-I was…” She gulped. *Jealous.* “Not comfortable seeing you with Krystal…” L smiled. “A-and I don’t like girls giving you gifts and being too close to you. It just doesn’t seem right because you knew my heart and I know yours and I was just scared that at the end of the day you wou-“

L couldn’t wait any longer. He pressed his lips against hers. “I love you. Have you forgotten about that?” He asked.

Jaeun smiled. “I love you too.” Finally, she responded.

L could just smile at the memory. Jaeun was obviously in loved with him for a long time before she finally admitted it to herself that day. He was never this thankful to his hyungs for the wonderful plan though. It was really daebak. The stepping stone. The game-changing moment, as they say.

He stared at Jaeun but all he could see is that Bianca kid who is glaring at him. He creased his forehead. What does this little girl need anyway? Why does she look at him like he is some kind of a monster or a or a criminal or something?

It’s just too much.

Jaeun finally got to see L and smiled. She walked to him, leaving the grumpy kid for a while.

“Hey,” she called.

L nodded back and pulled Jaeun for a very tight hug.

Jaeun chuckled at L’s expression. She was puzzled but heck yes, she hugged back.

“Let me just show that little kid that you are mine.” L whispered as he ruffled her hair.

Jaeun chuckled. “What? Don’t make the kid cry. She is just protective of me because she sees me as her only big sister.” She giggled.

L shrugged and looked at Jaeun. “Well, she looks really scary. She looks at me like I did something wrong and I did not.” He spat.

Jaeun chuckled. “So, the girl is making the famous Kim Myungsoo, my Death Note, scared?” She teased.

L raised his brow and smirked. “Say that again.” He said.

Jaeun narrowed her eyes on him. “What?” She asked confused.

“What you said.” He replied feeling so excited.

“What? Famous Kim Myungsoo?”

L shook his head.

“Then what? Death Note?”

L’s eyes widened. “Well, you said something before Death Note a while back.” He beamed.

Jaeun thought for a bit. “What?” She asked confused. L gave her a look. “Ahhh!” She finally said. “My Death Note?” She asked.

L smiled widely. He pulled Jaeun close to him and leaned in, kissing her on the lips. Jaeun was shocked at first but she couldn’t help but just respond.

L smiled and looked into Jaeun’s eyes. “Mine.” He said. “I’m yours, you’re mine.” He beamed.

Jaeun smiled and nodded. “I know that.” She replied. “I love you.”

“I love you too.” Then he leaned in for another kiss.

-------------------------- END -------------------------------

--

Author’s Note:

I would like to express my deepest gratitude to all of you who read, commented, subscribed and even voted for this story.

I am getting really emotional right now because I wrote this story for more than a year. I thought I would lose readers when I was on a hiatus state because of my board exams but no. You were all with me.

Thanks for all the efforts you’ve done for this story.

I’m really really really really attached to this story because first it is L. Second, it is Jaeun and L loveteam (One of my real faves). And third, it is romcom. (Sorry about the awkward mafia part, I won’t write something like that in the future ever again.)

For those who made the posters, I really appreciated it. I’m sorry I didn’t place your works on most of the chapters because at times, I forget to paste it or there are times that I hurry too much that I don’t have time to paste it in. But all of your works are equally appreciated.

I’m very sorry for the ending. I know it is not my kind of a typical ending but I want to try something new. You know, the endings in Korean Series aren’t extravagant. I tried to make this one like that. I hope you are not that disappointed.

I wrote another Kris-Ashin story and it’s entitled, “Don’t Fall For Kris Wu”. It’s already posted. If you haven’t checked it out, go and check it out. ^^ It’s going to be a light one since TLW was so dramatic. I didn’t even expect some readers (in wattpad) to say that it is the EXO version of The Fault in our Stars. I haven’t read TFIOS by the way. I don’t like tragedies. Hahaha. :)

So, right now, be happy with Kris and Ashin’s new story, L.Joe and Hana, and of course, DaraGon. Thank you for all the support!

I love you all, peeps!

Forever!

- RChampagne <3

 

PS: To all those asking me if I can invite them in my SUPER private stories, sorry. I can’t do that now. Especially the ones on hiatus. :( Mianhe. :( There are a lot so, I’m trying so hard to do it. If you want to be invited to ONS w/ KIM MYUNGSOO, tweet me @ahLELujah. So I can put you on the list then, I can invite you. :) Thank you!