Math Problem

Luck And You

 

“Can you believe what he said? Gold is for G-Dragon? Like seriously?!” Jaeun hollered at the café she is working in.

She is raging in anger. She is pissed and all.

Mina looked at her, shocked of Jaeun’s reaction. It was outrageous. Jaeun is raging in anger.

Jaeun sighed. “And yeah. Can you believe he asked me if I can see Hydrogen ions flying in the air?! Is he that dumb?!” She hollered and ranted nonstop.

Mina just chuckled at her reaction now. She knows that Jaeun had found her match. Just as much as L did. “You have finally found your match, Jae.” She spoke.

Jaeun looked at Mina. “Match? Yeah right! I’d like to cut his head off.” She retorted.

Mina just chuckled. She finds it cute when Jaeun is losing her cool. It is a new sight to her. “I guess you need Anger Management tips then?” She asked.

Jaeun rolled her eyes. “I have tried looking in those.” She replied. “But ended up failing because he is an who doesn’t know anything.” She beamed in anger.

Mina laughed. “Maybe you will get used to him?” She predicted.

Jaeun looked at her in disbelief. “Seriously? You think that? Are you nuts like him, Mina?” She asked. “I won’t get used to an annoying jerk like him. He annoys me to the pits of hell!” She exclaimed.

Mina laughed out loud. She is loving this side of Jaeun. She is actually loving the Kim Myungsoo – Kwon Jaeun interaction (trouble at most). It feels like watching a movie where enemies tend to develop feelings for each other.

It was so sweet!!!!

Mina giggled in her place.

Jaeun looked at her weirdly. “Why are you so giddy there?” She asked.

Mina chuckled and shook her head. “Nothing. I was just thinking of a drama I was watching last night. It is so sweet how enemies turn into lovers.” She replied.

Jaeun looked at her weirdly. “I think that’s ridiculous.” She replied. *Enemies turned to lovers? Yeah. Funny.* She thought.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And Jaeun walked to class still thinking of how stupid L is.

Heaven knows how mad she is. *G-Dragon? Is he kidding me?!* She raged in her thoughts as she walked to the room again.

She saw L plopped in his seat with earphones plugged in. She rolled her eyes because she thinks he is acting so cool enough like he owns the world.

Well, he is really cool, isn’t he?

Jaeun sat beside him (of course left with no choice. She is his tutor and tutors sit beside their student.).

She opened her Math book and read on. Remember she isn’t good in Math, right? That’s why she is reviewing with all her might.

*What the hell is this?* She thought as she looked into a very long and confusing math equation.

If 1/2x +1/2(1/2x + 1/2(1/2x +1/2(1/2x + ... = y, 
then x = ?

*What the hell is this equation?* She thought as she narrowed her eyes on the book as she gripped her pen tight.

Oh god. She really hates Math to the bottom of her heart.

L must have noticed Jaeun’s burden in the Math equation. “Having a hard time?” He asked in his usual cocky voice.

Jaeun looked at him. Okay, glared at him. She is still mad at him for his Chemistry stupidity yesterday. She scoffed. “Shut up, Death note.” She hissed. “Why don’t you just watch your G-Dragon, huh? Gold and diamonds, boy?” She snapped.

L looked at her and chuckled. “You are still mad at me?” He asked laughing.

Jaeun sent him a resenting look and went back to the equation again.

“Okay. Okay.” L said. “Gold is Au. Silver is Ag. Copper is Cu.” He blurted the abbreviation of the elements.

Jaeun raised her brow and looked at him. “Yeah. You sure studied.” She snapped.

L chuckled. “I did.” He replied. *Or not?*

Jaeun just shook her head and continued trying to solve the problem.

L glanced at the equation. “X is Y.” He blurted without even thinking.

Jaeun looked at him in disbelief. “Just shut up.” She spat.

L blinked at him. “I am telling the truth. X = y.” He insisted as he started writing the whole solution. “Here.” He said as he tossed the paper to her.

1/2x +1/2(1/2x + 1/2(1/2x +1/2(1/2x + ... = y 
If x = 1, 
then the equation likes this: 
1/2 +1/2(1/2 + 1/2(1/2 +1/2(1/2 + ... = y 
1/2 +1/4 + 1/8 + 1/16 + 1/32 + ... = y 
y = 1 = x 
y = x

Jaeun read the solution and blinked at L, who was looking her in a cocky way.

“So what? Believe me now, Karate kid?” He asked in a conceited way.

Jaeun scoffed at his cockiness. *Conceited brat.* She thought as she looked at the paper in disbelief. *But he solved it in one glance.* She thought again, now in awe.

L smirked. “You don’t know me that well, do you?” He asked, in a conceited voice.

Jaeun rolled her eyes and ignored him.

L scoffed. “You should ask everyone here, I am the best in Math.” He said in a proud manner.

Jaeun rolled her eyes at him. “So? You are the worst in the rest of the subjects.” She spat.

L looked at her with narrowed eyes. “At least I am the ace in one.” He insisted.

“But the black hole in many.” She shot back.

“You can’t even solve that simple problem!”

“You don’t even know a simple Chemical Equation!”

“You can’t even think of a solution in a Math Equation!”

“You are a dumb guy!”

“Dumb? Ha! How about you? You are a brainless tutor!”

“You are a zombie!”

“What?! Zombie!? How about you? You are a tutor but can’t solve a simple math equation?!”

“ death note kid!”

“Brainless karate kid!”

Jaeun and L were bickering at its finest.

Inside the classroom.

While waiting for the teacher.

With all their classmates looking at them.

They both looked around and saw all eyes on them. Jaeun immediately looked away, while L did it the cool ‘L’ way.

Infinite raised their brows.

“What do you think is happening between them?” Dongwoo asked.

Sungjong shrugged. “I don’t know hyung. But I think L hyung got owned again.” He replied.

The rest of the boys nodded. “I think so too.” Sungyeol spoke. “Well, that’s Kwon Jaeun. She never lost to L ever.” He added.

The rest chuckled. “Yeah right. Kwon Jaeun is the best!” Woohyung beamed.

L heard what they are talking about and glared at them. “What the hell are you all talking about?” He asked them with anger in his voice.

Sunggyu smiled sheepishly. “Nothing. We were just answering a Math problem, right, Minhee?” He nudged Minhee, her tutor.

Minhee was started and had nothing to do but nod even without knowing what they are talking about.

L rolled his eyes and sighed hard.

He glanced at Jaeun and shook his head. *This girl is tough. I hate it!* HE thought in frustration.