Following

Luck And You

 

Today is Saturday.

The day Kwon Jaeun has been waiting for the whole week. No Kim Myungsoo today.

No bickering.

No wasting of energy.

No shouting.

No cocky man.

No conceited brat.

No Death Note Kid.

Ahhh! Heaven!

Plus, it’s Jaeun’s off today! What could be greater than this?

Jaeun stood up from her bed with a happy feeling. Oh hell yeah! She is really happy that the death note isn’t around today.

“I wish everyday is a Saturday.” She mumbled happily as she went over her fridge to get some food to eat.

She frowned when she saw her fridge almost dying of gastritis. Yes, no food stock already.

She sighed and pursed her lip. “Alright. Imma buy some stuffs today.” She said as she took a paper and pen to list what to buy.

Well as you can all see, this is Kwon Jaeun.

An independent lady who relies on no one but herself to live. She is an orphan so we won’t expect her to rely on others?

And yeah, who exactly would she rely on to?

No one, right?

She has friends but these friends aren’t the rich ones too. And they barely own something for a living. So, yeah. It’s quite Kwon Jaeun and herself all along.

“…ramen, ketchup, beef, pork, chicken, corned beef…” She mumbled what she wrote. “What else?” She thought for more.

She listed more things when she finally completed everything she needs. Not leaving out even the least of all the things she needed.

She prepared herself to go to the grocery store which is just across the street.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And L is so bored. He had turned for about 20 times already. In bed. Messing his hair while thinking of a thing to do.

Since it is Saturday, he doesn’t have class. Which means there is no Kwon Jaeun to bicker with. Hell yeah, that made his life so boring.

He stared at the ceiling and though of something to do.

“Damn. I hate Saturdays.” He mumbled as he focused his eyes on the ceiling.

And just then, a bright idea came into his mind.

He showered off and prepared to head off somewhere.

“Good Morning! Welcome to Lee Café!” Mina, Jaeun’s friend and workmate, greeted L as he stepped into the café.

L bowed at her and went to sit somewhere far from the people. Because girls started staring at him already.

Mina looked at him weirdly. *What is he doing here?* She thought as she approached him. “Good Morning, Sir! Can I take your order?” She asked L.

L looked at her but he seemed to be looking for someone else. *Where is that lady?* He thought as he looked around.

Mina narrowed her eyes on L. She knows that he is looking for someone else. It is not hard to know that. Since L’s eyes are all over the place. “Sir?” She asked L.

L was taken back in his senses and looked at Mina at last. “Oh.” He mused.

“Are you looking for someone else?” She asked him.

L looked at her weirdly. “What? No.” He replied, denying. “I was just looking around for a better place to sit in.” He reasoned.

“Oh.” Mina nodded as he looked at him weirdly still. “So, can I take your order now, sir?” She asked again.

L nodded. “Uhm. Yeah.” He said as he looked into the menu. “I’ll have macchiato.” He replied.

Mina nodded and started to write his order.

“No. WAIT!” L stopped her. “I’ll have espresso.” He beamed.

Mina looked at him before nodding. “Thank you, Sir.” She said bowing.

L sighed and looked away, tapping his fingers. Jiae is not around today and he knows that. She is on an outing with her friends and she will be gone for the week end.

L looked around to look for Jaeun but no, she isn’t around. *I wonder where Karate Kid is?* He thought as he started to look around again.

And there is no sign of Kwon Jaeun around.

“Excuse me, Miss?” One customer called Mina. “Why isn’t Miss Jaeun here?” He asked her.

L’s ears perked up at the sound of Jaeun’s name.

Mina smiled at the customer. “Saturday is her day off, sir. So, she won’t be around today.” She replied politely.

The customer nodded and gave her his orders. “That lady is pretty nice and hardworking.” He commented. “Same as you.” He added.

Mina smiled. “Thank you sir. I’ll deliver your orders in a while.” She said as she went to the counter.

The customer nodded and continued reading the newspaper.

L heard everything. *So today is her day off?* He thought. *Psh. She even affords to have a day off, huh?* He thought again.

Minutes later, his order arrived. “Here you go, Sir. One espresso.” Mina said.

L smiled and nodded at her. “Thanks.” He replied.

And yes, Mina died at his smile. Mina might not like L for her because she likes him for Jaeun but lo! His smile just melts every girl’s heart.

Mina smiled back and bowed.

L sipped into his espresso. “Wow. So this is how it tastes like.” He said as he started to love his drink.

You wouldn’t blame him. Jaeun spilled the sugar in his espresso before.

And the sweetness just traumatized him a lot.

He hadn’t eaten anything sweet until 4 days after.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jaeun was walking down to the grocery store happily. Really. Her mood is the best today.

No L means happiness all over for her.

She was even humming a tune on the way to the grocery store. Well, aside from the fact that there is no L today, she loved how it feels when she goes to the grocery.

“Why are you so jumpy?”

Jaeun stopped at that irritating voice. She even stopped walking to think if she heard right. She sighed and continued walking upon convincing herself that she is hallucinating.

“Tsk.”

Jaeun stopped again.

But this time, she looked behind her. And yes to her terror, she saw L smirking at her.

She narrowed her eyes on him. “What the hell are you doing?” *Ruining my very beautiful day.* She asked him with menace in her voice.

L smirked and walked forward. “Well, I just happened to walk by.” He reasoned.

Jaeun rolled her eyes and turned her back on him. She still has some groceries to attend to.

L smirked and walked behind her.

Jaeun must have sensed him following her and she glared at him. “are you following me?” She asked.

L shrugged. “I am walking home.” HE said.

Jaeun breathed deeply and continued walking ahead.

But L kept following her.

She stopped again and looked back at him. “Can you just walk forward? Ahead of me? I hate it when people are following me.” She beamed.

L looked at her. “I am not following you.” He replied.

Jaeun rolled her eyes. “Yeah. So move! Walk before me!” She burst out. “Or better yet, ride a cab home!” She demanded.

L blinked at her. “I don’t want to.” He replied. “I like walking. It’s exercising.” He reasoned.

Jaeun shut her eyes. She sighed hard. Yes, she knew she couldn’t do anything about this. *Endure it, Jaeun.* She thought as she walked to the grocery store. *Here.* She thought as she entered the grocery store.

But still. She felt someone following her.

She looked behind her.

And pretty much surprised to see L walking inside the grocery store as well. She looked at him with narrowed eyes. “What the hell are you doing here?” She asked.

L shrugged. “Buying groceries?” He replied sarcastically.

Jaeun rolled her eyes. “I thought you are going home!” She beamed, frustrated already.

L shrugged once more. “I don’t know? I figured out I have something to buy.” He replied.

“Like what?” She asked.

L smirked. “Why do you want to know?” He asked.

“Because I want to.”

L smirked. “.” He replied. “I came to buy condoms. So will you let me in already?” He asked as he walked in.

Jaeun’s jaw dropped at his vulgarity. How could someone shut her like this? *DEATH NOTE KID!!!!* She raged in her thoughts.