I'm Sure As Hell I Don't Like You

Luck And You

 

Jaeun has never felt this pissed her entire life.

She wants to beat the crap out of L and she wanted to kill him, if only killing isn’t a crime.

Every time she thinks that she would be starting her tutorial session today with this handsome guy, she just feels shivers run through her spine.

*Lord, how do I get over this?* She thought as she prayed to the most high.

She sighed and looked at the other tutors who seemed to be really enjoying and excited about this.

She rolled her eyes inwardly.

*What do they like about them? It’s not like being dumb is a trend or something.* She thought in disgust as she saw some tutors putting on their make ups and batting their eye lashes to make the boys notice them.

“Weird huh?” Minhee suddenly spoke as she caught Jaeun’s disgusting expression on the others.

Jaeun smiled weakly and nodded. “So weird.” She replied as she failed to understand what these girls are feeling right now. “Do they love Infinite that much?” She asked Minhee.

Minhee smiled and nodded as she looked over the boys sitting prettily like classroom models at the back. “Well, that’s Infinite. You love them or hate them.” She replied.

“Hate them.” Jaeun spat, making Minhee smile.

“What is wrong? Don’t you like Infinite?” Minhee asked.

Jaeun nodded. “I don’t hate them. But I don’t like them as well.” She replied.

Minhee looked at her weirdly. “Then why did you join the raffle?” She asked.

Jaeun looked at Eunmi who is praying or something beside her. She’s totally not into her body again. Yeah. Hoya’s fault.

Minhee smiled. “I guess so. But don’t you worry. They said that Infinite is actually a cool and kind group.” She cheered her on.

Jaeun smiled and nodded. “Yeah. I hope so.” She replied half-heartedly. *Perhaps Infinite without Death Note is a cool and kind group.* She thought as she straightened herself.

“Good Morning!” Mrs. Kim entered the room with a smile flashing on her lips. She seemed to be in a good mood.

Everyone in the room except L stood up and bowed.

Mrs. Kim eyed L and raised her brow. “So respectful of you, son.” She said sarcastically.

L sighed and stood up, being polite.

Mrs. Kim smiled and looked at everyone else. “Alright, you may all sit down.” She said as she gestured them to take their seats.

“So, I am here to discuss just tidbits of matters that would help you, tutors, and you, Infinite.” She started.

Everyone looked at her intently.

“So each session will last depending on the tutor.” She started, making Jaeun smile. *Is 3 minutes enough?* she thought as she made a bright idea.

“But it should not be less than an hour.” Mrs. Kim continued.

Jaeun felt her life hanging on the ground. *One hour with that devil? Are you kidding me?* She thought frantically.

Mrs. Kim smiled and looked at each one of them. “I hope you can make Infinite ace their exams.” She continued. “If you did, you will receive an extra.” She continued.

Now, this made Jaeun, the money lover ever, jump in her seat. *Extra?* She asked in her mind.

Mrs. Kim smiled. “You know, I have always wanted these boys to ace their exams and stop giving me a freaking ‘F’ on a very easy subject. I want them to stop all of those lame work and start focusing on their real life – their future.” She explained.

“So, if you, girls, ever managed to make them ace at least 3 subjects, I’m giving you a big bonus.” She added. “It is so big that you can even build a home with it.” She joked.

The girls laughed and smiled at Mrs. Kim.

“Then we will do our best!” Soeun beamed.

The rest nodded, except for Jaeun. *Yeah. Good luck to me with that.* She mumbled in her mind.

“I just hope I can last 30 minutes with that Death Note Kid.” Jaeun mumbled again.

“OH!” Mrs. Kim beamed. “You girls will be transferring here as well.” She reported, making all the girls look at her in shock.

“Well, I am now working with your corresponding schools and we’re working on your transfer papers already. Don’t worry, you won’t pay anything.” She assured.

“I just thought that you need to have a better schedule when you will be tutoring these guys.” She added.

The rest of the girls except for Jaeun are happy about it. Who wouldn’t?

You will be enrolled to Woollim High, the best of the bests schools in South Korea.

Isn’t it so great?

To others, sure! But to Jaeun, being anywhere near L is never a good idea. It will always be the stupidest idea ever.

*I would be seeing him for almost every day for the sessions and now, I’ll be in the same school as him?! Wow! Thank you, Luck! You are really good to me.* Jaeun thought deflated.

Mrs. Kim smiled at all the girls. “Well, you can start with Math today.” She beamed at all the girls.

Jaeun sat in alarm. *Math?* She thought nervously. She raised her hand.

“Yes, Ms. Kwon?” Mrs. Kim asked.

Jaeun looked at her weirdly. “I am not good in Math.” She confessed. “Can you replace me instead?” She asked.

Mrs. Kim looked at her weirdly. Then smiled. “Don’t worry. Myungsoo is best in Math.” She said, making the least bit of hope of escaping this session for Jaeun gone. “You can teach him another one today.” She said as she waved good bye to all. “Have a good day everyone!” Then, Mrs. Kim was gone.

The rest of the Infinite members, except for L, approached their tutors already.

Eunmi was even trembling when Hoya came to her. Well, that’s how Eunmi rolls anyways. She is always shy when her crush is around.

Well, anyway. Who isn’t?

All of them decided to leave the room and find some good place for the tutorial except for L and Jaeun.

L looked at Jaeun. He was still watching her moves. And yes, she isn’t going to make a move any minute. And L knows it.

“Hey, Karate Kid.” He started.

Jaeun looked at him with a death glare on her face. “What, Death note?” She asked with menace in her voice.

L looked at her and smirked. “Why are you always fierce?” He asked out of the blue.

Jaeun glared at him and shrugged. “Because you are arrogant?” She replied teasing him again.

L raised his brow. “Well, Miss, for your information, you spilled drinks on my shirt. You provoked me to be rude to you.” He shot back.

Jaeun scoffed. “Yeah? Well, don’t you know the meaning of sorry? I apologized right?” She shot right back at him.

L cocked his head. “Yeah yeah. Like sorry can clean my shirt.” He spat.

Jaeun balled her fist. How she wants to punch him right into his nose again. She shut her eyes and breathed deeply. *Calm down, Kwon Jaeun. You have to use those Anger Management tips.* She thought as she opened her eyes and saw L gawking at her.

She raised her brow. “What are you looking at?” She asked.

L shrugged. “Nothing. I am just waiting for your first move, tutor.” He replied nonchalantly as he stood up and sat in front of Jaeun.

Jaeun rolled her eyes. “What move?” She asked. “Do you think I can actually tutor you?” She asked again with a certain disbelief in her voice.

L shrugged. “I don’t know but you are chosen to tutor me, aren’t you?” He asked, teasing her more.

Jaeun sighed hard to collect her cool. “Correction, drawn not chosen.” She spat. “I don’t want to tutor a arrogant kid with a weird stage name like you.” She added.

L scoffed and leaned closer. “Do you think I want a girl as strong as Atlas to tutor me?” He asked back. “God! I wished I never met you.” He added.

Jaeun nodded and smiled sheepishly. “Don’t worry. The feelings are mutual.” She replied. “I hate you to the bones.” She continued.

L nodded and smirked. “Same here, Karate Kid.” He replied.

The two just stared with each other for a while. As in GLARE, not just STARE.

It was literally a glaring contest.

Not until L gave up and smirked.

“Good luck to you on tutoring me, Karate Kid.” He said. “I suppose you know that I won’t make it easy for you.” He added.

Jaeun nodded confidently. “Don’t worry. I am not that easy either.” She replied as she smiled. “Have you forgotten that you almost went infertile when I kicked you?” She asked, teasing.

L looked at her with fire forming in his eyes.

“And oh! You almost got your perfect nose ruined because I punched it, right? Can you remember it? Or shall I demonstrate it to you again?” She teased more.

L’s expression changed.

And Jaeun knows that he is pissed.

She smiled sweetly. “Well, aren’t you afraid of me?” She asked.

L glared at her and balled his fist.

Jaeun smiled and took something out of her bag. She tossed it to L.

L took it and looked at Jaeun. “What’s this?” He asked.

“Diagnostic test.” She replied. “Answer it so that I won’t waste time teaching you things you already know.” She explained.

L looked at the test paper. “Is this for High School level?” He asked in disbelief as he saw some brain – cracking questions.

Jaeun looked at L in disbelief. “That’s an example of an entrance exam for High School Freshmen. Don’t you know that?” She asked.

L looked into the test paper again. “Really?” He asked in disbelief.

Jaeun scoffed bit she tossed him a pen as well. “Go answer it.” She bribed.

L took the pen and answered the questions reluctantly. *Damn. I’m sure as hell that I don’t like you.* He thought as he went through the test again.