SNS

Luck And You

“I don’t want to!” Jaeun protested at L.

They are sitting together in one of the benches in the garden of the school. Yes, L kidnapped her from Infinite to have some alone time together. Ha! Being sweet to Jaeun in front of Infinite makes him flustered as hell. Well, it’s not like he is ashamed of her, it’s just that Infinite teases him too much after that. It annoys him.

L pouted. “WHY?! Just say it!” He insisted.

Jaeun glared at him. “I don’t want to! Why would I even call you that?! It’s too embarassing!” She complained.

L glared back at her. “Embarrassing?” He asked.

Jaeun nodded. “Yes! Embarrassing!” She replied.

L scoffed. “What’s so embarrassing about calling the most handsome man alive ‘oppa’?” He asked conceitedly. “You should be honored that someone like me is in love with you, head over heels!”

Jaeun gasped at him. “Conceited freak!” She beamed at his face.

L smirked as he held Jaeun’s waist closer to him. Jaeun couldn’t contest.

“Again? Who’s conceited?” L asked huskily as he moved his face closer to her.

Jaeun’s eyes widened. No, he isn’t going to kiss her here, is he? “Y-yah…” She tried to warn him but she stammered in her words instead.

L smirked. Damn, he likes seeing Jaeun like this. She seemed too tough but at times like this, when L is teasing her, she looks so innocent. And pretty, of course.

“Hey, Kwon Jaeun, you can’t even speak well, now, can you?” He as he leaned closer.

Jaeun leaned back. Well, she was enclosed around L’s grip and she couldn’t move. “W-what are you doing?” She began to panic.

L smiled as he looked into her eyes. “Just one word, Jaeun.” He spoke. “Just one word and I am letting you out of my grip.” He smiled.

Jaeun stared back in his eyes. He’s really not giving up on this thing. He knows that this isn’t Jaeun’s style. Hell, there is no way, Jaeun would call him OPPA no matter what happens. If that happened, maybe it’s the end of the world already and they are both dying. Which he even have doubts on.

L knows that Jaeun is not the sweet type of girl. It even took her time before she called Jiyong “Oppa”, to think that he is her long lost brother. It even took her time before she said his name “Myungsoo”, to think that almost everyone calls him that. It took her time before she could finally tell him “I love you”, to think that it’s the way she is feeling.

See?

Jaeun’s not the sweet type. She’s tough and L knows it. But somehow, having been able to break almost all of Jaeun’s wall, he wanted her to call him “Oppa”.

Jaeun shut her eyes in defeat. “Just kiss me.” She said. “There’s no way, I’m calling you “oppa”.” She added.

L smirked and pressed his lips on hers. It lasted for about 3 seconds but his heart was beating crazily and loudly. It wasn’t healthy. Well, seeing Jaeun’s face makes it irregular already, how much more if he gets touchy?

Perhaps, it’s one reason why L doesn’t really drink coffee when Jaeun is around. Well, before, maybe. But these past few days, when they review at the café, L would order something decaffeinated. Jaeun thought he was thinking about sleeping again, since decaf doesn’t have insomniac side effects, but no. L drinks that because his heart beats irregularly and caffeine makes it worse.

Feel L’s agony?

Hell yes.

“Thanks.” L smiled as he let her go.

Jaeun looked at him confused. “What? Why?!” She asked.

L chuckled. “Well, you asked me to kiss you.” He replied before looking back into her eyes. “And you just called me ‘oppa’.” He grinned widely.

Jaeun’s eyes widened realizing the mistake she did. Hell, yes! She called him oppa without her knowing.

She mentally slapped herself. “Whatever.” She uttered.

L chuckled. “Well, to tell you frankly, I didn’t think you would just give in to the kiss.” He beamed. “I guess I found my way to make you initiate a kiss, then.” He smiled to himself in victory.

Jaeun glared at him. “Aish!” She told him as with her angry face.

L smiled. “Damn. Don’t act y in front of me, Jaeun. I won’t be able to help it.” He told her before receiving several smacks from Jaeun.

“Ow ow ow ow ow!” L whined as he tried to block Jaeun’s attack.

Now, Karate Kid is back.

 

---

“How was school?” Jiyong asked Jaeun as they were eating dinner at the long table.

It has been about three weeks since she moved out of her place and started living here. Sure, it wasn’t really easy to adjust to luxury life after all the struggles she has been through to earn a living.

She hasn’t even used to people calling her “Miss Jaeun” or “Madame Jaeun”. Heck, that was one hell of a mental breakdown for her. How could the people here call her that way that easily?! She couldn’t fathom anything.

She hasn’t been used to having a big bed room. It was just too spacious sometimes she feels so alone. Not to mention this big house. It was like as big as the building where her previous apartment has been and she couldn’t believe she’s living like a princess.

Jaeun smiled at Jiyong. “Well, so-so.” She replied. “I just sit there the whole time and the teacher blabs everything.” She added.

Jiyong chuckled. Hell, yes. It was school. “That seems normal.” He commented.

Jaeun laughed. “Yes. Aside from the fact that my seatmate always pesters me.” She rolled her eyes.

Jiyong looked at her and smiled. “Well, you love your seatmate.” He teased.

Of course, the seatmate is L. Who else?! She is his tutor for Pete’s sake!

Jaeun smiled and blushed. “Well, that’s another story. It’s not related to school.” She diverted the topic.

Jiyong chuckled. What can he say? His sister is a brainiac. He couldn’t even compete.

Jaeun looked at Jiyong. “How about work, oppa?” She asked. “Have you closed the deal you were working on?”

Jiyong nodded. “Oh yeah. I have closed it last Monday and now I am working on the progress of the project.” He replied.

Jaeun smiled. One, she is proud that his brother is successful when it comes to business matters.

Turns out that the previous business of their real parents were bought by Jiyong’s foster parents. And now that they are too old to handle the business, Jiyong had taken over the company.

But there is still something that Jaeun is curious about Jiyong.

She’s too curious but she couldn’t ask him.

No.

She’s scared he might think she is intruding his privacy.

----

The Handsome L: Hey, babe. What are you doing?

Jaeun is online right now and L is chatting her up, always being the nosy and irritating Death Note.

She blinked at L’s username. “The Handsome L”?” She asked herself in disbelief as she stared at his name. “He surely knows how to piss other people’s moods.” She shook her head as she typed her reply in.

Kwon Jaeun: Nothing much. Just thinking about how lame your name is.

The Handsome L: Lame? Huh! My name is not even close to lame!

Kwon Jaeun: Ha-ha-ha! It is close! “L” for Lame! *for the win!*

The Handsome L: “L” is for LOOKING GOOD and LOVEABLE!

Jaeun laughed at L’s interpretation of his name. Of course, she loves it when L is childish. She loves it when L is being stupid. She loves it when L is being sweet. She loves it when L is angry. She loves it when L is tempting. And all.

She loves L. Period. No questions asked.

Kwon Jaeun: Whatever, Death Note. I’m sleepy. I’m logging out. You should sleep too! Good night! I love you. :*

The Handsome L: Okay. See me in your dreams, Karate Kid. Good night! I miss you. I love you more. :* >:D<

Jaeun shook her head at L’s emoticons. Sometimes, she thinks he is the girl between the two of them. He just uses excessive emoticons.

But somehow, that is one thing she likes about L. When he’s being sweet, he’s the sweetest. And now, he is being the sweetest.

She smiled to herself realizing how lucky she is to have L.

She was more than lucky.

She was about to log out from the SNS when a message popped out.

Seungri The Victory: Jaeun, meet us tomorrow. 4PM. Holly’s Coffee.

She narrowed her eyes on the screen. What’s with tomorrow? Why Holly’s Coffee?

She was about to type in a reply when she realized…

“Oppa and his friends said they don’t have SNS.” She wondered as she read the message again.