The Test

Luck And You

“Are you okay?” Jaeun asked L who was sweating cold sweats after he had been dismissed from the detention.

Jaeun promised to wait for him after detention, of course as a sign of her gratitude since he saved her from detention. So, she did wait for 2 hours before L could finally be ‘discharged’.

L looked at her and smiled awkwardly. Of course Jaeun could see that, she had been with L for a while now and she knows if he is acting weird or what. “Yeah, I’m fine. It was just hot in the detention room.” He lied.

Jaeun nodded, even if she knew that he was lying. “Oppa said he would wait for us in this restaurant.” She told him, pertaining to Jiyong, her brother.

L suddenly felt his heart palpitating again. He was thinking about this encounter with her brother since lunch and he couldn’t deny that he is really scared – or worried and bothered – even with the mere thought of it.

Sure he was despicable and delinquent but this is different. He is actually going to eat with Jaeun’s family and he is sure as hell scared now more than ever because tonight, he will dine with Jiyong’s friends. He was sure as hell that his friends are as scary as he is.

Damn. He is feeling really feverish now.

“Yah, Death Note, did you hear what I said?” Jaeun spoke breaking L’s thoughts away.

L looked at Jaeun. “Uh, huh? What were you saying?” He asked back.

Jaeun sighed at L. “What are you thinking really? You’re acting different.” She said.

L smiled and messed her hair. “Nothing, Karate Kid. Don’t be mad.” He acted cutely for Jaeun to not be worried. For L, it is such unMANly to say that he is scared of meeting her brother’s friends. It was just so… gay.

He knew it and he would never admit it to Jaeun.

Jaeun gave him a look. “You sure? Because you are spacing out and it’s freaking me out.” She said in concern.

L nodded. “Yes. I’m sure.” He assured. *Gather yourself, Kim Myungsoo.* He scolded himself.

Jaeun looked at L and she knows that something is wrong with him. She had the idea of what is bothering him but she couldn’t get to bring herself to bring out the issue. She knows that L is bothered because they are meeting her brother and his friends now.

Of course. She feels the same way.

But she knows that L’s feeling all the pressure since he had ‘something’ for her.

Of course, he would feel burdened. They aren’t even a couple and he is meeting her one and only family already. Isn’t that a bit too early?

“Don’t think about it, okay?” She finally said.

L looked at her. Of course he knows that she has the idea of his mini-dilemma right now.

Jaeun smiled at him. “I will be there. You don’t have to be bothered about them.” She assured him.

L smiled and nodded.

Yes, that was what he just needed.

An assurance from the woman he loves.

To know that she will be there for him.

It was more than what he needed.

Jaeun looked at him being calmed a bit and sighed in relief. At least he’s going to be okay.

 

 

------

“Hyung, what do you think of your sister’s boyfriend?” Daesung asked Jiyong as they waited for Jaeun and L to arrive in the restaurant.

Jiyong smirked. “Well, he’s a total hottie if you would ask me.” He replied.

Taeyang and TOP laughed their asses off.

“Hyung, that is so gay!” Seungri embarked. “Gross.” He added with jittery movements.

Jiyong laughed. “Whatever. He is handsome. And I might say that he is perfect, appearance wise.” He explained.

The rest of the team nodded. “And for the other ‘wises’?” Taeyang asked.

Jiyong smirked. “That is what we will see tonight.” He replied with a hidden motive.

TOP smirked.

And everyone knew what will happen.

 

 

----

“Do I look okay?” L asked Jaeun.

He was wearing a black button down shirt tucked in white pants. Trust me. All the girls would swoon over him especially since his hair is fixed naturally. He looked like a prince. Literally. He does.

Jaeun almost laughed at him. Why is he asking if he looks okay? Doesn’t he know that he is taking every girl’s breath away even with his casual and uniform outfit? What more now that he is looking like he just set foot from that fairy tale book?

“You look great.” She told him with her heart skipping everytime she looks at him. *You don’t even know how you take my breath away every minute of right now.* She thought as she shook her head and went inside the restaurant.

L followed with his heart beating wildly. His nerves are striking now and he couldn’t stop himself from feeling this nervous.

Damn, he was really thankful that he wasn’t even shaking. It was the greatest relief.

They both spotted Jiyong with other 4 unknown and yep, handsome – looking people in a table in the middle of the restaurant.

Jiyong waved at them as soon as he saw them and the other boys looked their way.

Daesung, Taeyang and TOP seemed to gape at Jaeun as they saw her the first time. Yes, she was stunning with her plain white dress and her hair on a waterfall braid (courtesy of Mina who insisted of practicing what she learned from youtube).

“Wow. I didn’t know you had good genes, hyung.” Daesung remarked.

Taeyang and TOP nodded. They were just too into Jaeun and they couldn’t even say anything.

L followed after, leaving the 3 boys in awe again.

He was too dashing that even the boys couldn’t imagine where his handsomeness came from. He was beyond any model’s handsome limit and Jaeun is sure as hell lucky to have this handsome guy to be all head over heels for her.

Well, Jaeun was the same for L too.

“Good evening, uh, guys?” Jaeun greeted them and bowed.

L smiled at them and bowed. He didn’t know where exactly his tongue is right now. It’s as if he swallowed it already. He couldn’t even say a syllable.

Jiyong smiled. “Good evening, sister.” He greeted Jaeun. “And my sister’s man.” He pertained to L.

L smiled and bowed. “G-good evening, uh, Jaeun’s brother.” Trust me, he didn’t know what to call Jiyong. And that was one of the list of his worries for tonight.

Of course, Jiyong and his friends should like him after this encounter.

Seungri snickered at how L called Jiyong. “Just call us hyungs, Myungsoo.” He suggested. “I wouldn’t want to be called ‘Jaeun’s brother’s friend number 1’ or whatever.” He added with a friendly laugh.

L laughed awkwardly. “Uh, yes, hyung.” He was still getting used to calling him hyung.

Taeyang laughed at him. “Don’t get nervous around us. We’re not going to eat you.” He told L. “We just want to know you and…” He looked at Jaeun. “Jiyong’s sissy.” He added as he smiled at Jaeun.

Jaeun smiled awkwardly. The truth is, she is feeling really uneasy since the time she had greeted them because someone couldn’t stop staring at her.

TOP.

He was staring too much and she couldn’t even move an inch.

L noticed Jaeun’s uneasiness and held her hand under the table.

Jaeun looked at L and he gave her a smile.

Of course, L should man up for the girl he loves. Or maybe that was what Jiyong wanted to see from him.

The food arrived. It appeared that Jiyong has pre-ordered the foods. The  five boys raced to giving Jaeun the best of the foods they ordered.

“Hyung, I took her plate first!” Daesung whined as TOP gave Jaeun the steak. “Sorry for being too fast for you.” TOP told him, making Daesung roll his eyes.

Taeyang poured juice on Jaeun’s glass while Seungri offered her napkin.

Jiyong, on the other hand, was just on the watch of what L would do.

Of course everyone was waiting for what L would do. What will he do for Jaeun?

L stared at how the boys gave Jaeun attention and he was pressure on what to do. Well, what can he really do now that everyone had done everything for her?

Is this really the test?

L looked at Jaeun’s hair falling on her face and took the courage to arrange her hair. It was a simple gesture but only the person who pays attention to that certain someone would realize that the hair would be a distraction.

Jaeun was quite shocked of what L did. She looked at him, questioning, but L just gave her a sweet smile and, “I thought your hair was being a disturbance.”

Jaeun was quite stunned at what he said but still managed to smile despite having her face in the darker shade of red again. Jiyong smiled. So maybe, L passed?

 

 

 

---------

If you haven't checked this out, here's my newest fic about DARAGON. :)

"The Bully's Love" (click)

I hope you like it. :)