The Brother

Luck And You

 

“I am Kwon Jiyong.”

Jaeun felt her whole world stopping at the moment.

Kwon Jiyong.

Why does that sound familiar? She stared at this “Kwon Jiyong” guy in front of her. She scrutinized every feature in his face. And yes.

He had her mother’s eyes and lips. And her dad’s nose and contour of the face.

He flashed a simple smile. “I know you are not convinced right now. I know that you have been through a lot. You have lived on your own without mom and dad. You have experienced life cruelness. But don’t you worry, I did too. As matter of fact, I am still. Until now.” He started.

Jaeun looked at him without uttering a word. What do you all expect her to tell him?

She can’t just accept him the way he is. She experienced being alone. She was all alone all her life. As a matter of fact, she doesn’t need anyone right now. Especially right now that her heart is really waving when L is around. Not when her heart is starting to make her realize what she needs.

He gave her a soft smile. “Can we order first? I’ll tell you everything that happened while we eat.” He said.

Jaeun nodded.

There are a lot things going through her mind right now.

How could she have a brother? All she knew was she is an only child. She was raised by her parents alone. Her parents never mentioned that she has a brother. An elder brother.

So, how come this Kwon Jiyong is out right now?

But come to think of it, he has a resemblance with her parents. And when she looks at him, they have the same eyes and lips.

But how did this happen?

 

 

 

Their order came fast.

Jiyong was a gentleman. He served her food and poured her a drink, smiling widely.

Jaeun smiled weakly. “T-thanks.” She even stuttered in a simple word. Hell knows how uncomfortable she is feeling right now.

Jiyong just smiled. “Well, that’s a bit weird of you to stutter in a word.”  He beamed trying to lighten up the atmosphere.

Jaeun smiled. She can see how he works hard to get rid of the awkward mood. “So,” She started. “What happened?” She asked. “Why don’t I know that I have a brother?”

Jiyong smiled bitterly. “I don’t exactly know why. I grew up with the people who adopted me. The truth is, it was just 3 weeks since I knew I am adopted. I was a baby when our parents gave me away so, I don’t know much of them. My foster parents don’t really want to open that up because to them, I am already their son and they don’t want me to know my real past anymore.” He narrated.

Jaeun looked at him. “But why were you given away?” She asked.

Jiyong shrugged. “I don’t know. Maybe they need money? Or maybe they need a daughter and not a son.” He replied. “But I don’t regret anything because my foster parents took care of me really well.” He continued.

“How did you know you were adopted?” She asked.

Jiyong sighed. “I accidentally saw my real birth certificate when I was looking for my wea-, I mean, when I was going through my things.” He replied.

Jaeun nodded. “Do you still use your birth name?” She asked.

Jiyong nodded. “Coincidentally, my foster father’s surname is also KWON. Then they got the name our parents gave me.” He replied.

Jaeun nodded. “Good to know.” She replied smiling.

Jiyong smiled back. “So, how are you? How have you been all these time?” He asked.

Jaeun smiled faintly. “Well, I practiced living by myself after living in the orphanage for years. I work and I pay for my everyday necessities.” She replied.

Jiyong nodded. “How about your schooling?” He asked.

Jaeun smiled. “I was hired as a tutor of the owner of the school so, I don’t pay for my tuition fee. It is all shouldered by my boss.” She replied.

He smiled. “That’s cool!” He beamed. “But you still work? Aren’t you tired?” He asked. Worried to the nerves.

Jaeun smiled and shook her head. “No. I enjoy it actually. Tutoring and working at the café.” She replied. “I’ve found new friends since and I am enjoying every bit of it.” She added.

He nodded. “Good to know.” He spoke.

Jaeun smiled at her brother. Right now, she is feeling it. She might not like how it feels at first because of the awkwardness; they can outgrow that, can’t they? They will get more comfortable with each passing day.

Just right now, Jaeun wants to know everything that happened for them to catch up with their own lives.

“But how did you know where I live? How did you know that I am living in that apartment?” She asked.

He smiled. “My parents gave me the information about our real parents and I found out that they are dead. I have searched all the orphanages and then I came to the orphanage you have been through. They gave me the information I needed. And poof, you received my letter.” He beamed.

Jaeun chuckled. “Wow. Persistent, huh? I can’t believe they gave it to you just like that!” She beamed.

Jiyong shook his head. “I even have to present them my birth certificate before they finally believed. At first, they think I am fabricating the birth certificate. But then they saw the dry seal and they eventually believed.” He narrated. “You don’t know everything I have been through just to find you.” He finished.

Jaeun just smiled when she heard the hardships Jiyong went through.

She somehow feels that she is opening up to him a bit.

“Do you have class tomorrow?” He asked.

Jaeun nodded. “No. It’s Sunday.” She replied.

“Good.” Jiyong said. “I will pick you up tomorrow morning.” He replied.

“Why?” She asked.

Jiyong smirked. “To clear your doubts away, we will have a DNA test tomorrow.” He replied.

Jaeun widened her eyes. DNA test? Does that mean she has to meet those doctors again?  NO! She doesn’t want to.

“What’s wrong?” He asked, worried.

Jaeun looked at him in horror. “Do we really have to go to the doctor?” She asked.

Jiyong smiled and chuckled. “So you are afraid of those white coat people huh?” He asked.

Jaeun nodded. “Yes.” She replied shyly.

“Don’t worry, we’ll go to the clinic. Not to the hospital.” He reassured. “I have a friend who is a doctor and a medical technologist.” He added. “And he doesn’t wear a white coat.” He continued.

Jaeun smiled at how Jiyong was so considerate of her feelings. And not only that, he even thought of them undergoing a DNA test. He really knows to wash her doubts away.

“Okay.” She replied.

Jiyong smiled. “Good. Now, eat all that up!” He ordered.

Jaeun nodded and happily ate.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Why are you so fidgety there, L?” Sungyeol asked.

L looked at his best friend worriedly. “Jaeun.” He replied.

The Infinite boys are gathered at Hoya’s house tonight because they decided to play XBOX 360. It has been a while since these boys have had this kind of bonding because of the tutoring sessions they are in.

And L is pacing like this.

Oh please.

“Woah! You and Jaeun are really something now, Myungsoo?” Woohyun asked while his eyes are fixed on the screen, playing NBA.

L sighed. “Whatever.” He replied. “You don’t know.” He added.

“Then, tell us, hyung!” Sungjong beamed while he is eating chips. Heh, the maknae doesn’t like these kinds of games.

L sighed and messed his hair as he sat beside the maknae at the mini bar. “Jaeun. She received a note this morning telling her to go to a restaurant tonight because she will meet her last family.” He replied really worried.

“WOW! So, she still has a family?” Hoya asked.

L shrugged. “I don’t know. I am not sure. What if that letter is a prank? What if something bad happens to her?” He asked panicking. “I can’t take it. I’ve been calling her many times already but her phone is off.” He added, adding more intensity to his panic mode.

“Relax, L.” Dongwoo beamed.

Sunggyu nodded. “He’s right, Myungsoo. Just relax your guts and your girl will be fine.” He spoke. “And Jaeun can turn down any one in a blow. She did give you a blow before right?” HE asked teasingly.

L rolled his eyes. “Tch.” L couldn’t even speak when he remembers how they were before. Look at them now, feeling something for each other.

And here is L, panicking his heart out.

Worrying for his girl.

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------

Oh. You'll love the next update. You'll see L tooot toooot tooooot.

BYE! HAHAHAHHAA! 

LOVE YOU PEEPS!!!! ^^