When Death Note is not around

Luck And You

 

“You should study Chemistry tonight. Big Exam is tomorrow.” Jaeun said as she practically sighed because of L.

L blinked at her. “You know I don’t study when I am alone.” He replied nonchalantly.

Jaeun sent him a deadly glare. “Don’t give me lame excuses, L. You should learn to study on your own too, you know.” She mused.

L blinked at her before smirking. “If I do that, what are you up to do then? You are my tutor, so, definitely, you are expected to help me study.” He replied wittily.

Jaeun shut her eyes eagerly to contain the pissed off feeling in her now. “Do not be so dependent, L. You have your life to live. And your lessons to study.” She said.

L nodded uninterestingly. “Yeah yeah.” He replied.

Jaeun rolled her eyes. She knows that L isn’t listening to her right now. He is not listening to her at all. He never did. As much as she could remember.

Jaeun smiled as she shut the book. “Alright. I’ll see you tomorrow.” She said as she motioned to stand up and leave.

L looked at her, preparing her stuff. “Karate Kid,” He called.

Jaeun stopped. It has been a long time since she heard him call her that. It sounds weird but that familiar feel is still there. “What, Death Note?” She asked back.

L grinned. “I am hungry.” He said.

Jaeun raised her brow. “So?” She asked.

L smirked.

“Don’t tell me you are asking me to buy you food?” Jaeun snapped. “Sorry, Death Note Kid, but I am not your personal assistant.” She shot.

L chuckled. “I haven’t even told you anything, Karate Kid. I just said I am hungry.” He replied.

Jaeun rolled her eyes. “Of course I am sure there is more to it than informing me about your hungry stomach, Death Note.” She snapped.

L chuckled again, amused at how Jaeun would fight back to him again. This is what he has been waiting for. He actually missed this. He missed the bickering sessions he have with Jaeun.

Jaeun wrinkled her nose. “What?” She asked. “Why are you just laughing there?” She asked.

L shrugged as he stood up. “Come on.” He said as he walked pass her.

Jaeun looked at him confused. “What?” She asked.

L looked back at her. “Come on. Join me.” He said.

Jaeun gave him a narrowed look. “What? Why should I?” She asked as if that was the most disgusting idea ever.

L raised his brow. “I don’t want to eat alone. So, eat with me.” He informed.

Jaeun gave him a confused look. “What?” She asked, not absorbing anything that L is talking about.

L looked at her. “Come with me. Let’s eat.” He said directly.

Jaeun narrowed her eyes on him. “Why should I?” She asked.

L shrugged. “Just because.” He replied.

Jaeun wrinkled her nose. “Sorry. I am going home.” She said as she walked pass by him.

L blinked at her and smirked. “You can ride with me.” He said. “I will pass by your house anyways.” He offered.

Jaeun looked at him, not believing. Who knows? He is a living deception.

L grinned. “What? Come on.” He surged. “I am not going to eat you.” He defended.

Jaeun raised her brow. “First, you should know, that before you eat me, you lost all your teeth already.” She shot.

L chuckled. “Why are you always so feisty?” He asked.

Jaeun rolled her eyes. “Why are you always so irritating?” She asked back.

L scoffed. “FYR, I wasn’t annoying you these past few days, Karate Kid.” He mused.

Jaeun shook her head. But come to think of it, L has been really different these past few days. So, yeah. Maybe she is giving him a yes now. “Make it fast.” She said as she walked on before she paused. “It’s FYI not FYR.” She shot.

L smiled. “I know that. I was just testing your knowledge.” He replied.

Jaeun rolled her eyes. “Whatever.” She said as the two of them walked together.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jaeun couldn’t stop tapping her fingers on her desk as she looked at the empty seat beside her.

She was starting to mutter a string of curses under her breath because L hasn’t still arrived. She kept on looking at the clock and at her phone.

*Where the hell is that jerk?* She thought as she started to grow frantic.

She even got more worried when she saw those usually late people coming in right now already. The others are reviewing for the upcoming big exam in Chemistry while she is here worrying about this jerk Death Note.

She looked at her phone. There were no new messages.

She looked around and saw all the Infinite members are in already.

*Where is he? I did remind him not to absent himself today!* She screamed in her mind.

She waited for another minute but no L came. That is when she decided to text him.

 

To: Death Note Kid

Where are you? The exam’s about to start.

 

She sighed upon pressing ‘send’, wishing L would reply right now.

She doesn’t know but she is really worried about L. It isn’t even right to feel this way because she wanted him to disappear because he is always annoying her.

But why is she worried as hell today?

She sighed and waited. Well, that is the only thing she could do. And she doesn’t even know why she is waiting for him. She should be celebrating right now because at last her day would be quiet without L.

But why is she feeling like something is missing?

Why does she feel like her day is not complete?

Why does she feel like a part of her day is not going to be complete?

She shook her head with all those feelings and imaginations. *No, Kwon Jaeun, you are just not used to him not ruining your day.* She thought as she tried to focus on her notes.