The Plan

Luck And You

“So what does your family do for a living?” Jiyong asked L in the dinner.

Although L had felt something got loose between him and Jiyong and his friends, he still felt intimidated with every question Jiyong is asking.

He wouldn’t feel easy in any way because it is Jaeun’s family we are talking about here. And L has been trying his best to impress every tiny strand of Kwon Jiyong’s hair.

L gulped. “My dad’s a business man. He is usuallu out of the country.” He started. Everyone nodded. “My mother is one of the owners of the school Jaeun and I are in.” He finished.

Jiyong’s eyes widened, and so with his friends. “What?!” He asked almost spilling his drinks. “You are the owner of the school?!” He asked in disbelief.

L stared at the five interrogators and nodded, awkwardly. “Yes?” He replied unsurely.

Jaeun chuckled in her seat. She didn’t know that these people really don’t know anything about L and his family background.

“Wow! So, you are not just handsome, you are rich as well.” Taeyang beamed.

Daesung nodded. “Prince indeed.” He agreed.

TOP nodded. He seemed not absorbing anything as well.

Seungri laughed. “Now, I think he’s perfect for your sister, Jiyong hyung.” He teased.

Jiyong gulped. Okay. So his sister’s suitor is big time. Well, it’s not like it will matter or what but this just secures everything for Jaeun.

Of course as a brother, he is worried that with a handsome man courting his sister, his sister would be in danger. Sure, L would have a lot of fan girls and those fan girls can go wild and maybe hurt his sister once L and Jaeun would be together.

Of course, Kwon Jiyong was just like another protective brother out there.

Especially now that he just met his sister.

He wouldn’t want to know that his sister is hurt because he was less protective. So, he had to make sure that only the right guys will be around his sister.

And maybe L had some privilege to do that.

Knowing that he is powerful enough to chase all the people who would hurt Jaeun, Jiyong had somehow put his trust on L about this.

 

---

“So, how did it go?” Sungyeol asked L.

Infinite was hanging out on their usual hideout and everyone’s eyes are on L because he had been into the toughest part of his life.

Yes. The L they know would never chicken out over a simple dinner.

But he did.

Guess, he really loves Jaeun that much to the point that he is afraid he might disappoint Jaeun’s one and only living family.

L couldn’t even imagine the terror he was feeling last night. It was as if someone had a gun into his head and wrong move he will pull the trigger. Yes, that was how delicate last night was for him. He even laid his life on the line.

Sungjong laughed. “Aigoo, hyung. You thought you will die, right?” He teased.

L gave him the deadliest glare he could give. “Shut up, maknae.” He spoke, making Sungjong laugh even louder.

Seriously, this is the rare times where they could laugh at L because he is super duper mega love sick and he couldn’t even hide it.

He wasn’t even like this when he was with Jiae.

“Hell, man. I never felt that way before.” L finally replied to Sungyeol’s question.

The boys leaned closer to ask for more details and L narrated every single detail from the previous night. Of course, he had to. They are blood brothers for Pete’s sake.

“So, I guess, they all have approved?” Sunggyu asked.

L shrugged. “I hope so too, hyung.” He replied as he messed his hair. “Ugh. Why is this so hard?” He asked frustrated.

Woohyun and Dongwoo looked at each other. “Well, it’s really hard.” Dongwoo agreed. L looked at him. “But why are you stressing over that thing? Aren’t you stressing your love for Jaeun instead?” He asked.

L gave him a weird look.

Woohyun nodded. “He’s right. You should be busy making Jaeun your girl now, not busy convincing her family to like you.” He explained.

L narrowed his eyes on his hyungs. *Yes. They are right. I should be focusing on Jaeun and not on her family.* He thought.

Woohyun and Dongwoo smiled.

“Don’t worry, Myungsoo. We have it planned for you.” Woohyun and Dongwoo wriggled their brows.

L gave them a weird look.

 

---

“This better be right.” L said as he looked at Woohyun and Dongwoo who are all smiles about this plan. Seems like they have been waiting for this moment of their lives.

Dongwoo slung his arm around L’s neck. “Don’t worry, Myungsoo, this will work.” He assured. “You just have to put on that stoic look and don’t talk to Jaeun for the whole hour. If she asks you something, answer it directly. Don’t flirt, okay?” He ordered.

L gave him a look. “O-kay.” He replied unsure of what he is putting himself into.

But actually, what he is scared of is that, what if Jaeun doesn’t even care if he talks to her or not? What is she won’t even miss him? What if…

Ugh. *Stop thinking, Kim Myungsoo. Just be positive.*

“Okay! Go!” Woohyun and Dongwoo pushed L inside the room.

All the girls looked at L. Of course, he is wearing something that even made him stand out. He was wearing blue v-neck shirt. Sure it was simple but imagine L flaunting it. V-neck shirts will never be the same again.

Jaeun who arrived first stared at L. Sure he looked hot. She can’t deny it. But why does she feel like there is something wrong with how he is acting right now.

L walked to his seat, beside Jaeun. He was fighting the urge to greet her good morning because somehow, if this plan works, then maybe he can get Jaeun to confess that she loves him too. Right?

“You’re late.” Jaeun looked at her watch.

L nodded. “Yeah. Had to do something.” He replied without even looking at her.

Jaeun frowned. *Something is wrong with him.* She thought as she sighed hard and read her book, or no. She started to think.

How could L change overnight?

Then her eyes widened.

What if L realized that he doesn’t like her anymore because her brother was just too harsh on him?

What if he gives up on her because he couldn’t handle the pressure from her brother?

Jaeun shook her head. *No. Death Note is sure stupid but he would not think of giving up.* She thought to convince herself.

L looked at Jaeun who was quiet on her own. She seemed so into what she is reading and she doesn’t even look at him.

His heart suddenly felt the urge to talk to her.

.

What if she doesn’t really care if he talks to her or not?

What if she doesn’t even really give a damn?

He looked at Dongwoo and Woohyun who were giving him thumbs up. “I don’t think she cares at all.” He mouthed.

Dongwoo looked at Jaeun who was reading her book. *Would she not really care?* He thought as he read her actions. *I don’t think so.* He thought again.

He looked at Woohyun. “Do you think we need to bring in the props?” He asked.

Woohyun smirked. “Good point.” He agreed as he texted Sungyeol for their Plan B.

 

---

“What the-“ L couldn’t even finish his sentence because he was flooded with gifts and sweets from ‘fan girls’.

Jaeun looked at all the gifts that literally landed on L. *Is it Christmas Day?* She thought as she eyed every single gift.

Suddenly, there is immediate insecure feeling she got.

What if L stopped liking her because she couldn’t give him any gift?

What if L stopped pursuing her because he realized that other fan girls could give him more than she could give?

Oh hell. *Kwon Jaeun, you jealous freak.* She thought as she ducked her head and pretended to sleep.