I Can't Believe You Can't Feel It

Luck And You

 

“What the hell are you doing here so grumpy like this?” Jaeun crossed her arms at L who was not talking to anybody.

L had never laid eyes on Jaeun and on anyone else since the time he walked ahead.

He wasn’t looking at clothes.

He always walks ahead of others.

He never talks to anyone.

He never waits.

One word.

GRUMPY.

Hell, he was affecting the mood of the group. Negatively affecting.

And Jaeun is pissed about L’s attitude. How could he just spoil everyone’s mood so easily?

L blinked at her. “What?” He asked back nonchalantly.

Jaeun breathed deeply as she looked at L in disbelief. “Why the hell are you acting like this?” She asked.

No one was brave enough to ask L what his problem is. Well, only the Karate Kid can tame the Death Note Kid.

L sighed, looked away as he sat leisurely on one of the empty seats in an open stall in the mall.

Jaeun rolled her eyes. “Fine.” She said. “Suit yourself.” Then she walked away.

L’s eyes widened at Jaeun’s sudden attitude change. He shut his eyes forcefully. “Aish. She didn’t even insist.” He thought to himself as he sighed hard.

“You don’t do that to a woman, Sir.” A guy – the waiter – walked to him.

L narrowed his eyes on the waiter. “What?” He asked as if he didn’t know what the waiter was talking about.

The waiter smirked. “You know what I am talking about, sir.” He said. “Now, go and follow your girlfriend.” He encouraged.

L shook his head. “She is not my girlfriend.” He replied.

The waiter looked at him. “But you like her.” He immediately replied.

L froze. What was this stranger talking about? What like is he talking about?

Sure, he wanted to be with Kwon Jaeun the whole time. Sure, he wanted to see her everyday. Sure, he wanted to bicker with her everyday.

But “like” her?

Hell no!

Why would he like that amazona Karate Kid?

She is way way waaaaaaay different and opposite of his ideal type.

She is not y enough. Until L looked at her just now.

He gulped as he snapped out of his thoughts.

She is not beautiful enough. Until L found her angelic in her ordinary clothes. Heck. She just reflected a thousand of bright lights making her shine in L’s eyes.

He shook his head snapping out of his thoughts once again.

He glanced at Jaeun who was beside Sungyeol now and she is smiling brightly.

One thing that he had never seen her do when she is with him.

Somehow, he felt his heart constricting. Like it was aching bit by bit.

Seeing Jaeun laugh and talk with other guys just makes him want to steal her away from the world.

L stopped. *No. What was I thinking?* He scolded himself in his mind. *Why was I thinking of those kinds of stupid things?* He mentally slapped himself.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Where are you taking me?” Jaeun scowled at L who was literally dragging her away from the others.

L saw Sungyeol slinging his arms around Jaeun. And believe it or not, best friend or not, he was ready to punch him straight to the face.

Instead, he grabbed Jaeun away from all of them. Making all of them speechless.

Jaeun was equally speechless as the others.

“Hey, Death Note! Would you please tell me what the hell is wrong with you?!” Jaeun screamed at his face not minding if she was making a scene.

Her wrist hurt because L gripped on it too tightly. And she is confused of what L is showing her.

What’s with him and his mood swings these past few days?

At one point, he is normal. At the other, he acts like a jerk.

It’s really driving her insane.

L looked at Jaeun who looks really frustrated.

Jaeun gave him a questioning look.

L sighed and raked his finger through his hair. “Why are you like that in front of other guys? Why do you let them touch you like that?” He asked frustrated.

Jaeun narrowed her eyes on L. “Touch me like what?” She asked.

L rolled his eyes. “Why did you let Sungyeol sling his arms around your neck like that?!” He blurted out making the people look their way.

Jaeun froze at that minute. Why did L sound like he is jealous?

And why is she feeling good about the thought of L getting jealous?

L looked at her in distraught because she is not responding to him. “What? Are you just going to stare at me like that?” He asked her.

Jaeun smirked. “Are you jealous?” She asked.

L froze.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jaeun sighed for the 78th time the evening that day.

Well, she still couldn’t absorb what happened today. She still couldn’t process everything she learned today.

“No, Jaeun. That really meant nothing.” She thought as she smacked her head for the nth time.

“Owwww!” She whined. “Why am I hurting myself again?” She asked as she massaged the point she smacked.

Well, tonight, it is official. She is going crazy.

L is driving her insane.

 

Jaeun smirked. “Are you jealous?” She asked.

L froze.

Jaeun gave him a serious look. “What?” She asked again.

L sighed. “Yes, I am. What are you going to do about it?” He asked her. “I don’t like you hanging around other guys. I don’t like you smiling at other guys. I don’t like you talking to them.” He reiterated. He is mad. He is frustrated. He is jealous. “Is there something you can do about it?” He asked.

Jaeun stood there, dumbfounded and frozen. She didn’t know what to respond to L. She didn’t know if she should respond to him.

L walked to her. “Kwon Jaeun, what have you done to me? Why are you driving me insane?” He asked her.

Jaeun looked right in his eyes. “Do… you like me?” She asked hesitantly. She wasn’t even sure if L was telling the truth or if he is playing games with her again. After all, that is what he is good at. Playing games.

L looked right back at her, shaking his head. “I can’t believe you can’t feel it.” He said as he turned his back on her and walked away.

 

Jaeun sighed hard upon remembering his words. She is still as dumbfounded as she was a while ago.

L’s words are huge.

She can’t just make herself believe everything for a second because L said it.

But looking back, she was starting to feel weird things about L since… she saw him play with the kids in the orphanage.

Sure, she still treated L the same afterwards but no, she wasn’t feeling the same.

She sort of felt… attached.

Since L broke up with Jiae, he had been tailing on her wherever she goes.

She might not say it verbally, but she notices him everywhere she goes.

And believe it or not, she likes it. She likes it very much.

She shut her eyes as she tried to calm her mind from thinking.

Until her phone beeped.

 

From: Death Note L

Are you asleep?

 

Jaeun bit her lip as her heart beat faster upon seeing L’s name. She sighed.

 

To: Death Note L

Not yet.

 

Jaeun anxiously waited for his reply. Yes, she was nervous and she exactly doesn’t know why. She just is.

 

From: Death Note L

Are you still thinking of what I told you?

 

Jaeun shook all the thoughts away.

 

To: Death Note L

No. I am studying.

 

Okay, she lied. She didn’t know what to reply. She doesn’t want to lie but she definitely and absolutely doesn’t want to admit that she is still bothered by it.

 

From: Death Note L

Don’t think about it. Sleep now. Good night. See you tomorrow. :)

 

Jaeun smiled unconsciously. Just the thought of seeing L tomorrow is making her giddy. *Good night, Death Note.* She thought as she turned the lights off.