Charms

Luck And You

 

Perhaps, having someone you can lean on is a great thing. You will have someone to be by your side when you are sad, down and feeling blue. You know that you have someone to share your thoughts, emotions, and feelings.

Yes, that was good.

But with Jaeun?

No.

She grew up without parents and she was put into an orphanage.

With no one to lean on besides the people in the orphanage who guided.

That’s why she is trying her best to give back what they have done for her.

And one example is her party for the kids.

Even if it was simple, she was contented because she saw the smiles of the kids in the party. They are all happy and precious and adorable.

Jaeun is definitely happy just by seeing those curves on their lips and the laughs and the giggles of the kids playing with them.

It is just plain precious.

And then there’s Kim Myungsoo who is trying his best to play with the kids.

It is funny how his image playing with kids looked so cute and ideal. Like he is close to kids as well. Like he can handle kids really well.

He tries to play with them to the best of his abilities. He was even submitting himself to all the demands of the kids.

Jaeun found it a little… cute?

Who wouldn’t?

She always thought of him as a man without a direction in life. A . A pain in every part of the body.

But this.

Maybe this has changed every bad impression she had on him. So, maybe he was okay.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“L! Where were you yesterday?!” Sungyeol growled at him as he sat beside him in the cafeteria.

L looked at his friends coming to sit with him for lunch. Then he looked at Sungyeol. “What? Did you miss me that much?” He asked as he drank his coke.

Sungyeol rolled his eyes as the rest just giggled. Okay. So maybe, Sungyeol is a bit obsessed about L. Lol

“But really, where were you yesterday? We had fun at Hoya’s.” Sunggyu asked.

L shrugged. “Just somewhere.” He replied.

Infinite gave him a look.

L blinked. “What?” He asked innocently.

Infinite gave him another look.

Hoya raised his brow. “You didn’t have FUN with Jiae did you?” He asked.

L scoffed. “Yeah, right. I didn’t tell you about it, did I?” He asked. The boys looked at him weirdly.

“What is it, hyung?” Sungjong asked.

L sighed. “Jiae and I are over.” He replied.

Then, there was silence. The Infinite boys suddenly dropped their jaws in shock.

“WHAT!? WHEN?!” Dongwoo burst out first.

L looked at him. “Yesterday?” He answered in a question manner.

Everyone’s eyes widened.

“THEN WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU YESTERDAY?! DON’T TELL US YOU DRANK BY YOURSELF HUH!” Woohyun cried.

L blinked at them.

“Hyung, we all know that it hurts that the two of you are no longer a couple but please, don’t take all the problems to yourself. You have us.” Sungjong said.

The rest of the boys nodded and L just blinked at them.

“What are you all talking about?” he asked.

Infinite looked at him.

“We know that you love Jiae so much and it is hard for you to go through all this. So, please, share your troubles with us. We are willing to help.” Sungyeol said, tapping L’s shoulder.

L scoffed. “WHAT?!” He asked in disbelief. “Who said I was troubled and I was keeping my troubles to myself?” He asked them.

Infinite looked at him.

“So, you are not sad?” Sunggyu asked.

L rolled his eyes. “Of course I am not. I was the one who broke up with her!” He beamed.

Infinite’s faces brightened upon hearing that. It is like the time they have been waiting for the rest of their lives.

This day.

The day L breaks up with Jiae.

For that, they cheered!

“YEAH BRO! YOU REALLY DID IT THIS TIME!”

“YOU ARE DEFINITELY THE COOLEST MAN AFTER YOU DID THAT!”

“HANDS DOWN!”

“GREAT MAN!”

And they are so noisy that all of the people in the cafeteria are looking at them with weird faces. Like they are bothered at why they are like that now.

L shook his head and rolled his eyes at his friends for their childish act. “Abnormal people.” He muttered as he was shaking his head.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jaeun was working today at the Lee Café.

She was absent yesterday because she was asked by Mrs. Lee to just rest her body since she was a bit working too much.

“I like how the party went.” Mina said.

Jaeun smiled and nodded as she recalled the smiling happy faces of the kids. “Me too!” She replied. “Perhaps it is one of the rare times that I have seen them happy like that.” She added.

Of course she would know if the kids are happy or not. Because she was in their shoes before. She was like that before.

Mina nodded. “I know.” She agreed. “But you know what I feel so happy about?” She asked.

Jaeun shook her head. “What?” She asked.

 Mina grinned. “You and L.” She replied.

Jaeun looked at her with narrowed eyes. “What are you talking about?” She asked.

Mina made a face. “Don’t you even think of him as a guy with a lot of charms?” She asked.

Jaeun looked at her with a boring expression. “What? Of course not.” She replied as she resumed what she was doing.

Mina sighed and rolled her eyes. “Heartless.” She mumbled as she resumed to her work.

Jaeun shook his head as the pictures of L playing with the kids flashed in her head once again.

And based from it, yes.

She actually thinks of L as a guy with a lot of charms.

But there is no way she is going to admit it.

Not to Mina.

Not to anyone.