Dark Shade of Red

Luck And You

Lesson has passed for Jaeun with her heart unstable all throughout. How could it manage to stay normal when L is obviously staring at her all throughout.

Ms. Yu even called L’s attention in History class but no, L just couldn’t get his eyes off Jaeun. And that’s what’s making Jaeun uncomfortable.

It was hard for her to face him because he had confessed to her. And it is even harder for her now because L is nonstop staring at her. Like he would want to own her in that stare.

Everyone in class was curious about what happened between the cat and dog couple that would make them act like this. This awkward, uncomfortable, and somehow, that transformation in L’s cold image to this cute and smiling appearance.

How the hell did this happen?

Even Eunmi and the Infinite members don’t know what happened to these two.

Jaeun sighed and faced L. “What is wrong, L-ssi?” She asked.

Mrs. Shin left them a seatwork so, they are allowed to talk in class.

L cocked his head. “L-ssi?” He asked with a teasing smile. “Wow. You call me that now?” He asked almost in disbelief.

Jaeun rolled her eyes. “Whatever. Just stop staring at me.” She said as she faced front because she finished her work already.

L just shook his head. “Melting tigress.” He mumbled.

Jaeun heard it and shot him a glare.

L just chuckled. He loves it this way.

Perhaps this is the first time that he is the one to woo girls. He’s never done courting because the girls go to him. The girls throw themselves at him.

Not the other way around.

Then Kwon Jaeun arrived. She happened to be this only girl who never paid attention to his looks, rather, she hated him. All of him.

Who would predict that she will be this girl that L would spend his time upon? Who would think that she will be the first girl who would make L send flowers in the morning, saying that he is going to make her smile everyday?

Well, to L and to those who knows him so well, it would sound unreal. But no, he did it.

Even L couldn’t believe it himself.

L found himself scribbling words in a piece of paper – a note to be exact. He smiled to himself as he passed the note to Jaeun.

Jaeun raised her brow as she stared at that piece of paper on her desk.

“Are you mad at me?” the note said.

Jaeun narrowed her eyes at the note before looking at L’s way. She sighed as she pushed the note back, not leaving a reply.

L blinked at the note. He gave Jaeun look of disbelief.

How could she not reply?

*Is she really mad about me staring at her face?* He asked in his thoughts. *I’ll ask her later.* He thought as he kept the paper in his bag.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jaeun on the other hand was busy thinking of what L meant in that letter. *What mad is he talking about? I’m conscious, that’s why!* She thought as someone poked her.

She looked her left side and saw Minwoo smiling brightly at him. She smiled back.

“Hey, are you going to the café after class?” HE asked.

Jaeun smiled. “Ye-“

“We have tutor session today, right?” L butted in.

Jaeun gave L a look. “What? We ju-“

“I don’t really get anything from Chemistry and I think I will fail the quiz tomorrow.” L pretended to read his notes.

Jaeun scoffed and was about to tell Minwoo the truth hell just sent her a death glare.

Minwoo smiled. “It’s okay. We can go to work together some other time.” He said.

Jaeun smiled awkwardly at him before glaring at L who is pretending to do something. She balled her fist. *Death note kid!* She screamed in her mind.

L was jumping in his mind due to his victory.

Oh, L. What has love done to you?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Classes are over.

L smiled at Jaeun as he coolly slung his backpack. “So, where do you want to eat?” He asked her.

Jaeun raised her brow. “We are not going to eat. You are going to study right?” She asked as she fixed her things.

L thought and nodded. “Well, yeah. But I am hungry so let’s just study in the resto, what do you think?” He asked as he gave her a goofy grin.

Jaeun rolled her eyes as she carried the books that she will leave in her locker. “I think that’s ridiculous.” She beamed as she started walking.

L scoffed and followed her. This time, he took the books from her. “Let me carry these for you.” He said.

Jaeun shook her head. “No, I can handle it.” She said as she tried to get them back but L raised it higher, the point that Jaeun can’t reach. “Nope. I insist.” He said as he walked ahead to Jaeun’s locker.

Jaeun sighed hard but she couldn’t help but get touched by L’s thoughtfulness. She might not show it but she appreciates everything a lot.

Especially when L tries to be sweet but she shuts him off.

As much as she wants to give back all the sweet things L has done, she doesn’t know how to show it because she is new to this thing. She has never experienced being special to someone else. Well, other than her late parents of course.

“Key.” L extended his hand to Jaeun.

Jaeun rolled her eyes and opened the locker.

L smiled as he placed the books in.

Jaeun locked it and faced L. “Come on?” She asked.

L nodded and started to walk behind Jaeun.

He is smiling. Damn, the cold Kim Myungsoo is smiling widely in this dismissal time.

Trust me, all the girls who saw him smile are melting in joy. Melting in ‘Kilig’-ness (A/N: Kilig is a Filipino term for giddy, excited, etc.)

This is just one of the rarest times that one could see L smile like this. It is like his mouth is going to rip due to its wideness.

Jaeun is getting conscious by the eyes of the girls who are looking her way.

No.

She thinks they are glaring her way.

She shut her eyes forcefully and sighed hard as she walked faster, looking down.

Now, this is something that she doesn’t want when she gets associated with L.

L has a lot of fans and they are not just fans. They are delusional fans who wouldn’t want someone to be with their precious oppa. They would bully her and play pranks at her everyday. They would hate her so much and may even use witch craft on her. They would even send death threats and time bombs if they could.

Oh yes.

These. Are. Fans.

Jaeun is not scared, though. She is worried by the fact that they wouldn’t stop bothering her once they know that L likes her.

That makes her very uncomfortable.

L, who was walking behind her, noticed the eyes of the girls looking at her in a bad way.

He breathed deeply and walked faster, beside Jaeun.

Jaeun looked at him, questioning.

L grinned and held her hand, to Jaeun’s surprise.

The girls looking started gossiping about their relationship.

“Wait, are they dating?”

“Didn’t L oppa say they are not yet dating this morning?”

“Oh no! He’s taken?”

“L oppa is mine!”

Girls started to get their hearts broken by the time L held hands with Jaeun.

Jaeun, on the other hand, just shut her eyes forcefully as she let L pull her closer to him.

“Come near me or they will kill you.” He whispered to her, making some of those girls shipping them shout in awe and giddiness.

Jaeun breathed deeply. “What would they think of us?!” She hissed.

L smirked. “Just let them think what they want to think.” L said. “At the end of the day, we know what we are, right?” He replied. “Don’t you think that is what matters, Karate Kid?” He asked.

Jaeun sighed and nodded. “Okay, whatever. Just control your fans. I don’t want them bothering me.” She ordered.

L smiled and squeezed her hand. “Yes, of course. Why would I let them bother the woman I like? Of course I would protect you.” He retorted.

Jaeun smiled as her heart wavered.

Damn, L is going to make it harder for her heart to serve its main purpose.

Her heart just starts fluttering whenever L begins to be the sweet-talker Death Note Kid. She doesn’t know somehow, she is getting used to this. She is getting used to her heart beating fast when L is around. Well, she has been feeling this heart flutter weeks before L said he likes her. It just intensified today because she is aware of what he feels.

“Jaeun, I think there’s something in my eyes.” L told her.

Jaeun suddenly tiptoed to look at his eyes only to get kissed by L on her cheek.

Jaeun’s eyes widened. L grinned.

“Sorry, I just want to know how it feels.” L grinned making Jaeun blush in a dark shade of red.

 

 

 

 

==================================

This couple. <3