Awkward and Shocking

Luck And You

 

Jaeun heard a loud door bell as she was cooking for her breakfast the next day.

“Who is that again? So early.” She mumbled as she strutted to her door.

Her eyes widened as she opened her door and saw a bouquet of tulips in her doorstep. She looked around but no one was around.

She looked at the flowers and narrowed her eyes as she picked it up.

No one ever dared to give her something before.

She saw a card in the flowers and read it.

‘Karate Kid, starting today, I will make you smile everyday. Good morning! ^^ - Death Note’

Jaeun smiled automatically as she read the letter. *So, what is he trying to do?* She thought as she went inside and prepared for school now.

She still couldn’t get used to the fact that L actually admitted that he likes her and now is getting sweeter and sweeter and more thoughtful than ever.

Who would think that the person who hates her the most would like her like this? Hell, that is like the most impossible thing ever.

But the thing is, she still couldn’t believe it could happen. Well, it is hard to believe it anyway.

Jaeun stared at the flowers for a while before walking to school. How would she know what her heart feels if she doesn’t believe everything that is happening right now?

The question is, would she be able to act normally around L now? Knowing that he had feeling for her?

She never watched dramas and she definitely haven’t dated anyone so, she obviously doesn’t know what to act in front of someone who admitted and confessed that he likes you.

Would she act normally? Of course she wouldn’t. The feelings are not the same anymore. The feelings have leveled up, so, definitely, she isn’t going to act anywhere near normal in front of L.

But how?

I sure don’t know. But it is going to be hard.

It is going to be awkward.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jaeun walked to school a bit dodgy than before because she knows she isn’t ready to meet L or any of the Infinite members. She thought L might have told them the story and that makes her more nervous.

Damn. She hadn’t been this nervous before, not even when she went out of the orphanage. It feels like her heart is going to explode any minute from now.

She looked at the corridor and checked that it is clear before she walked in to her locker and took her books out.

She sighed hard as she walked to her class. She even walked slower than usual to take her time to ready herself from meeting L.

Damn, it feels like her heart is beating over 200 right now. Is that even possible?

She slowly peeped in her seat and sighed in relief when she saw that L wasn’t still there. Heaven.

She walked faster to her seat to fix her things and herself.

The people who she passed by even looked at her because she was almost moving in a godly speed.

Hell, what is happening to the cool Kwon Jaeun?

She shut her eyes once she sat on her chair and waited for the teacher. She tried to do it coolly but she can’t help but fidget.

She practiced deep breathing exercises and even the anger management tips she researched before. But meh, her heart was still beating unusually fast as the clock ticks to time.

But she heard that certain familiar scream of girls and she knew. Her heart which was beating unusually fast is now beating extremely faster.

“Infinite oppaaaaa~~~” The girls were screaming like there is no tomorrow.

Jaeun couldn’t help but look at the door and anticipate for Infinite’s entrance, even though her life span is decreasing every second because of her heart.

If this happened before, she would think these girls are crazy. But now? Heh, she thinks that she, herself, is crazier because her heart is beating beyond its limit.

Wouldn’t she get her heart hypertrophied if she goes on like this?

Not long after, her eyes had met the eyes of the person who is the sole reason for her craziness. That one true reason for this insanity.

Jaeun immediately pinked as everything that happened yesterday flashed back in her mind.

“I don’t like you hanging around other guys. I don’t like you smiling at other guys. I don’t like you talking to them.”

These words remain implanted in her head.

Maybe, Jaeun was thinking too deeply that she didn’t even notice that L is in front of her already.

Too close even.

Jaeun blinked at L’s face as she immediately pulled away. No, it’s not like they kissed or something but L’s face is just too close. It’s making Jaeun uncomfortable.

“Good morning, Jaeun.” L greeted as he chuckled as fixed his things.

Jaeun could do nothing but nod as the students in class watch their cool interaction.

Well, today is a different scene for their classmates. Because L isn’t acting like a jerk towards Jaeun – which they find suspicious.

L smiled as he faced Jaeun. “Did you receive my gift this morning?” He asked a little loud making their classmates gasp and murmur something.

Jaeun’s eyes widened as she looked at their classmates murmuring something about her relationship with L. “Hey, you heard it wrongly!” She beamed at everyone defensively.

L chuckled at Jaeun’s defensiveness. Hell, who would know that she would look this cute when she blushes and when she tries to defend herself?

And who would know that he would like every bit of her this way?

It is just too ironic and too good to be true.

The mere person you hate the most will be someone you would like the most? Hell, that is what happens in movies and dramas.

Definitely, not in L’s vocabulary. Nor in Jaeun’s.

But hey, it happened to L.

He just wished it would happen to Jaeun as well.

After all, happy endings are meant to be in dramas and fairytales. And they are far from being any of the two.

L just watched Jaeun try so hard to explain herself to all the speculations of their classmates.

As much as he wants to help her, he enjoys watching her explain herself. It feels like she is defensive but she is feeling something for him too.

L smirked as Jaeun was talking. He stood up, making all the eyes of the people in the room look at him. “Stop it, people.” He beamed as his classmates stopped and listened to him.

Jaeun sighed in relief.

L looked at her and gave her an assuring smile.

Everyone squealed at that simple interaction of the two. Everyone is not used to seeing these two not bicker around.

“Everyone, stop gossiping around.” L said.

Everyone was shocked to see him talking like this because he is usually quiet. And when he talks, there is a really important something that he is going to say.

Even Jaeun stopped and just stared at L.

“Do not speculate anything between me and Kwon Jaeun.” He said making the students murmur things again.

“Are you dating?” One of the students asked.

L smirked and Jaeun stiffen. “No.” He replied making Jaeun relax and the rest of the girls sigh in relief.

“We are not dating…yet.” L rephrased his words making the students speculate more and Jaeun speechless.

“You like her, oppa?” One asked again.

L looked at Jaeun who was obviously shocked. He smiled. “Why would I tell you?” He asked. “That is a private thing between us, right?” He added making people gasp. “Don’t worry, we’ll tell you the progress. Thank you very much.” He said as he winked at Jaeun and took his seat coolly like nothing happened.

 

 

 

 

==================

Hello, guys! You can check out my wattpad account here. I will start posting my stories there so that you could read them wherever. ^^ Sounds great? :">>>>>

I have already posted The Legal Wife. The rest are to follow. Stay tuned. :)))

 

Sarangheyooooo~~~ ♥