Weak

Luck And You

 

Perhaps, Jaeun’s day was not that normal.

Well, define Jaeun’s normal day:

  1. Pouting all day because her seatmate, named Death Note, pesters her from the first subject up to the last sentence of the teacher on the last period.
  2. Glaring all day at that same seatmate because she couldn’t concentrate on her lessons.
  3. Experiencing terrible headaches because her student, apparently her seat mate as well, is giving her a hard time tutoring.
  4. Feeling like she wants to go home even though she just stepped on the school grounds because just thinking about her seatmate makes her want to kill herself right on the spot.

And yes, since, her seatmate is not around, Jaeun felt somewhat different today.

Aside from the curiosity she has for her seatmate’s whereabouts, she was feeling kind of empty inside.

Emptiness because there was no one who was pestering her the whole day.

And that’s the time that she had felt what those bickering moments with L was.

She may not call everything priceless but perhaps, she had recognized them a part of her daily routine. And that she feels weird when there is no one pestering her.

Or maybe, she had just grown used to all those bickering sessions she had with L.

Jaeun stood up and prepared to leave the class because, unknowingly, it is dismissal already.

“Jaeun!” Eunmi called her.

Jaeun looked at her who was waving fiercely on her. “What?” She asked.

Eunmi grinned. “I am going with Hoya today. We’ll eat somewhere.” She said.

Jaeun gave her a questioning look. “Okay?” She replied, asking more from her.

Eunmi smiled sweetly. “No. We’ll just eat.” She replied.

Jaeun gave her that one same look. “You don’t fool me like that.” She said.

Eunmi shook her head. “No! We are really just going to eat.” She insisted.

Jaeun chuckled. “Okay. If that’s what you say.” She gave in.

Eunmi nodded. “Okay, bye!” She beamed excitedly as she ran to Hoya who was already waiting at the door.

Jaeun scoffed and shook her head at her friend. She pretty knows that Eunmi is obviously crushing on Hoya. And she believes that Hoya knows it.

Jaeun just wished Hoya wouldn’t take advantage of her that way.

She sighed and took her bag and finally went out of the room. She is going home now because she is supposed to have a session with L now and she doesn’t have work.

But since, L is not around, another time for herself then.

She was walking to the bus stop when her phone suddenly rang.

It was L who is calling.

“Hello?” She answered the phone.

But there was no reply.

Jaeun looked at her phone. The call is still on.

*This Death Note kid better not be playing games with me again.* She thought as she brought the phone back to her ear.

“Hello?” She asked again.

But there was still silence. Until…

 

BOOOGSH!

There was a sound of someone falling from the other line.

Jaeun’s eyes widened. “Hello? Death note? Hello? L? Yah! Myungsoo? Are you there?” She asked continuously but there was no reply.

She hung up and hailed a cab instead, going to L’s home.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It is a good thing, L’s mom asked her to go there before because she knew where the exact location of the house is.

She paid the cab and ran immediately to the gate. She bombarded the house with multiple door bells until a maid came.

Jaeun stood straight before bowing to the maid. “Hello, ahjumma! Is Myungsoo inside?” She asked.

The maid shook her head. “He is not here. His mom bought him a condo unit and he lives there for almost a month already. Why?” She replied.

Jaeun nodded. “Ah? Nothing.” She smiled. “Ahjumma, can you tell me the address of his condo unit?” She asked.

The maid nodded and gave her the exact address.

Jaeun smiled and bowed again. “Thanks.” She said politely as she left.

She ran immediately to the road and hailed another cab. She sighed as she went inside the taxi. *God! Didn’t know I’ll use a lot of money for cab today.* She thought as she gave the address to the driver.

She immediately took her phone and dialed L’s number.

“Sorry. The number you have dialed is either unattended or out of coverage area. Please try again later.”

“Stupid voice over.” She mumbled as she couldn’t reach L for the nth time. She breathed hard. “Why the hell isn’t he answering?” She muttered under her breath as she tapped her fingers on her lap.

The cab stopped. “Here we are, Miss.” The driver said.

Jaeun nodded and gave her the fare. “Thanks, ahjussi.” She said as she ran to the building. She immediately looked for the elevator.

She forcefully pushed the button until the elevator opened. She immediately entered.

When she was on the 42nd floor, she hurried to L’s unit. She knocked at his door.

“Myungsoo!” She called, as if L could hear her from the inside.

She was knocking for at least 10 minutes and L still isn’t opening the door. She doesn’t know why but her heart is racing really really fast. The nervousness is killing her really.

She sighed hard and took one of her hair pins. She immediately inserted the hair pin in the key hole. “God! I never thought I would be using this skill of mine again.” She mumbled as the door clicked open.

She immediately hurried inside and found L lying on the floor, unconscious.

Her eyes widened in shock. “Myungsoo!!!!” She yelled as she hurried to him and tried to waken him up.

“Myungsoo!” She called as she shook him off. “Yah, Kim Myungsoo, wake up!” She continued to shake him awake.

L moved a bit and tried to open his eyes. “Kwon Jaeun?” He called weakly.

Jaeun sighed in relief. It seemed as if a big thorn is taken from . L is awake. She doesn’t know how to handle it if L was lying unconscious. What was she supposed to do with that?

Thank God.

She looked at him. “What are you doing lying on the floor?” She scolded him. “Can you stand?” She asked in a softer tone.

L sighed as he tried to stand up and Jaeun assisted him.

Unfortunately, L doesn’t have the energy to stand up and he fell…

Landing above Jaeun.

With their faces just inches from each other’s.

Jaeun’s eyes widened. Her heart is beating fast. This is perhaps, the first time she had felt her heart beating crazily like this.

As she looked at L’s eyes, she feels like she is lost in another world.

“Sorry.” L said weakly as he tried to get up.

But fell again.

Only this time, his lips landed on Jaeun’s.