Transferring

Luck And You

 

“Why didn’t you answer anything correctly?” Jaeun asked L frantically.

Kim Myungsoo

Diagnostic Test

Mark: 0 (F!!!!)

Jaeun sighed and looked at L. “Are you really that dumb?” She asked him, not minding if her question is hurtful or not.

L shrugged. “I guess that’s why I needed a tutor.” He replied.

Jaeun shut her eyes and sighed harder. “You’re hopeless.” She muttered as she massaged her temple.

L shrugged and smirked. “I think you have a lot of work to do tonight.” He said. “You know, preparing for your sessions with me.” He said with his famous smirk.

Jaeun wanted to scream at his face and let his eardrums fall off at this instant. But she kept her cool. Perhaps she would lose if she gets pissed.

“Fine. I’ll lecture everything about this diagnostic test as we continue this session next time.” She said.

L nodded and while his hands are placed in his pockets. “Sure.” He replied.

Jaeun sighed. “But for the mean time, take this.” She gave him a module.

L took it reluctantly. “What is this?” He asked.

“That’s a module.” She replied as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

L scoffed. “I am not that dumb I know that this is a module for Pete’s sake.” He shot back.

Jaeun looked at him. “You are not that dumb? Yeah right.” She replied sarcastically. “And perhaps you asked what that is. And that is a module.” She replied with a sarcastic tone once more.

L rolled his eyes. “Yes, right. Genius one.” He replied with more sarcasm in his voice.

Jaeun scoffed. “Tch. Read that. Everything in the Diagnostic test is there.” She said. “I’ll give you exact test tomorrow.” She added.

L looked at Jaeun. “What? I’ll meet you tomorrow again? Now you tell you hate me when you obviously want to see me every day.” He asked.

Jaeun glared at him. “I don’t like you. And if not because of your not getting a point in this diagnostic test, I am not going to meet you tomorrow.” She said with anger in her voice. “Don’t flatter yourself.” She added. “Conceited brat.” She mumbled.

L scoffed and smirked at her. “Yeah. Keep denying your feelings for me, Karate Kid.” He said full of confidence.

Jaeun shook her head and arranged her things. “Bye, Death Note.” She said as she left L alone in the room and went home.

L watched her walking away. “That’s right, Karate Kid.” He mumbled as he looked at the module in his hands.

“Another Diagnostic Exam?” He asked. “But that was too easy!” He complained. “Did she really think I don’t know anything about that test?” He asked again as he placed the module inside his bag.

*Just amazing, Karate kid.* He thought as he went out as well.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Jaeeeeeuuuuuuuuun!”

Jaeun looked at a running Eunmi behind. She is happily skipping towards her. Jaeun was shocked.

“Why are you so happy?” She asked Eunmi.

Eunmi smiled the sweetest and showed her phone.

Lee Howon ♥ +6315XXXXXXXX

Jaeun’s eyes widened. “WOWWWW! You got his number?” She asked.

Eunmi nodded enthusiastically. “He gave it to me!” She replied.

Jaeun’s eyes grew wider. “Really? Wow! That is so amazing!!!” She replied feeling happy for her friend.

Eunmi nodded, her face blushing. “I can’t believe it myself.” She spoke.

Jaeun chuckled. “Well, that’s cool. At least you are getting closer by the minute.” She said as she patted Eunmi’s back.

Eunmi nodded with the smile that cannot be ripped from her face. “I know. And I am so elated about everything.” She replied.

Jaeun smiled and nodded. “That’s the way to go, Eunmi!” She cheered as they walked on.

Eunmi looked at Jaeun. “Well, how about you and L?” She asked.

Jaeun perked up upon hearing the letter ‘L’.

Her blood automatically rose to her head. She really hates it.

“What about that guy who can’t even answer a question from an elementary level diagnostic test?” She asked with her voice full of anger.

Eunmi blinked at Jaeun. She still didn’t believe Jaeun’s initial reaction when the letter ‘L’ was brought out.

Jaeun scoffed. “Can you believe his stupidity?” She asked in disbelief as she remembers how L had answered the test. “He didn’t even know who invented the telescope!” She raged once more.

Eunmi stared at her friend as she released her frustrations.

Jaeun sighed and shook her head. “I can’t believe his brain!” She raged for the last time before Eunmi had managed to calm her down.

“Easy.” Eunmi said. “Maybe that’s why he needs a tutor, right?” She asked. “It would be an achievement if you made his little tinsy wincy brain expand into a brain like yours, right?” She asked, trying to make Jaeun feel better.

Jaeun sighed and nodded. “I wish.” She replied.

“Just keep believing, Jae.” Eunmi patted her shoulder.

Jaeun nodded. “Hopefully.” She replied as if that is the only thing that she could do in her life.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Here are your transfer papers.” Mrs. Kim handed each of the tutors an envelope about their transfer to Woollim.

“You will be coming to Woollim by next week.” She explained. “All your uniforms and books and supplies and allowance are all provided by the school. So, you don’t have to be worried. Everything is shouldered.” Mrs. Kim added.

Everyone nodded and smiled at her. “Thank you, Mrs. Kim.” They all bowed. The only difference is that, everyone’s voice is excited except for Jaeun’s.

She hates it so much.

Additional hours of seeing L make her rage in anger.

But what can she do? It’s the order. And it’s on the house.

Mrs. Kim noticed Jaeun and called her for a while. “Jaeun! Come here for a second.” She said.

Jaeun nodded and headed towards Mrs. Kim.

“How is Myungsoo today?” She asked Jaeun.

Jaeun smiled. “Well, he flunked the diagnostic exam I gave him, Ma’am. I gave him modules to read, then, we’ll see each other tomorrow for him to have his retake of the diagnostic exam.” She explained.

Mrs. Kim smiled. “Thanks for being so patient on him.” She said.

Jaeun smiled and nodded. “That’s nothing, Ma’am.” She replied. *Nothing my , Kwon Jaeun.* She thought.

Mrs. Kim smiled and nodded. “He is not dumb. He is just lazy to study.” She spoke. “When he was in grade school and middle school, he was at the top of class.” She narrated. “It’s just that he became so popular in High School that he stopped studying.” She added. “Well, all of the boys are actually intelligent ones. They just got lazy.” She continued.

Jaeun nodded. “I understand, Mrs. Kim. I’ll do my best to make him ace the exams.” She promised.

Mrs. Kim smiled. “Thanks, Jaeun.” She said as she hugged Jaeun.

*I’ll try my best.* Jaeun thought. *Just you wait, Death Note.*