Espresso

Luck And You

 

Jaeun woke up from her sleep because of her phone beeping nonstop.

 

From: Mrs. Lee

Your suspension is lifted. You can come back to work now. ^^

 

Jaeun immediately stood up from her bed and read the message for over 10 times more before even believing it.

“WAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!” She screamed to the top of her lungs not minding if her neighbors would get mad at her.

She got her job back.

At last!

Now, she doesn’t need to be all-so thrifty again.

“Groceries!!!” She hummed happily as she went to the bathroom to prepare.

Well, it has been a month since she had her job in Mrs. Lee’s café.

Yeah. Since she poured a drink of L’s shirt which was the drink of L’s girlfriend by the way.

That memory is just so bad for her to remember. Now, she has a reason for her sessions with L wo be cut since she has another schedule after class.

Now, that made her happier.

Hours shaven from interacting with L is like the most heavenly news she could ever receive in her life. Especially now that she is on the height of her anger at that guy.

She walked leisurely down the streets and made her way to the café.

She sniffed the smell and she really liked it. She has been wanting to come here but she is suspended and she doesn’t want to see that female dog, Jiae.

She entered the door and saw Mina working so hard.

She is the only one left in the café since Mrs. Lee always goes somewhere every Saturday.

She looked at the large scale of customer inside and helped on the work.

“Wow. You are back.” One of the many regular customers who recognizes Jaeun smiled at her.

Jaeun nodded. “Yes, Ma’am. Lifted.” She replied as she took the woman’s order and went to the counter, where Mina is busy punching the orders.

“Good morning!” She greeted her friend.

Mina looked up and was shocked to see Jaeun back again. “Wow! You are back!!!” She beamed as she hugged her tight. “You don’t know everything I have been through.” She added. “I’m glad you are back.”

Jaeun nodded. “Me too.” She replied as she told her the orders she got.

“I was really shocked when I saw Mrs. Lee’s text this morning.” Jaeun said. “I thought I was dreaming and I had to read the message more than 10 times before actually believing in it.” She added making Mina chuckle.

“You silly, girl! I missed you! One month is a very long time.” Mina said as she hugged Jaeun.

Jaeun hugged her back and smiled. “Me too!” She replied. “Hey, is the female dog around?” She asked.

“Jiae?” Mina asked.

Jaeun nodded.

Mina smiled and shook her head. “She went out so early. Maybe she went for a jog.” She replied. “Her getup says so.” She added.

Jaeun nodded. “Well, dogs jog early in the morning, don’t they?” She replied playfully.

Mina cracked. “Hell yeah! I miss you and your words, Kwon Jaeun. You don’t know how boring my life was without you here.” She replied. “I only talk to the customers and that’s it.” She added.

Jaeun laughed. “Well, isn’t that good? Therapeutic communication with the customers?” She asked.

Mina scoffed and shook her head. “You don’t know.” She spat with a bitter face. One that shows that she is so bored.

Jaeun smiled. “Well, you are not the only one who suffered when I am gone.” She said. “I shared my own taste of sufferings too.” She continued. “And to make you happier, I am going to continue suffering for a long time.” She added.

Mina looked at her weirdly. “What do you mean?” She asked.

Jaeun sighed. “You know Kim Myungsoo?” She asked.

Mina nodded. “Yeah. The popular one. And the one you spilled the drink on.” She replied.

Jaeun sighed. “I am going to tutor him until he aces all his subjects.” She said nonchalantly.

Mina’s eyes widened. “Like seriously? Kim Myungsoo? Jiae’s Man? The popular one?” She asked in disbelief.

Jaeun nodded boringly.

Mina slowly smiled. “That’s great!!!!” She said as she patted Jaeun’s shoulder. “You get to be close with the most popular boy our age? That’s so lucky of you!!!” She indirectly congratulated Jaeun.

Jaeun sighed. “What are you talking about? I never get a day of rest with that man. I hate him with all my heart, all my being, all my life.” She replied. “I wish I didn’t spill Jiae’s drink on his shirt so I wouldn’t be suspended and I wouldn’t be able to join that stupid raffle draw.” She ranted.

Mina smiled. “Fate, maybe?” She asked, quite teasing.

Jaeun rolled her eyes. “Fate? I don’t really believe in those kinds of things.” She replied. “Maybe my luck is pretty fouled up, don’t you think?” She asked Mina.

Mina shrugged. “I don’t know. But whatever it is, maybe it is what is supposed to be.” She replied as she punched the remaining orders.

Jaeun sighed and took the tray of orders. *Fate? Yeah right.* She thought as she delivered the orders.

And Jaeun’s luck must be playing games with her today.

8 people entered the café. Jaeun looked at the door and her mood… Oh my God. How do I say it? Her mood changed 180-degrees.

Infinite entered (Without L) = NERVOUS

Jiae entered = FIRST BLOOD

Jiae entered with L = DOUBLE KILL

*Could this day get any better?* Jaeun asked herself as she shut her eyes and went on giving out the orders.

She faked smiles as she went over to Jiae and to Infinite.

Jiae looked at her and smirked. “Well, you’re back.” She said as she looked at Jaeun from head to toe. “Guess, one month’s over, huh?” She asked.

Jaeun nodded and looked back at her. “Your orders, Ma’am/Sir(s)?” She asked as she took her notebook and pen.

Jiae smiled. “The usual.” She replied. “I just wish you won’t spill it on someone else this time.” She said in an irritating manner.

Jaeun smiled and listed the order. *I wish your tongue burn.* She thought as she drew evil emoticons beside Jiae’s order.

Then she looked at Infinite members who are looking at the menu.

L caught her and smirked. “How about beer?” He asked.

Jaeun looked at him with fire in her eyes. “Sorry, sir. We don’t offer alcohol here.” She replied as calmly as she could.

L raised his brows and nodded. “Arasseo. So what do you have here? What is your best seller?” he asked her, challenging.

Jaeun glared at him before smiling fake. “Our Espresso is the best in town, Sir.” She replied politely.

L nodded, happy that he had managed to piss her today. Wow. That is happiness for L these past few days. “Then I’ll take it.” He replied. “I’ll have your famous Espresso.”

Jaeun nodded and scribbled L’s order in her notebook with some curses beside it.

“We’ll have Espresso as well.” The rest of the Infinite members ordered as well.

Jaeun nodded and wrote ‘6 orders of Espresso’ neatly on her notebook. Well, the only neat handwriting in the orders for this table.

Jaeun bowed at them and went to the counter with a sour face.

Mina looked at her and noticed her face. “What’s wrong?” She asked.

Jaeun sighed and nodded at Jiae’s table.

Mina scoffed in disgust. “Eeeewwwww. Female dog becomes the female .” She said as she watched Jiae and L all lovey dovey in public. “I wonder why L’s image is still stable despite the fact that his girlfriend is officially a heartless female dog.” She added.

Jaeun shrugged. “Maybe because they both have attitude problems?” She replied, unsure.

Mina chuckled. “You really hate him huh?” She asked.

Jaeun smirked. “You don’t just say that.” She replied before the both of them started to crack up.

“Jaeun!!!”

Jaeun looked back and saw Insoo and Eunmi rushing from the door to her.

“How did you know I am here?” Jaeun asked.

Insoo and Eunmi shrugged.

“We actually went to your apartment but you weren’t there so we thought you went here.” Insoo replied.

Jaeun nodded. “Wow. Genius aren’t you?” She asked. “Oh! This is Mina by the way.” She introduced. “Mina, this is Insoo and this is Eunmi.” She said.

Mina smiled and shook hands with Jaeun’s friends.

Insoo looked at her and flashed his famous smile. “Nice to meet you, Mina-ssi.” He greeted.

Eunmi and Jaeun looked at each other and smiled. With the looks of it, they already know.

Jaeun coughed to stop the staring contest between Insoo and Mina. “Insoo, Eunmi, you might want to find a place and sit?” She asked.

Insoo was brought out of his senses and removed his hand. “Oh yeah. We should get going, Eunmi, shouldn’t we?” He asked.

Eunmi chuckled and nodded. “Yeah. I think so.” She said as they looked for an empty place.

Jaeun looked at Mina who is quite blushing. “So, what do you think of him?” She asked, pertaining to Kang Insoo.

“Insoo-ssi?” Mina asked as she blushed a bit.

Jaeun nodded.

Mina shrugged. “I don’t know. Well, he is cute.” She replied.

Jaeun smiled. “Cute huh?” She asked as she nodded and faced the orders. The orders for Jiae’s table.

Just then, an evil plan ran through her mind.

She walked to Jiae’s table with the orders. She bowed at them and started to put their orders on their table.

“Here’s your Espresso, L-ssi.” Jaeun said politely.

L was shocked to see her so polite. It is so not Jaeun-like. He wants her to be fierce.

“WOW!!! Your Espresso is really the best in town.” Sungyeol, the coffee lover, beamed, making Jaeun smile and nod.

“Thank you. Call me when you need something.” She said as she hurriedly went to the counter.

L drank his own Espresso and…

“AAAAAAACK!!!!!” He spat. “What kind of drink is this?” He asked. “WHY IS THIS SO SWEET?!!!!” He complained.

He looked at Jaeun who’s back is towards him. He couldn’t see her expression but he knows that this is all on her.

“KARATE KID!!!!!!”