Family?

Luck And You

 

L led Jaeun to the door of her apartment in the building.

“Thanks for the ride, Death Note.” Jaeun beamed.

L nodded and smiled. “No, I would love to do it everyday.” He replied.

Jaeun smiled back and suddenly felt this skipping feeling in her heart. Her heart skipped a beat. Well, usually, this would happen when she is with L or when L smiles at her, or when he looks at her eyes, or when he sits beside her, or… Ugh. Everything L does makes her feel this way for the past few days.

“Good night?” L asked her.

Jaeun nodded. “Good night.” She smiled.

L nodded and turned to leave.

Jaeun watched him start to walk away until he reached the elevator. She smiled to herself and turned to her door, her heart racing really fast.

*I think I can’t control my heart right now.* She thought as she walked to her bed.

Truly, the way L makes her feel so confused about what she feels is making her crazier with each passing day. Since that day in the mall, she finds it hard to deny that she is not feeling something for him.

Especially now that she had proven that L really is decided to make her his girl. The way L accompanied and left the party for her to look at those stars, is one of the signs that L really loves her. He is really serious about making her happy everyday.

And who wouldn’t get touched?

The way L told her that she is the girl he treasures the most is the best sentence she has ever heard her whole life, after her parents died.

Perhaps, the thing she likes about L the most is that he makes her feel secured. That security that Jaeun haven’t felt for a long time since her parentswere gone. She likes that now, she has someone to lean on. And she knows that L is that person who would be with her today. The way, L is taking care of her right now, she is certain.

She smiled to herself as she threw herself in her bed. What could be better than this night?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

L walked to the door of his house smiling from ear to ear.

Well, why wouldn’t he?

The girl he loves, he feels, is falling for him bit by bit.

At last! The Karate Kid is opening up to him.

“Oh! Did you have fun tonight?” Mrs. Kim appeared out of nowhere in the kitchen as L went to grab a drink.

“WOAH!” He shrieked. “Mom! How could you come out from nowhere all of a sudden?” He asked in surprise.

Mrs. Kim chuckled. “Well, I didn’t come out OF nowhere, Kim Myungsoo. You were too immersed into what you are thinking that you didn’t even notice me walk in front of you.” She replied.

L rolled his eyes. “Whatever, mom.” He shot.

Mrs. Kim laughed. “Son, I think you are becoming more handsome these past few days.” She complimented.

L just smirked and drank water.

“I’m guessing, Jaeun is making you look happier than ever?” She asked.

L smiled upon hearing Jaeun’s name. Hell, what is this impact she has on him? It feels like he doesn’t even own his emotions. He just automatically smiles when he hears her name and it is making him crazy, really.

Mrs. Kim smiled. “I’m glad you have finally decided to choose a decent girl.” She told him. “Whatever happens, just follow your heart. I don’t mind whoever you like. Just be sure she is decent enough for me.” She reminded him as she started to walk out. “But, just so you know, I don’t mind having Jaeun as my daughter-in-law. The way she disciplines you is what you really need.” She finished as she walked to her room.

L looked at her and smiled. “Of course, she is perfect.” He told himself as he drank another glass.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jaeun woke up with the sun shining brightly in her face. *Aish. Why did I forget to close the curtain last night?!* She yelled in her mind as she stood up and washed her face.

She looked at the calendar. “Saturday: Make up for my absences in the café.” She read her reminder.

She sighed and immediately prepared her breakfast. Then, her door bell rang.

“I don’t really want to move today.” She told herself as she opened the door and saw a letter on the floor.

She looked around but no one was there. She narrowed her eyes on the letter and picked it up. Nothing was written on the envelope which is kind of weird because there should be at least the name of the sender or even her address.

But no, the envelope was white as dove, and super clean.

“Is this L’s prank again?” She asked herself as she looked around before closing her door again.

Predicting that the envelope was given by L, she laid it on the couch and walked back to the kitchen to prepare her food.

It took her 45 minutes to prepare herself and ready to go to the café.

Before she could open the door, she glanced at the envelope on the couch. She thought for a moment before grabbing it and sliding it into her bag.

She sighed and left her pad to work.

When she was on the elevator already, her phone rang.

As expected, it was L.

“Hello?” She answered as the elevator went down.

‘Hey, good morning!’ L greeted her happily. ‘Where are you?’ He asked.

“Going to work?” Jaeun began to stammer. “W-why?” She asked.

L laughed on the other line. ‘Nothing. I just missed you and I want to hear your voice first thing in the morning.’ HE replied sweetly.

Jaeun automatically blushed at L’s remark. “Oh.” That was all she could reply because her heart is beating fast again.

‘That was all you could say after I tell you a mushy sentence?’ He asked, slightly disappointed.

Jaeun cleared . “Uhm, good morning to you?” She replied awkwardly.

L chuckled. ‘Okay. I know that you are not used to this. It’s fine. Go to work. I’ll see you later. Bye. Take care! I love you!’ He said fast as he hung up.

Jaeun narrowed her eyes at the last words. “What did he say? Did he just say those three words?” She asked herself as she walked confused to the café.

But as Jaeun thinks about it, she was rather happy by the thought that L told her those words. She doesn’t know why. She just is.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jaeun reached the café with Mina smiling at her widely. It has been days since she had seen her and she feels bad that she didn’t show up here for those days.

All L’s fault.

“Jaeun! I miss you!” Mina beamed as Jaeun approached the counter.

Jaeun smiled at her. “Me, too, Mina! It has been days!” She beamed.

Mina nodded and smiled. “It’s okay. Minwoo said you and L are really going well.” She beamed. “I bet, he dates you everyday, that is why you couldn’t come here.” She added.

Jaeun narrowed her eyes on her. “What are you talking about?” She asked, acting innocent.

Mina gave her a teasing smile. “Don’t you act like you don’t know! You, weird girl!” She beamed.

Jaeun just smiled , shaking her head. “Oh!” She exclaimed. “Speaking of weird. Someone left this in front of my door this morning.” She said as she took the white envelope in her bag.

Mina looked at it. “No writing?” She asked as she took the envelope from Jaeun. “You didn’t open it?” She asked again.

Jaeun shook her head. “At first, I thought that is from L but then, when he called me a while back, I doubted. Maybe that didn’t come from him.” She replied.

Mina nodded. “Then, why don’t you open it?” She asked.

Jaeun sighed. “I don’t know. I feel something weird about it.” She replied.

Mina looked at her. “Like how?” She asked. “Then, how about I open it for you?” She suggested.

Jaeun smiled and nodded. “That’s fine with me.” She replied.

Mina smiled and excitedly opened it for her. However, the envelope only contained a small piece of paper.

“Meet me at Diamond Restaurant tonight. 6PM. I will be waiting, in case you want to know who sent you this. See you, Sister. – Your last family”

Mina’s eyes widened as she read the message out loud. She looked at Jaeun who was as shocked as she is. “What? So, this means, you still have family?” She asked her.

Jaeun was left speechless. The letter was not expected. She didn’t even think it would be possible.

Family?

Could she really happen to have a family left?