Resign

Luck And You

“Nothing left?” L asked Jaeun as the people from the moving homes company close the truck.

Jaeun shook her head. “Nothing. I don’t have a lot though.” She shrugged and signed the receipt the moving homes company people asked her too.

Since Jiyong was pretty busy with his business, L volunteered to help Jaeun in moving her things to Jiyong’s house and soon to be Jaeun’s new home.

Well, it seems like Jiyong doesn’t hate L so much now because they have been talking about a lot of things in the last dinner they had. Jaeun was the happiest one because the two closest guys in her life are getting along well. Who would have thought?

She looked at L who was watching the workers lock the truck and smiled. Who would have thought they would end up being together? Ha! Isn’t it luck or whatnot?

L glanced at Jaeun and smiled. “Let’s go?” He asked as he laced his fingers into hers.

Jaeun wouldn’t admit it but she was dying inside. With just L’s touch. It’s true that Jaeun’s a fighter but she is not numb. She feels the butterflies in her stomach from time to time.

They entered the car and drove to Jiyong’s house.

L looked at Jaeun. She seemed quiet and was busy looking out. He smiled to himself as he took her hand and squeezed it. “I love you.” He spoke out of the blue.

Jaeun, who wasn’t expecting it, felt the rush of blood in her cheeks and blushed. Seriously, why does L have to so sweet like this?

“I love you too.” She replied as she smiled at L. Oh hell, where did this couple get their sweetness.

L smiled and kissed her hand. “Driving never felt this good.” He blurted with his heart melting smile. Seriously.

Jaeun narrowed her eyes on him. “What’s making you so sentimental right now, L-ssi?” She teased.

L chuckled. “Well, I just thought that you’d be farther from me from now on since you’ll be living with your brother now.” He said. “And you’re guarded now so I need to work harder.” He chuckled.

Jaeun rolled her eyes on him. “Whatever, Death Note.” She said as she looked outside with a wide smile. She is still getting used to L being so sweet and all. But everytime she thinks about their relationship, she just can’t believe that they fell for each other.

Who would fall for each other when all they did was diss each other?

Only L and Jaeun.

Who would fall for your total opposite?

Only L and Jaeun.

Who would fall for someone who shouts at you almost every minute of the day?

Only L and Jaeun.

And most of all, who would fall for someone with the personality you disgust so much that seeing that someone makes you want to puke?

Only L and Jaeun.

So, maybe, it’s true.

There’s a thin line between love and hate.

You may hate the person all you want but then the hate you are feeling can possibly turn you too attached to that person. Then you realize that you are slowly falling and falling and falling. And when you try to back out, you can’t. Because you have fallen completely. In love.

And that’s what Jaeun and L had.

They were too busy hating each other that they found themselves falling way too deep with each other.

“We’re here.” L said as he stopped at a huge mansion.

Jaeun looked out and was awed by the house. “Are you freaking serious?” She asked.

L nodded as he got out of the car. “Come on.” He told her making Jaeun step out of the car as well.

The house was grand. Jaeun could not even believe what she is looking at.

“I am going to live in that house?” She asked L.

L nodded. “Yes, Princess Jaeun.” He teased.

On the other hand, Jaeun still wasn’t in her senses. How could she when she is facing a huge mansion and she just heard that she will move in here? Crazy. It’s really crazy.

L chuckled at Jaeun’s face of disbelief. Damn. She looks too adorable in any angle. “Let’s go inside?” He broke into her senses and took her hand.

Jaeun nodded.

They both entered the gate and were greeted by the maids. They were standing in a line. Like the ones in drama series or movies.

Jaeun even stepped back when she saw them like that. “What are they doing?” She asked, not used to any of these things.

L smiled at her. “Chill. They are just going to greet you.” He chuckled.

Jaeun looked at the maids again and smiled.

The maids simultaneously bowed. “Welcome home, Ms. Jaeun!” they chorused.

Jaeun’s eyes widened in shock. Seriously? When did maids do that?

She glanced at L, confused.

L just smiled and led her in the house. “You’ll get used to this.” He said.

Jaeun sighed. Everything seems to be so new to her and she isn’t going to adjust that fast.

“Good morning, Ms. Jaeun.” An old lady came to her with all smiles.

Jaeun didn’t know what to do but to smile. “Hello, uh,” She didn’t know what to call her.

The lady smiled. “You can call me, Lady Lee.” She said.

Jaeun raised her brow. So what the hell is this? Jewel in the palace?

“O…kay, Lady Lee.” She replied unsure.

L chuckled beside her. “She’s in charge in the house. She is the head of the workers.” He explained.

Jaeun nodded but still she couldn’t get over the ‘Lady Lee’ thing. She finds it funny and inappropriate for this generation. *Didn’t know my brother was historical.* She thought as she smiled at Lady Lee.

“I will show you your room, Madame Jaeun.” Lady Lee gestured the stairs.

Jaeun looked at L. Seriously, why is everyone so formal? Lady Lee. Madame Jaeun. Huh! This is too much.

L noticed Jaeun’s confused expression. “Just go with the flow, Karate Kid. You’ll get used to this life too.” He whispered.

Jaeun looked at him. “Why is everyone so formal anyway?” She whispered back.

L chuckled. “There are some rules in grande houses, Jaeun. Hyung must have told them to be like this.” He replied. “Now, go take a look of your new room.” He told her as he let her go freely inside.

Jaeun looked around. Damn. Her new room is much much much bigger than her past living place. Who would have thought that she was destined for this big thing?

She looked at the bed and hell. It was big and she is already thinking of how she would sleep tonight. Maybe a good night sleep, tonight.

L chuckled as he watched Jaeun explore her room.

Damn. Sometimes, he thinks Jaeun’s multipolar. She has this tough side, which he loves the most. She has this childish side, which he finds really cute. She has this slow side, wherein she looks like a fool but still looked adorable. She has this kind side, which makes L’s heart soften. And all.

Jaeun’s just too perfect.

No one could ever match Jaeun’s personality.

Because Jaeun will always be the best girl in L’s eyes.

Jaeun looked at L and smiled.

L smiled back and walked to her in the terrace.

“Like your life now, Princess?” he asked as he wrapped his arms around her and leaned his chin on her shoulder.

Jaeun’s heart started to race. A backhug. L is giving her a back hug! Heart attack alert!

Jaeun breathed deeply to calm herself. “I’m still getting used to it.” She replied as she held onto L’s arms.

The two looked at the surroundings. Jiyong is sure as hell as rich and his property is just too huge.

L kissed her hair and smiled. “I know.” He replied. “But first, get used to this.” He said as hugged her tighter.

Jaeun smiled, blushing. When L is sweet, Jaeun is losing her sanity.

“I bet I can’t get enough of this.” She replied as she chuckled.

L smiled. “Me too.” He said as he smiled wider. “I love you, Kwon Jaeun.” He whispered.

Jaeun closed her eyes and breathed in fresh air. The ambience is just too good and it suits the atmosphere between her and L. “I love you too, Kim Myungsoo.” She replied and smiled widely.

L chuckled. “Oh!” He said as he broke off the hug. “I almost forgot to give you this.” He said as he took a letter in his pocket. “Hyung told me to give you this.” He said.

Jaeun took the paper and read it. Her eyes widened. Then she looked at L.

L blinked at her. “What?” He asked innocently.

“Jiyong oppa talked to Mrs. Lee.” She was referring to the owner of the café she is working at. “And this letter is my termination of contract.” She said. “How could he resign in my place?!” She cried out loud.

Damn. Jaeun loved that café so much. L chuckled.

 

 

--------------

CALLING ALL FILIPINO READERS

I posted a new story on wattpad. It's in Filipino and it's entitled, "THE GAY'S EX-GIRLFRIEND". If you have time, you can check it out. Here's the link: [CLICK] :) Thank you, baes! Love you all~