Chapter 43 - Trust & Betrayal

Poisonous Love

 

Does Muzik-ah like Hyung?” Seungri randomly asked Aria causing her eyes to shoot open and over to him. She had caught a taxi with both him and the two others, but Seungri had gotten so frustrated about the 2 hounding him and with Taeyang liking Aria too. The moment he saw the chance, he kicked them to the curb and continued to Aria home himself.

 

Aria didn’t know how to answer the question, only shrugging before looking away.

I think Hyung might like her.” Seungri whispered as Aria nodded.

None of us have seen Hyung act this way before. In the years I’ve known him, he’s never smiled this much.” Seungri whispered in thought while Aria did the same thing. Every time she touched Muzik, she could clearly feel the way she felt about him, she always thought about him.

You think she likes him too?” Seungri asked interested as Aria felt his eyes burning a hole into the side of her head, causing her to finally look over to connect her eyes with his.

I can’t say.” She whispered unsure how to answer. He just blinked in confusion.

So she does?” He asked taking the hint only receiving another shrug from her.

I can’t say because it’s not like Muzik to fall for someone so easily or quickly.” Aria explained looking down to the bracelet comfortably around her wrist. Seungri continued to watch her interest, watching as moved with every swallow, the way her eyes blinked, allowing her long eye lashes to flutter effortlessly, the way her blonde-ish hair hung around her face, shaping it perfectly.

What about you?” He asked in a serious tone. Aria looked over confused, curling a stray hair behind her ear.

What about me?” She asked in cute confusion causing him to bite his tongue, fighting the urge to jump across the seat at her. Afraid he would scare her away from him permanently.

Do you like me?” He asked as she blinked a few times, blushing ferociously before looking away. The heat she was now giving off was a good enough answer for him. He knew her all too well.

It’s alright if you don’t want to answer.” He chuckled looking away proudly.

I haven’t liked anyone before.” She suddenly admitted as Seungri looked over shocked at her comment.

I don’t trust people easily, I think that’s how it’s been for as long as I can remember.” She whispered looking down to her family bracelet again.

People always turn their backs on us, betray us for a better good, or use us. Life has never been fair.” She added looking out the window away from him. Why did it seem that this girl’s words made him bow to her like a slave? He wanted nothing more than to protect her from whatever she feared. Whether it be the darkness rising in the world or the make believe boogeyman, he would take it all away from her, just to see her smile like he had seen the first day he met her.

I’ll never betray or use you.” Seungri whispered begging as he watched her slowly turn around to look at him.

 

Can you stop here?!” Aria suddenly shouted out to the cab driver, scaring him slightly as he slammed on the breaks near the curb.

Hey! Why?!” Seungri shouted at her confused, watching as she threw a bunch of money at the driver before opening the door, climbing out into the cold night air, shutting the door in Seungri’s face, ignoring his question.

 

Aria turned towards her home before quickly walking. Those were the same words all the previous people had used on their family, always reassuring that they would never use them or betray them. But they always did.

“Aria!” Seungri voice shouted from behind her as she walked faster before breaking out in a sprint up the street. How much she wished she could just fly away from here like her sister could?

“ARIA! STOP!” Seungri shouted again this time serious as she felt a hand grab her arm before pulling her back onto the sidewalk just as a car came speeding through the intersection. She was panting out of breath as Seungri held her protectively to his chest, both arms wrapped around her body.

“Jesus Christ.” He sighed in relief, resting his forehead onto her shoulder as she let the tears fall finally.

Let me go, please.” She whispered as his head quickly shot up before turning her to face him.

Why are you crying?” He asked worried holding her on her shoulders, watching as she shrugged out of his hands.

Just leave me alone. I wanna go home.” She whispered quickly wiping her tears onto her coat sleeve before turning on her heels.

“Aria!” He shouted again, running to catch up with her.

What did I say to make you cry? Please tell me.” He begged as she sniffled, turning to look away from his eager face.

Just leave me alone, please.” She begged as he sighed, grabbing her arm again, turning her to face him.

Not until you tell me why you’re crying.” He spoke seriously, almost shouting at her, watching as she hung her head.

 

They were steps from her house, all she had to do was pass a few more homes and into the gate before she was safe.

Please. I beg of you tell me what I said wrong.” He begged in a shaky voice. There was no way he could lose her after all of this.

Stop.” She begged as he sighed, reaching down to pull her chin up to look at him.

What did I do?” He asked seriously this time, watching as the tears fell quickly from her eyes.

Tell me!” He shouted frustrated, shaking her a bit.

I LIKE YOU!” She shouted in tears causing him to step back in shock, watching as she quietly cried alone.

I like you, and you saying such things as you will never betray or use me…….hurts cause I know it’s not true.” She whispered crying as she stood there confused. Did she just confess to him?

Aria looked up through tears, to stare at him.
I’ve gone through life being betrayed by everyone except my own sisters. So please don’t promise something you can’t keep.” She begged before turning and running towards her home. Seungri turned to call for her only to be welcomed by the sound of the large gates to their house shutting and locking. He stood there silently for a few moments, putting is hand through his hair before sighing. Getting her to trust him was going to be harder than he thought.