Chapter 31 - Too Close for Comfort

Poisonous Love

“THERE!” Youngbae shouted as they left the throne room. The others eyes were already red with their fangs hanging out.

“Let’s go before we lose them.” TOP shouted as the guys quickly grabbed onto him before teleporting to the targets locations. As always, they got there right when the signal disappeared. They quickly scouted the area to find it empty, a few blood splatters here and there.

“We’re across the school.” Seungri mentioned looking out the entrance of the alleyway.

“DAMN IT!” Jiyong shouted kicking the wall, unable to feel any pain, only anger.

“Anything Youngbae?” Jiyong asked annoyed as Youngbae looked to the sky before shutting his eyes, concentrating on his minds eye to see if he could sense anything. Nothing, absolutely nothing. Whichever sister was here moments ago, was untraceable now.

“Gone.” He answered as Jiyong growled putting a frustrated hand through his already tousled red hair.

“Um guys…” Daesung mentioned as they looked over to see him looking up into the corner of the alleyway when a decapitated vampire was hanging, wrapped in vines.

“Earth Manipulation.” TOP whispered in realization, sticking his hand up before twisting his palm as the vines unraveled before dropping the dead body to the ground in the middle of them.

“We should dispose of it.” Daesung whispered as Jiyong held his hand out before quickly hardening the carcass with ice then turning to Youngbae.

“Destroy it.” He whispered as Youngbae nodded before walking over and slamming his shoe covered foot on it, shattering it instantly.

“Geez.” Seungri whispered looking around before his eyes narrowed in on a blood splatter dripping from a metal shard. He lifted his nose into the air before his eyes shot open.

“Her blood.” He announced as the others quickly ran over hissing when they recognized the blood dripping.

“They can’t be far.” Youngbae whispered through his fangs as they turned to the school.

 

“Bastard.” Muzik whispered out of breath as she stared up at the now decapitated vampire hanging from vines she rooted through the cement. Quickly without a second thought, she slipped her bracelet back on, grabbing the bloody towel and bag before dashing out in case someone felt her. Luckily no one saw her.

 

“Geez, there you are!” Celeste immediately shouted seeing her sister running across the street to the school.

“Are you ok? Did they get away?” Celeste asked worried grabbing onto her sister arms causing Muzik to hiss in pain before retracting her hand.

“Aish, that hurts.” Muzik whined pulling the towel out of her bag before putting it to her still bleeding hand.

“What the hell happened to your hand?” Celeste shouted through a whisper, pulling her sisters to the side where there were less eyes on them.

“I distracted him so Aria could get away with the girl.” Muzik answered pulling the towel away to show the gash across her palm.

“Is she ok?” Muzik asked over to Aria who simply nodded.

“She’s fine.” Aria reassured before holding her hands out for Muzik’s hand.

“Hurry, we need to heal that and get to the festival.” Celeste urged as Aria nodded, shutting her eyes momentarily before opening them to show the now teal ones, she held her hands out over Muzik’s before muttering an incantation. The pair watched as her cut slowly closed before leaving a pinkish scar now sitting across her palm.

“Oh thank god.” Muzik whispered in thanks, clenching her hand into a fist.

“So did he get away?” Celeste asked as Muzik slipped her arms through her cardigan again.

“No, I took care of it. But he did say a few things that were interesting.” Muzik added as their eyes shot open.

“Interesting like what?” Aria asked hesitantly as Muzik sighed, looking through the alleyway they had ducked in on school grounds.

“He knew we were attending this school, and said that King Ambrogio would be pleased to receive such news.” Muzik explained as Celeste sighed, putting a frustrated hand through her hair.

“He didn’t contact anyone right?” Aria asked panicked causing Muzik to snort.

“I ripped his head off right after he said that.” Muzik added picking her bag up from the ground before dusting it off.

“Well what’s done is done, we need to go prepare for the festival.” Celeste informed as the pair nodded.

“Oh, and take care of that towel.” Celeste pointed out just as Muzik nodded and threw it into the nearest trashcan before heading off.

 

“Why is it that we miss them by seconds every time?” Seungri whined annoyed as the 5 finally walked onto school campus.
“Just once I would like to run into those 3 and sink my fangs into them.” TOP whispered, swallowing loudly when his fangs protruded sending his thirst overboard.

“We can’t kill them, they are for King Ambrogio.” Jiyong addressed causing the 4 to hiss annoyed.

“We need to find them, we can’t let him let out Randolph.” Daesung mentioned slipping his hands into his jeans pocket.

“If he releases Randolph, we’re all dead.” Youngbae growled while they nodded in agreement.

“Keep your eyes peeled, we’ll meet up for a sweep of the town after the festival.” Jiyong announced before they separated leaving Youngbae walking towards the dance club, Seungri towards the book club, Jiyong towards the gym for the track team and TOP and Daesung towards the drama and music areas.

They finally walked up the steps into the front entryway of the school before both men abruptly stopped together before their heads whipped over towards the trashcan they were standing by. The veins in TOP’s neck popped out as he bit his lip trying to suppress the groan threatening to rip through, Daesung swallowed loudly, feeling the need to bite anything nearby which only meant one thing. TOP stepped over before looking into the trashcan to see a white rag slightly drenched in blood, Alessandro blood.

“They’re here.” TOP whispered swiftly ripping the towel out of the trashcan before turning to see Daesung also fighting with the urge they were both feeling.

“Let’s go find the others.” TOP whispered down to Daesung, grabbing his arm before looking around to see the area they were standing in empty. Like a flash, they were gone before appearing outside the gym. The pair peeked in the door before seeing Jiyong talking to the transfer student.

“Psst.” Daesung hissed through the doorway startling the pair as they looked over confused.

“Oh, Daesung-ah, Hyung.” Jiyong announced watching as Celeste bowed before walking away to leave them alone.

“What’s up?” Jiyong asked as the guys looked at each other then pulled him out and onto the side of the building.

“They’re here.” Daesung whispered as Jiyong’s eyes hardened.

“How do you know? Did you see them?” He asked urgently before TOP pulled the towel out and held it up in front of him. Jiyong’s eyes immediately flashed red before letting his fangs protrude through , poking his bottom lips.

“Where’d you find this?” Jiyong asked immediately ripping the towel away to smell it. It sent his senses on high alert.

“The trashcan inside the entryway.” TOP explained as Jiyong growled.

“Go let Youngbae and Seungri know they are here, probably for the festival.” Jiyong commanded as they nodded, they were getting too close for comfort, even harder since it was close to impossible to find them.