Chapter 34 - Festival in Full Swing

Poisonous Love

The festival soon started, each sister was busy at work for each club they were involved in. Celeste did the scaring at the Track Teams haunted house that was turning out to be a huge attraction,  Muzik was singing her heart out at the Choir Clubs Café, many people praised her vocals and as Daesung, didn’t even recognize her when they first walked in. Lastly Aria was set up at the gate, flyers in hand as she passed them out, alone. Seungri hadn't come back to her side after she left him earlier, she was a bit sorry that she had upset him but honestly, she was tired of getting picked on.

“Ah Aria!” A voice called as Aria looked up from the flyer she was handing to some elderly couple to see her aunt now walking in.
“You came!” Aria smiled passing another flyer as Aunt Jayde walked over smiling.

“Wow, this is amazing.” She chanted as Aria looked over her shoulder to the dozens of booths that littered the place before nodding.

“So is it time for your break yet? I want you to take me around to see your sisters.” Aunt Jayde asked as Aria looked around, as if on schedule one of the other book worms were already on their way to relieve Aria.

“Hour break.” Liana spoke to Aria with a smile as she bowed her thanks before running to catch up with her aunt.

“Let’s find Muzik first, I’m a bit shocked to know that she’s singing, in the open.” Aunt Jayde pointed out the irony of it all causing Aria to chuckle. They walked as fast as they could through the packs of people before finally arriving as the Choir Clubs café.

“For two?” The woman dressed in a maid outfit outside the door asked as they stepped up.

“Ah yes, please.” Aunt Jayde answered as the maid bowed before gesturing for them to follow in. They stepped passed the curtains, surprised at the atmosphere change on the other side.

“Wow, this is so cute.” Aunt Jayde pointed out as they were seated near the window.
“Can I get you two something to drink?” The maid asked gesturing with her hand to the menu sitting upright in front of them. They quickly looked through it, making their order as the maid bowed before walking off to the small counter like area they had set up in the corner.

“The Choir club would like to thank you for coming to support us today.” A familiar voice spoke through the speakers set up around the room.

“Oh, that sounds like Muzik.” Aunt Jayde mentioned turning her body to see that there was definitely a stage set up in the corner of the room where Muzik was now standing.

“Oh, that’s your mother’s dress.” Aunt Jayde pointed out surprised as Aria smiled and nodded.
“She wanted to wear, she said mom would be happy to see her wear it.” Aria answered as Aunt Jayde nodded in agreement. Ever since the girls parents had died, Aunt Jayde knew that Muzik had taken it the hardest, she had changed the most from when the 3 were younger. She grew up too fast just to look out for her sisters wellbeing, this was the first time since they died that Aunt Jayde had seen Muzik willingly wearing a dress and singing in front of others. Their drinks soon came as they watched Muzik sing a few English songs, bowing as everyone broke out clapping.

“Her voice is just as amazing as your mothers.” Aunt Jayde pointed out before Aria nodded, waving her hand in the air to get Muzik’s attention.

 

Muzik saw the gesture, hesitantly looking over before sighing when she saw who it was. She looked over to Daesung who was behind the counter, nodding to him to let him know she was finished. He was about to reject but before he could, she stepped down from the stage and walked over to where her family was.

“Your mom would be so proud to see you today.” Aunt Jayde mentioned the moment Muzik made it to her side. Muzik swallowed heavily before pulling out a seat to sit down.

“Are you on break?” Muzik immediately asked over to Aria who nodded.

“Aunt Jayde asked me to take her to see you and Celeste.” Aria added as Muzik sighed and nodded.
“It’ll be a bit hard to find Celeste. God know what’s she’s dressed up as in that Haunted House.” Muzik pointed out gesturing out the window to the gym where a line was still visible out the door.

“Omo, who’s this?” A voice startled the 3 at the table. Muzik groaned in annoyance, before looking over her shoulder to a smiling Daesung. Aunt Jayde looked up before flinching in surprise, he was extremely handsome, almost too handsome to be real.

“Is this your mom?” Daesung asked as Aria shook her head.

“This is my mom’s sister, Aunt Jayde.” Muzik quickly explained wanting to get it out of the way before something unnecessary was said. He quickly coughed in embarrassment before bowing.

“I apologize, I’m Kang Daesung, the Choir Clubs President and Muzik’s Classmate.” Daesung introduced while Aunt Jayde nicely smiled before shaking his hand.

“Ah, it’s nice to finally meet one of Muzik’s friends.” Aunt Jayde spoke while Muzik rolled her eyes.

“Not my friend.” She muttered under her breath before Aunt Jayde reached under the table to kick her leg.

“OW, what was that for?!” Muzik snapped reaching down to rub her leg in pain.

“Be nice.” Aunt Jayde hissed causing Daesung to chuckle before putting his hands up to stop her.

“No, no, no, it’s quite alright. I’m more of an admirer than anything.” He admitted. Muzik blushed before looking away, unable to muster words after that.

“Ah I see. Well I still hope Muzik is being respectful as she should.” Aunt Jayde mentioned glaring at the younger woman.
“Ah she is. Don’t worry about that. She has an incredible voice, so many of the students in the club now look up to her.” Daesung added as Aunt Jayde smiled.

“That’s pleasant to hear.” She answered as he smiled before turning his attention to Muzik.

“Reina will take over, you can go on break then head to the Boxing Club.” Daesung offered as Muzik nodded, never turning to meet his stare.

“If you want, I can meet you later.” He added as she blushed, scoffing while Aunt Jayde chuckled.

“I’m sure she would love to meet you.” Aunt Jayde pointed out with a smile as Muzik sighed, crossing her arms over her chest.

“Let’s get out of here.” Muzik hissed standing from her seat before walking over to her cubby to exchange her heels for her combat boots she had brought.

“You don’t want to change first?” Aria asked now standing next to her sister who was slipping her bare feet into her boots.

“Naw, I’ll do it later at the Boxing Tent.” Muzik muttered pulling her bag up and over her shoulder before walking out with her family behind her.

“He seems like a nice boy.” Aunt Jayde mentioned once they hit the stairs on their way downstairs.

“If you’re going to pull the ‘you-should-get-to-know-him-better’ card, you’re wasting your time. He’s nothing more than a person that is constantly following me.” Muzik quickly interrupted as Aunt Jayde pursed her lips looking ahead to her niece.

“What about you Aria? Any guys?” Aunt Jayde changed the subject quickly. Aria quickly looked away blushing as they made it down to the bottom floor.

“No.” Aria answered as Muzik rolled her eyes.

 

“Boo!” Celeste jumped out from her hiding spot before chuckling as she watched the pair of screaming girls run through the next room.

“BOO!” A voice shouted suddenly behind her sending her flying into the nearest wall for shelter. She turned back to see 2 figures chuckling while the one in the middle was trying to suppress it.

“Did I get you?” A familiar voice asked stepping into the light as Celeste squinted her eyes before snorting.

“Pffft, figured.” Celeste muttered fixing her outfit before looking.

“Aunt Jayde wanted to see you.” Aria mentioned as Celeste brushed her wig out of her eyes to see her Aunt was indeed there.

“This is pretty spectacular.” Aunt Jayde mentioned poking one of the skeletons that were hanging in Celeste’s room.

“It’s so much fun.” Celeste pointed out while Aunt Jayde smiled.

“Hey! Are you ok in here?!” A voice suddenly called as the 4 turned to see non other than Jiyong dressed as Dracula peeking in, ironic enough. Celeste and Muzik sighed in annoyance before looking away.

“Oh, is everything alright in here?” He asked taking in the atmosphere before Celeste sighed again, clearing before finally looking over to Jiyong.

“This is our Aunt, she was just stopping by to visit.” Celeste introduced as Jiyong put on a smile.

“Ah, glad to hear that your family was able to make it. I’m Kwon Jiyong, Captain of the Track Team.” He introduced bowing while Aunt Jayde with a gaped jaw just chuckled. Why was it that all these guys at this particular school looked as if they just walked out of a fashion magazine?

“This is Aunt Jayde, she’s our mother’s sister.” Aria whispered as Jiyong smiled.

“Well I would love to stay and chat but there is a long line waiting outside. Celeste if you want, you may have a break for a while.” Jiyong added as Celeste sighed before nodding, turning to her family.

“Let’s get out of here.” Celeste announced forcefully pushing her aunt out of the room.

“Are all guys here as gorgeous as them?” Aunt Jayde asked once they were out of the haunted house and in the sun. Muzik snorted before rolling her eyes, looking away to the various booths just as her eyes landed on a pair belonging to blue hair. She blushed when she realized his stare was already directed on her from afar.

“If I didn’t know any better, they could pass as those filthy blood ers.” Aunt Jayde muttered under her breath causing the sisters to chuckle in disbelief.

“Ya, and I’m a princess.” Muzik spoke sarcastically before walking away towards the booths. Unknown to them, Aunt Jayde was right.